Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Rating:
  • 150 Vote(s) - 3.07 Average

Babestation - General Chat & Discussion

10ofclubs Offline
Banned

RE: Babestation - General Chat & Discussion
(05-06-2011 01:26 )babestation Wrote:  
(04-06-2011 16:04 )Regenerated Wrote:  Babestation - we've been trying to help for some time now. A quick glance back through some of the pages in this thread, should reveal a large number of unhappy people, most of which who used to be fans, and now find it incredibly difficult to watch your shows for any length of time.

Why do you need to ask for phone numbers? Can you not see how intrusive and damaging the graphics, endless interruptions, plugging/marketing, ill timed voiceovers... you know I could go on all day about these problems. But I'm not going to. Because I'm tired of fighting a losing battle. I've done it for long enough in this thread so when you say "SYBORG, Ilovemegan, Carl... its your time" - it actually isn't. Its actually your time to do something about it and at least attempt to make BS good again.

Sure, you have some of the nicest looking girls, I'll give you that. But you also have some of the most pissed off customers, and that cannot be good. Sad

My head hurts now - I'm going for a lie down. This bickering back and forth is really exhausting. Sad

if you had read the thread, mostly the last few pages, properly before responding you will see that we've said that we agree with a lot of what you say on here.. but as with all businesses while it's making money it's very hard for us, as web guys, to tell the producers how to do their job. Sure the on screen graphics look absolutely rubbish, everyone in our company will agree with that, but if its making money the producers arent going to listen to us and suddenly remove them, and unfortunately they do make good money

as we thought we haven't had any PMs with mobile numbers. you guys on here are happy to moan and accuse us of all sorts, but when we ask for numbers so we can get a realistic view of what your talking about, you all disappear. you can therefore understand why we take everything said on here with a pinch of salt.. noones willing to back it up with their phone number

eek Are you nuts Bounce i have no idea who i am talking to so why would i give u my phone number Huh shocked further more you say ur hands are tied and you carn't exactly tell the producers how to do there job; well get them to come on here and address those with who has concerns/complaints Important
05-06-2011 04:14
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carl-Gen X Offline
Back from sabbatical

(05-06-2011 01:26 )babestation Wrote:  if you had read the thread, mostly the last few pages, properly before responding you will see that we've said that we agree with a lot of what you say on here.. but as with all businesses while it's making money it's very hard for us, as web guys, to tell the producers how to do their job. Sure the on screen graphics look absolutely rubbish, everyone in our company will agree with that, but if its making money the producers arent going to listen to us and suddenly remove them, and unfortunately they do make good money

as we thought we haven't had any PMs with mobile numbers. you guys on here are happy to moan and accuse us of all sorts, but when we ask for numbers so we can get a realistic view of what your talking about, you all disappear. you can therefore understand why we take everything said on here with a pinch of salt.. noones willing to back it up with their phone number

Why in the name of Christ would I want to give you my mobile number? You have already made your position quite clear, so speaking to you would be a complete waste of time would it not?

Also what is this "realistic view of what you are talking about" crap...I think it has already been made perfectly clear by a number of us what issues we have with your channel...so what could possibly be gained by speaking to you about it?

The facts that you have no defence against are..

1) You are favouring freeviewers with relentless plugging for a service which only they can watch, and alienating sky only viewers in the process. In addition, might I ask how you would feel if you were calling a babe on your channel at £1.53 per minute (a lot of money in these economically challenging times) only to have your viewing pleasure suddenly ruined by Xtreme plugging?

2) Ridiculous over the top advertising and black boxes which more often than not state the bleeding obvious or are filled with crap...e.g at least six lines of the likes of "TEXT insert babe name here 6XXXX") making the show unwatchable.

To conclude, if I was willing to supply my mobile number to debate the issues raised, I would much prefer to speak to the organ grinder and not the monkey. But it matters not anyway, I will not comment any further on this..(as long as you do not resort to making any provocative smart arse replies that is!) But for my part I am finished with watching Babestation...I will not watch your channel again in its current QVC-esque form. If it returns to its former glory, I will happily view and call the show again but as things stand, no chance.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2011 21:21 by Carl-Gen X.)
05-06-2011 11:19
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

Babestation, why would I be prepared to give you my number and risk then getting loads of spam messages and lose money on a channel that I no longer watch or enjoy. Like ILM has said I don't watch your channels anymore and won't until the advertising is done properly and less intrusive.

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
05-06-2011 18:47
Regenerated Online
An Unearthly Child

People are not going to give out their mobile phone numbers, well no-one in their right mind anyway. Rolleyes

Carl has re-iterated the two big accusations that Babestation has no defence about. Its not good enough to say "we agree with a lot of what you say" but then still say in the same sentence "its very hard for us to tell the producers how to do their job". Rolleyes

Why the heck are we talking to webguys then and not get the producers on here themselves to see the criticism? Would they not then be able to action it if they could be bothered to get on here and see it?

For gods sake I've tried to defend Babestation for so long, I am a fan, and a lot of my favourites are Babestation girls. But that doesn't mean I, or many others, are blind to BS's faults. Sad

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR APRIL: ARURA SKY
05-06-2011 19:01
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(27-05-2011 12:50 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  Ripped off again last night (nothing new there then). Got dumped back into the menu again, mid call, to be replaced by a fake girl caller annoyedannoyedannoyedannoyed

It's the arrogance of the producers that gets me. It can't be that difficult to slot the fake callers in between genuine callers surely. It's like they don't care that we know that they're ripping off the paying customers at every opportunity. The producers probably sit behind the camera laughing at us poor mugs who keep them in a job.

