Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Rating:
  • 150 Vote(s) - 3.07 Average

Babestation - General Chat & Discussion

vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

RE: Babestation - General Chat & Discussion
@ 'babestation':

Please, on our behalf, obtain from the producers an explanation of the reasoning behind their practice of giving microphones to the girls so that they can talk to us and then, as soon as they start to do so, crashing them off the screen with Xtreme promos.
18-04-2011 00:50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cosmonaut Offline
Posting Machine

(17-04-2011 00:17 )Sophierxx Wrote:  I think Babestations days will be numbered once Elite launches on freeview. No doubt Babestation will get alot less calls because the freeviewers have more choice

No they won't have more choice, because Elite's freeview channel isn't a new channel. They are just taking over an existing channel, so the number of channels available to the viewer is the same as it was before.
18-04-2011 10:24
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

just wish the night show mic girl was a bit more like Jo on days

dont blame megan and geri its just the frequency could live with an interuption say every 10-15 mins but its every 2 mins

and whats with the 2-3 mins changeovers used to be a quick 30 secs and if lucky had 2 girls on the beds to changeover so we got the odd bt of banter between the girls now its a pic for sale picture on for up to 2 mins and then another girl i though thats what the mic girl was there for to tell you who was coming up next

i seriously think the graphics guy knows hes on borrowed time and he is doing a hlaf assed jobs in the hope of getting the sack or a decent payoff

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
18-04-2011 10:50
Hollywood PillowPants Offline
p.W.o 4 LIFE!!!

(17-04-2011 19:24 )Light Entertainment Wrote:  It's disappointing to see some fairly harsh stuff apparently directed at Megan, both on this thread and in her own chat thread. I know the general feeling is that the system at BS is wrong, and not specifically Megan, but an uninitiated person reading this forum could interpret Megan as a bit of a villain. That would be a mistake, because in my view she's anything but.

I actually think communication is important, and I think Megan makes a great job of that presenting role. Contrary to what one or two people have said, I really like her voice. I think she sounds upmarket, looks great, and is exactly the sort of 'package' who'd grab my attention if I was a new viewer. Since she first started doing mic duty, Megan has developed very quickly into a top professional who can and does handle very difficult situations really well. I'm convinced that as long as she wants that job, Babestation will be delighted to avail themselves of her services. I wonder if I'm watching the same Megan as some people on the forum, because I haven't found her in any way annoying, either last night or at any other time. I genuinely enjoy her presenting, and missed her when she took a week or so off. I thought she was great at the opening to BS Xtra with Camilla last night.

I do think some types of interruption are much too prevalent (although I can see a secondary reason why BS do them, beyond simply plugging whatever it is they're plugging). And that 'watermarking' thing is a fiasco. But at the other extreme, channels with no communication whatsoever I find much worse. When Bang Babes first went to Freeview I didn't have a clue who most of the girls were, and I felt like an 'outsider' to what was going on for much of the time. It took the arrival of seasoned Babestation presenters with great communication skills for Bang Babes to start connecting and be of real interest to me. I liked all the girls once I got to know who they were and what they were like, but that shouldn't take weeks, and on Babestation it doesn't.

Babestation's current Freeview rival has provided an alternative option from midnight, and then latterly from 1am, but that rival has had little impact on me. The girls are attractive and there are no intrusions, black boxes, watermarks or whatever, but the show has no discipline, and some girls have rarely looked into camera. I've got clips lasting over 5 mins, in which the onscreen girl has not looked into camera at all! That to me is far more of a problem than having a presenter arrive on the bed mid-section, and in my eyes would be a major contributory factor as to why the show hasn't sustained itself. Given the choice, I can't imagine many callers preferring to call a girl who hardly ever 'looks at the viewer', over and above one with very strong eye-contact and viewer-focus. But most of all, that rival show just has none of the buzz you invariably get with Babestation. A buzz which, without the presenters, I think BS would find it much harder to deliver.

