Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
(01-05-2022 23:48 )derekdas Wrote:  
(01-05-2022 12:21 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  Fantastic news Mellie D is back on the babeshows last night on s66. She's doing camshows from home

Just shows how desperate S66 are now in the recruitment stakes.

Mellie D signed by s66 is a sign of desperation.....BounceBounceBounceBounce yeah right

Piper Niven Superfan
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022 13:02 by Rammyrascal.)
02-05-2022 12:42
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

(01-05-2022 23:48 )derekdas Wrote:  
(01-05-2022 12:21 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  Fantastic news Mellie D is back on the babeshows last night on s66. She's doing camshows from home

Just shows how desperate S66 are now in the recruitment stakes.

100% accurate, Derekdas

AKA Lara Croft
02-05-2022 18:04
hornball Offline
Posting Machine

What I don't get is this.........if the change in the format at S66 is - and was thought that it would be - such a utopian success, why is it the case that it prompted large numbers of the more high profile (and by definition most popular) girls to jump ship and move to - predominantly Babestation - where their profile is higher with all but the most explicit content remaining FTA, albeit on the website and not just tv??

I would reckon traffic is down at S66 (don't know for sure obviously), and all the other channels seem to be doing just fine without this all or nothing channel blocking backstage stuff. Wouldn't every company (Xpanded, BS) want to follow suit if it was such a rip roaring success??, or is it the fact that S66 has this deluded notion that the format they have adopted, reflects some elevated status they think they have with people. They call it 'delusions of grandeur' don't they??

I should just add that the other channels don't seem to be as hung up on the so - called 'freeloader' concern
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022 21:44 by hornball.)
02-05-2022 21:25
marlowe Offline
Posting Machine

(02-05-2022 21:25 )hornball Wrote:  it prompted large numbers of the more high profile (and by definition most popular) girls to jump ship

Just out of curiosity, when you refer to 'large numbers' who were you thinking of specifically? After all, girls have been leaving S66 for Babestation for many years now. I haven't noticed the number being any higher in recent times.
02-05-2022 21:46
hornball Offline
Posting Machine

(02-05-2022 21:46 )marlowe Wrote:  
(02-05-2022 21:25 )hornball Wrote:  it prompted large numbers of the more high profile (and by definition most popular) girls to jump ship

Just out of curiosity, when you refer to 'large numbers' who were you thinking of specifically? After all, girls have been leaving S66 for Babestation for many years now. I haven't noticed the number being any higher in recent times.

It has always been the case that girls have come and gone. It is rare that you will find a 'one club player' environment in the adult industry I reckon. I think though (just a hunch - no scientific insight) more numbers have left relatively recently than the 'drip feed' effect in the past. I confess I am notoriously bad with names, but it is just my observation. Some came and went - particularly quickly - from the daytime chat and the night time tease chat format -Rhiannon as one example. There was another brunette (sorry name escapes) who joined the daytime sofa show, but was gone after the proverbial 'five minutes' which was when the start of the current format kicked - in. I said at the time that she and others had been kept in the dark about the impending change. otherwise why join at all.

This is just my take, but I guess there were a myriad of reasons why the girls left also, which I don't know about!
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022 22:04 by hornball.)
02-05-2022 21:57
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

^ Interesting posts hornball. Fascinating subject this isn't it? How can these people come to such different conclusions on how things should best work? Makes you question exactly what the operators and specific babes want most out of what they do doesn't it? There's this idea the shows are only ever about making the biggest revenue possible but, though obviously a massive motivator, other things are clearly to the fore too. They must be otherwise what we're presented with would look very different. Babes in particular, clearly and understandably, prioritise different things at different times.

So, I think the validity of the recent 66 changes - as is often the case - comes down to how you define success mostly. What "works best" means works best for the person or organisation in the circumstances they have in that moment.

Some of what's gone on at 66 recently was externally accelerated too if you recall. They were under severe pressure from Ofcom's attentions once again. (I see the dropping of the 66chat stream idea as the end of an effort - in part - meant to placate the regulator with a new style output for TV.)

My best guess then: The current set up at 66 was not designed to make them market leaders, or anything like it, nor were they looking to reinvent the babeshow wheel but more likely it was a stabilising change of tack (how long could they have gone on in the old way down to only one TV feed?); a streamlining move and protection mechanism intended to set them up for better prospects going forward.