I wonder if they have a sweep-stake and the producer who rips off the most callers gets the pot at the end of the night.

At the risk of taking this thread off-topic, I'd like to say something positive about Babestaion (the company). eek

After I made the above post Babestation (the forum member) PM'd me asking for details of the incident so he could investigate further, with a view to offering me a refund. I gave him details of both this time and the time before as mentioned in post 2486 (it's too long to quote) and a contact no.
The other day a very nice girl from customer services phoned me and said they were going to send me a refund for both calls Surprised and, sure enough, a cheque arrived on Saturday morning.

Hopefully this means senior management (the cheque was signed by a cellcast director) acknowledge this particular scam is unacceptable and have had a word with producers to that effect. We wait with bated breath Rolleyes

Anyway, whatever happens, I'd like to publicly thank 'Babestation' for what he did. See? He's not a bad chap really Tongue
06-06-2011 07:09
10ofclubs Offline
Banned

I'm not quite sure cellcast wanna bankrupt babestation by investigating and refunding every picture or video that has been sold ova the past year cause that is what would happen if they was to do that; and to be frank refunding one person dosent justify why babestation has to scam in the 1st place and is still continuing to do so concerning photos and video's!!!
06-06-2011 12:02
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(06-06-2011 12:02 )10ofclubs Wrote:  I'm not quite sure cellcast wanna bankrupt babestation by investigating and refunding every picture or video that has been sold ova the past year cause that is what would happen if they was to do that; and to be frank refunding one person dosent justify why babestation has to scam in the 1st place and is still continuing to do so concerning photos and video's!!!

I'm not disputing there are alot more things wrong with the way Babestation do business than this one particular scam, although it's by far the worst speaking as a caller not a pic or vid buyer.

Just a case of credit where it's due.
06-06-2011 14:50
BoBByB187 Offline
A Pirate of Life

I've never really realised it until now but their screen's are full of ads and writing taking up the view of the girls. I know a lot of people have complained about it in the past but I've never truly noticed it until just now when it was blocking the view of Delta's amazing ass.

Give me more Ani James. The Legend of the Anibum will never die!
A true lover of Samantha Bentley who one day hopes to make that a reality (but that's a long shot)
06-06-2011 21:43
NHawk Offline
Senior Poster

I believe the folk behind the babestation username are sympathetic to the viewers, but they aren't going to have success with the producers unless we give them something to work when they go to the producers on our behalf.

The fact is that the language of the babestation producer is money and as much as we hate the excessive advertising OSG's and presenter interruptions, they have been there for nearly 1 year for a good reason - they must work. Us telling babestation they don't will get nowhere.

It's true that they will have lost some callers. But a look at the numbers show that BSX memberships and pic/video sales probably dwarf whatever that figure is.

£3 pic or video - makes up 2 minutes of calls lost.
£5 BSX membership - over 3 minutes made up for.

Also remember that even if only a minority of viewers are influenced by these ads, they still make a shitload of cash. A few hundred videos sold.. that's £600. That's the same as forty 10 minute calls.

So unfortunately I think OSG's are very much here to stay.

So are you saying we're fucked and should just give up?

No, of course not. I'm saying we need to (try) and work with the forum reps and give them ideas that would improve the viewing quality of the shows while at the same time increasing or at the very least not hurting what's important to babestation - cash.

Three thousands posts about how OSG's suck (and a few of those are probably mine) aren't going to get us anywhere.

OSG's are here to stay I would imagine for the simple reason stated above - they make lots of money. I think what we need to do is come up with ways to reduce the impact these have on viewing.

I believe babestation can increase their call revenue by improving the caller/viewer experience and that this should be the line we take from now on in arguing against the excessive advertising and current state of the shows.

In brief, I think the following would improve the caller experience and bring in new business (and gain back lost business).

* A complete OSG redesign where the ads actually integrate into the OSG rather than the current system of crude boxes thrown on top of an old OSG not designed for babestation's current needs.

* Excessive advertising. 3 ads for the same thing. I'm doubtful its much more effective than 1 properly done, properly placed ad in an OSG fit for purpose.

* Full screen ads. Reduced with more emphasis placed on utilizing the the OSG as above.

* More dynamic shows, more variety with outfits and themes and perhaps most importantly - regular changes and shake ups to the actual sets.

The channels would become a lot more watchable and the call revenue would increase, without necessarily hurting pic/vid/bsx sales. In fact I actually believe those would rise too if the channel was more watchable and viewers decided to stick around for longer.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2011 03:11 by NHawk.)
07-06-2011 03:00
iloveMegan Offline
And Rebecca Jade

Great post NHawk with some very valid points that I agree with Cool

All I want to say though, is that we were promised a new graphics system in the "new year". It is now June and things are worse than ever.

Edit: Because in that time, we've seen channels come and go (Babeworld, Bang Babes, Elite Freeview) and just tonight "Storm" has launched. No disrespect to them, but it does just seem to be a rebrand (ie. a new graphics system Rolleyes )

Edit 2: Had to laugh at a graphic on ch. 910 asking "Where is everyone?", while the other two channels had girl callers on the line.

"You are rude" - Michelle Thorne
"haha ilM you sick bastard" - Rev Tsu

This is the internet! How else can I communicate with you other than from behind my computer screen?
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2011 03:46 by iloveMegan.)
07-06-2011 03:10

Click here to watch Babestation TV