The girls at BS must work extremely hard and take a lot of stress in making the shows what they are. They're always focused, and you don't see them roaming their eyes round the studio in general disinterest. They're introduced as stars, and that's how they behave. As a unit, I think they're the industry's most admired professionals, and that very much includes the mic girls. Long may Megan continue to present on BS. She's nice, and she obviously makes money. People like that always go a long way in life.

Absolutely fantastic to see Lolly back, by the way.

In the 2 years,2 months and 4 days i've been a member of this forum this is without doubt the biggest load of cobblers,i have ever read on this forum,and boy have i read some garbage!!!!
Geri and Megan are rapidly becoming the Babechannel equivalent of the Go Compare guy,anybody who can honestly say they enjoy the constant interruptions,the hard sell tactics and the constant ramming down your throat of BS Xtreme,is either psychologically impaired,or a fanboy so besotted by said Babe,that your mindset is ideally suited to the Cellcast 'Fuck the customer' attitude.
Let's get one thing straight they are not presenters,they are the televisions version of cold callers,taking advantage of the most inopportune time to flog their latest wares.Do you honestly think it was coincidental that they chose Lollys first night back to go on a major blitz?
As for the comment about eye contact,how the hell can you tell,often there's a black box obscuring them,or the Babe your on the phone to is shunted to the background,for me the whole thing about these channels is it's interactive on two fronts,by sight/by sound,it's difficult to interact when just as you get your Babe into the position you want,the camera then cuts away to someone else trying to sell you something you don't want.It's the visual equivalent of a cold shower!
If you want to get to know a Babe,or have better communication,try calling them,works for me!!!

""This show's about as interesting as Nick Griffin reading excerpts from 'Mein Kampf'!"
18-04-2011 14:42
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

Whats the point in having any of the other girls on if they're only getting 10% of screen time during their sections. With regards to Megan and Geri, it prooves the point I made in a previous post about it turning viewers against them. Also, when you have girls like Amanda and Lolly who have been away for a while or only on now and again, it will inevitably piss more people off when Geri or Megan then start interupting the girls every 2mins about shite that is always advertised on screen anyway.
Basically, either have the black boxes and OSGs or the hosts, not both. Another point, when your supposed to be exclusive to Sky, then stop fucking telling us on Sky about BSXtreme because its not available on Sky and not being exclusive to Sky if your flogging a product that can't be viewed if all you have is Sky.annoyedannoyedannoyedannoyedannoyed

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2011 15:57 by SYBORG666.)
18-04-2011 15:43
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(18-04-2011 10:24 )cosmonaut Wrote:  
(17-04-2011 00:17 )Sophierxx Wrote:  I think Babestations days will be numbered once Elite launches on freeview. No doubt Babestation will get alot less calls because the freeviewers have more choice

No they won't have more choice, because Elite's freeview channel isn't a new channel. They are just taking over an existing channel, so the number of channels available to the viewer is the same as it was before.

Effectively, there will be more choice because channel 192 so far hasn't really been much of a choice. There have been two or three really nice girls and some strong performances but mostly the girls have been so-so and the general presentation has been dull and unimaginative.

I will be very surprised and disappointed if the Elite show isn't a vast improvement, providing a real alternative to BS. I'm a bit apprehensive in one respect, as I'll have some decisions to make about what to record. bladewave

(18-04-2011 15:43 )SYBORG666 Wrote:  Another point, when your supposed to be exclusive to Sky, then stop fucking telling us on Sky about BSXtreme because its not available on Sky and not being exclusive to Sky if your flogging a product that can't be viewed if all you have is Sky.

As I've said before, it doesn't help the cause if we make unreasonable protests. More thasn 66% of Sky viewers also have Freeview and, in any case, BSXtreme isn't exclusive to Freeview, it's also available online. If you can post on here you can receive BSXtreme.

