Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

RE: Elite TV - General Chat & Discussion
(21-09-2010 12:18 )HEX!T Wrote:  thing is m8 no channels would go as low as 1 pound per night. maybe 30 pounds a month but not 1 pound per night, the reason is that out of that pound they would have to pay a percentage to the company that handles the money say ccbill.

And $ky charge broadcasters a premium on all encrypted channels. "Adult" is the highest PPV tariff.
21-09-2010 12:38
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
terence Offline

it's a shame because that's the type of thing i would like to see. oh well, back to the internet and caty cole 241's for meSmile

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
21-09-2010 15:37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

(21-09-2010 15:37 )terence Wrote:  it's a shame because that's the type of thing i would like to see. oh well, back to the internet and caty cole 241's for meSmile

I have a feeling we won't be seeing any Caty 2-4-1's for a while. While the solo shows still seem to be of the same quality, the 2-4-1's have been mostly absent for the past few weeks, especially from Caty. I wonder if Offcom has started to pray on them as well? I hope not. Despite Elite doing the handthong, Babestation has actually shown a bit more lately when it comes to vagina. I still think Elite should do an uncensored show, once a week on SKY, whether it be for a few hours only, or for the whole night. Just once a week would be great, and I think it would do well enough on SKY for it to be worthwhile. Look at Babestation Xtreme, which wasn't the best at first, but has become a bit better and is still running. If Elite did a once a week show on SKY, it would do even better than Xtreme, as Elite is the better channel.
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2010 18:10 by mrmann.)
21-09-2010 18:07
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

Probably right, elite do seen to have eased off the 241's for now, probably as you say to avoid ofcom jumping on them. Not noticed anything in the ofcom section so elite are probably just playin safe for now. The once a week uncensored show is a great idea. Just need to make sure they do it say from 11pm-2am, well after the watershed

Piper Niven Superfan
21-09-2010 19:47
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(21-09-2010 19:47 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  Probably right, elite do seen to have eased off the 241's for now, probably as you say to avoid ofcom jumping on them.
Not noticed anything in the ofcom section so elite are probably just playin safe for now.
The once a week uncensored show is a great idea. Just need to make sure they do it say from 11pm-2am, well after the watershed

They are currently under investigation by ofcom
see http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid621558
Its mainly Bangbabes, but Elite are mentioned a few times in this list.
21-09-2010 20:03
bombshell Offline
Hazel Nut

(21-09-2010 20:03 )TheWatcher Wrote:  They are currently under investigation by ofcom

That should stop the speculation,it all makes sense now.

Its so good to be insane
nobody asks you to explain
21-09-2010 20:08
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

(21-09-2010 20:03 )TheWatcher Wrote:  They are currently under investigation by ofcom

So lame!!! Way to ruin our fun Offcom Sad

The more they censor things, the less people are going to want to watch! Maybe that's the plan of Offcom afterall, to fine everyone until they become very tame and boring, or until they run out of money or lose their licenses. To Rammyrascal: I meant for the unsensored show to be on encrypted SKY, so it wouldn't matter when the watershed was, would it? I know Xtreme is uncensored and encrypted, but that starts at midnight, so maybe you are right.
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2010 20:23 by mrmann.)
21-09-2010 20:20
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

To be honest, I think satellite is eventually going to be fazed out. I'm sure it will continue in certain areas, but I believe the Internet is the way forward now.

More and more companies are streaming media via the Internet now. And I think more and more set-top boxes will just plug into the phone-line, rather than a dish.

It's a lot easier, and cheaper to set-up and run a web-streaming service, than it is to rent or purchase a transponder off a satellite. And with phone companies, laying more and more fibre-optic cable, it's just going to be even more utilised.

It may still be a little early for companies like Elite to be thinking about it now. But a bit of forward thinking and planning, would certainly be prudent I think.
21-09-2010 20:49
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

(21-09-2010 20:49 )aceman65 Wrote:  To be honest, I think satellite is eventually going to be fazed out. I'm sure it will continue in certain areas, but I believe the Internet is the way forward now.

More and more companies are streaming media via the Internet now. And I think more and more set-top boxes will just plug into the phone-line, rather than a dish.

It's a lot easier, and cheaper to set-up and run a web-streaming service, than it is to rent or purchase a transponder off a satellite. And with phone companies, laying more and more fibre-optic cable, it's just going to be even more utilised.

It may still be a little early for companies like Elite to be thinking about it now. But a bit of forward thinking and planning, would certainly be prudent I think.

Maybe so, and that would eliminate the Offcom factor, but it won't be as enjoyable to watch it on a computer screen when compared to a TV, for me at least. It would work very well if we could put what we're watching on the computer, up on the TV like we can do with XBox and certain other game systems. Then we'd get to see everything on a decent sized screen, for those who only have laptops.
21-09-2010 21:15
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

Most tv's nowadays come with the ability to link your tv to your pc as standard

A couple of cheaply priced cables later - and what's on your pc you can watch on your tv screen
Wink

21-09-2010 21:35