03-11-2009 17:50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dave34 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Babestation - General Chat & Discussion
looks like freeview could lose babestation & bangbabes
read this & post your views here
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting...rules.html

David is Darly's newest fan also a big fan of Charlie C ,Tiffany & Camilla, Kandi Kay & Rachel Taylor , Ruby Summer & Ree Petra, Kitty from Asian Connections & Jasmine from Asian Connections

top 4 channels as they are BS / Xpanded TV & Studio 66 TV & Asian Connections
03-11-2009 20:15
Big Boobies Offline
Posting Machine

Hi guys. Just to let you know (as I mentioned on the Whos on tonight? thread0 I've been rumbled by my wife. She found this forum in my favourites section on the family computer. So I have had to delete it straight away. So although I hope to come on at odd times to "catch up" with things I wont be able to contribute as much as I have since joinig in April.BUT please keep up the good work;uou are a great bunch and the forum is excellent at keeping us all up to date with things relating to Babeshows. So bye for now but I hope to keep reading the threads irregularly so keep up your great work.Its a super site with very interesting threads and resources.Take care and bye for now.
03-11-2009 20:22
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(03-11-2009 20:15 )dave34 Wrote:  looks like freeview could lose babestation & bangbabes
read this & post your views here
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting...rules.html

I think we all knew this was happening. It's why I've posted comments previously regarding texts. As these are charged at £1.50 I believe they form part of the PRS but it's my understanding that if they are read out or displayed on screen they become part of the editorial content rather than advertising.

Cellcast's policy of making texts an integral part of their editorial element can only help in any effort to keep their channels free-to-air. Linking all the channels together via BSxtra is probably an attempt to get them all treated as a single service despite the texts only being featured on BSxtra.

BangBabe's situation is a bit more perilous as there is no on screen interactive involvement.

I've read somewhere that the channels are trying to avoid the consequences of these measures by pointing out that the vast majority of their viewers never use the PRS facilities and that therefore their primary function is entertainment and not PRS-promotion.

According to comments on Ofcom's web site these proposed changes wouldn't necessarily mean the channels would have to come off Freeview but rather that they would have to be encrypted AND it would be the same for all the Sky channels. This isn't a Freeview-only initiative.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 21:31 by vila.)
03-11-2009 21:19
Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

does anyone know how the timing of the individual stints works ? only louise had less than 25 minutes, and alex has (as i write this) now had 50 minutes. is it a 'lets play it by ear' job ?

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
03-11-2009 23:14
Ultramantis Black Away
Account Closed

(03-11-2009 23:14 )Freebird Wrote:  does anyone know how the timing of the individual stints works ? only louise had less than 25 minutes, and alex has (as i write this) now had 50 minutes. is it a 'lets play it by ear' job ?

I would guess it is a 'play it by ear job'. Louise Porter was doing a stint on BS1 last night for something in the region of a 80 mins (I still have this saved on my HD so may go and double check the length to get the exact time). It is the longest stint I have ever seen, surpassing Adele's 75 minutes from BB a couple of nights ago (admittedly that was 75 minutes on Freeview, and she was already on the phone when the station began, and didn't do an intro so no idea how long her stint actually ran for).
04-11-2009 13:09
beller Offline
Senior Poster

(28-10-2009 21:12 )matt38 Wrote:  If indeed their has been a huge cull of girls at BS, is their likely to be a new increase of new girls, excisting girls from the day shows, or are girls going to come in from rival stations. As I keep reading the BS brand will lure them in.

Not sure about chicken/egg. I may have missed something earlier, but if Cellcast are deliberately and massively reducing their numbers to save money, I wouldn't have thought there was any guarantee of new girls coming in.

Perhaps the girls got wind of the cull and either jumped ship while they could find room on another channel or left TV altogether. What will Rachel do? If she's gone, will her housemate and best friend Paige go too? Poor girls. There ain't much space left available on other channels.

And if there was a cull as such, what do you think were the criteria? I can't work out the connection in style between Amanda/Jemma and poor Rachel.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2009 13:48 by beller.)
04-11-2009 13:36
Ultramantis Black Away
Account Closed

(04-11-2009 13:36 )beller Wrote:  Perhaps the girls got wind of the cull and either jumped ship while they could find room on another channel or left TV altogether. What will Rachel do? If she's gone, will her housemate and best friend Paige go too? Poor girls. There ain't much space left available on other channels.

Exactly. So many posters come on here and say 'x' should leave BS and go and join 'y'. There are only a finite number of positions available on the various stations, so that the girls can be given sufficient hours to work. No-one knows on here why so many girls have left BS reccently, although if I had to hazard a guess, cost cutting would be top of the list. Things are a lot more complex than saying so and so should just join Elite (for example).
04-11-2009 13:49
Ultramantis Black Away
Account Closed

(04-11-2009 13:36 )beller Wrote:  And if there was a cull as such, what do you think were the criteria? I can't work out the connection in style between Amanda/Jemma and poor Rachel.

I can only go on what I have read here, but I would say Amanda left of her own accord, Jemma does what Amanda does, Rachel was let go (absolutely no idea why), Flo and Dionne left of their own accord, and Geri was let go. All speculation mind.
04-11-2009 13:51

Click here to watch Babestation TV