I could just as easily base my complaints about pics and vids touting on the fact that I can't get them as I don't have a mobile phone.
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2011 21:23 by vila.)
18-04-2011 19:34
Light Entertainment Offline
Senior Poster

(18-04-2011 14:42 )PillowPants Wrote:  In the 2 years,2 months and 4 days i've been a member of this forum this is without doubt the biggest load of cobblers,i have ever read on this forum,and boy have i read some garbage!!!!
Geri and Megan are rapidly becoming the Babechannel equivalent of the Go Compare guy,anybody who can honestly say they enjoy the constant interruptions,the hard sell tactics and the constant ramming down your throat of BS Xtreme,is either psychologically impaired,or a fanboy so besotted by said Babe,that your mindset is ideally suited to the Cellcast 'Fuck the customer' attitude.
Let's get one thing straight they are not presenters,they are the televisions version of cold callers,taking advantage of the most inopportune time to flog their latest wares.Do you honestly think it was coincidental that they chose Lollys first night back to go on a major blitz?
As for the comment about eye contact,how the hell can you tell,often there's a black box obscuring them,or the Babe your on the phone to is shunted to the background,for me the whole thing about these channels is it's interactive on two fronts,by sight/by sound,it's difficult to interact when just as you get your Babe into the position you want,the camera then cuts away to someone else trying to sell you something you don't want.It's the visual equivalent of a cold shower!
If you want to get to know a Babe,or have better communication,try calling them,works for me!!!

No, of course I don't think it was coincidental. Just as it isn't coincidental that you always get a much bigger ad barrage in the hour from 11pm on BS1, on a Saturday night, than you do after 4.30 am on Glamourchase, on a Wednesday morning. They're gonna advertise most when they know the audience is at its biggest and they've got most to gain. Why would any business do otherwise?

I agree that the girls on the BS beds are interrupted too much (as I said in my post). And you're right - of course it's important to properly see the girl you've called. Indeed I gave suggestions to BS as to how I felt that might be more possible, when forum members were invited to do so a month or two back. But these shows are not a simple matter of putting hot girls on a bed and waiting for the cash to generate itself. What I'm saying is that it doesn't appear to have worked out for another channel, which had perfectly likeable and attractive girls, and which had no issues with interruptions or intrusive OSGs. If it was a simple equasion - get rid of all the ads and voice overs and you have a successful show, then surely that channel would still be on air. As of today, it no longer is. That suggests to me that even when viewers were provided with an alternative which anyone could access, and which addressed pretty much every single complaint people level at Babestation, it was still Babestation that customers look to have predominantly chosen. I've given my view as to why that is, whilst simultaneously fullfilling my diehard, psychologically-impaired fanboy needs, obviouslylaugh.
18-04-2011 20:09
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

I think that it is unfair if people are directing flack at Megan or Geri or any of the microphone girls. All I have done in this thread is repeatedly give my support to the channel as a Babestation fan, and yes I've criticised with a constructive viewpoint where I feel something needs to be said. As Vila said, we need to work with BS to make things right. Its no use making unreasonable protests and demands, but what we can do is offer constructive criticism (which I feel for the most part) we have done.

I don't blame the girls on the mic for what in my opinion is detrimental to the channel - I, like many others here are trying to give the producers some reasonable and viable solutions to the problems.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR APRIL: ARURA SKY
18-04-2011 20:18
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

If my post came across as a personal dig at Megan and Geri, then I apologise as they are only doing their job. I was merely pointing out that all the excessive interuptions by them (due to BS management) is turning viewers against them.
I didn't realise that a majority of Sky viewers had Freeview as well but thank you Vila for pointing that outSmileSmile
I also realise now that I am one of a very few who posts on here through my phone due to not having a P.C or laptop.
I have tried being nice like most people on here with regards to the excessive ads but when it is quite clear that BS does'nt give a shit about what we are saying here, then tempers will flare and BS are seeming to forget or ignore the fact that this forum is their link to the general viewers and all we are trying to do is help them to get back to how they were a year or two ago.

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
18-04-2011 21:24
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

I didn't see your post as a personal dig at anyone Syborg, I think we can all appreciate that we're frustrated with the producers of BS, not the girls. We're all at the end of the day trying to achieve the same thing for BS - and that's success.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR APRIL: ARURA SKY
18-04-2011 21:29

Click here to watch Babestation TV