66 are not trying to outdo BS. In fact they seem to be consciously attempting to do their own thing (in a deliberately contained fashion). Trying to nick some lessons from, and trade off, OF and others whilst doing so.

Presumably they wanted greater efficiancy/profitability (less regular outgoings and a greater capacity in sources of income). Iow, it was a required modernisation for them purely because of the position they were in (BS will nevertheless be looking to see which bits of new website functionality they should be stealing!laugh). One thing to note: This was no baby out with the bath water. Things were added but as little was changed for the babes as possible.

One thing 66 seem big on - keeping certain people employed and as cushty as poss in what they're doing. I see those that remained at 66 as active in asking for the changes we've seen.(Protecting their creators from having to change their ways of working too much and granting them almost excessive flexibility seems to be how 66 are looking to retain and recruit atm.)

(02-05-2022 21:25 )hornball Wrote:  ...where their profile is higher with all but the most explicit content remaining FTA...

And as you hint^, those that left likely had different priorities. It was the timing of those that moved away that feels significant for them; just as the timing of arrivals now, I think, tells us some babes are already being attracted by the new possibilities of the new site.

It's worth remembering also that we've been told it's 66 intention to go back to having stream copies available with fta third parties at some point. Whether this period as subscription only will convince them that's not needed we'll have to wait and see. How radical they wish to be in the end (there's still much work to do on the site they've admitted) is therefore still unclear.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2022 23:51 by ShandyHand.)
02-05-2022 23:51
Hobgoblin Offline
Senior Poster

Since the change of format:

Brooksie Brookes
Nikita Reign
Jennifer Kelly (XP)
Lexi Carter
Zara Nevada
Joa Nova
Demi Lee
Isabella Skye
Isobel Stone
Taylor Marie
Saskia Jade

Also Sasha Louise mostly camming these days

But on the positive side S66 have just got Natasha Class so there’s that!
03-05-2022 13:56
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

(03-05-2022 13:56 )Hobgoblin Wrote:  

Since the change of format:

Brooksie Brookes
Nikita Reign
Jennifer Kelly (XP)
Lexi Carter
Zara Nevada
Joa Nova
Demi Lee
Isabella Skye
Isobel Stone
Taylor Marie
Saskia Jade

Also Sasha Louise mostly camming these days

But on the positive side S66 have just got Natasha Class so there’s that!

And Mellie D

Piper Niven Superfan
03-05-2022 14:00
marlowe Offline
Posting Machine

(03-05-2022 13:56 )Hobgoblin Wrote:  Since the change of format:

Just to be clear, when you say 'change of format' are you referring to the relaunched new format website (from last December) or do you mean the decision to restrict the streams to paying customers (from February last year)?
03-05-2022 15:04
hornball Offline
Posting Machine

(02-05-2022 23:51 )ShandyHand Wrote:  ^ Interesting posts hornball. Fascinating subject this isn't it? How can these people come to such different conclusions on how things should best work? Makes you question exactly what the operators and specific babes want most out of what they do doesn't it? There's this idea the shows are only ever about making the biggest revenue possible but, though obviously a massive motivator, other things are clearly to the fore too. They must be otherwise what we're presented with would look very different. Babes in particular, clearly and understandably, prioritise different things at different times.

So, I think the validity of the recent 66 changes - as is often the case - comes down to how you define success mostly. What "works best" means works best for the person or organisation in the circumstances they have in that moment.

Some of what's gone on at 66 recently was externally accelerated too if you recall. They were under severe pressure from Ofcom's attentions once again. (I see the dropping of the 66chat stream idea as the end of an effort - in part - meant to placate the regulator with a new style output for TV.)

NB: was the name of the brunette that left the day show (connect 4 and all) Eliza?? or have I made that up??

My best guess then: The current set up at 66 was not designed to make them market leaders, or anything like it, nor were they looking to reinvent the babeshow wheel but more likely it was a stabilising change of tack (how long could they have gone on in the old way down to only one TV feed?); a streamlining move and protection mechanism intended to set them up for better prospects going forward.

66 are not trying to outdo BS. In fact they seem to be consciously attempting to do their own thing (in a deliberately contained fashion). Trying to nick some lessons from, and trade off, OF and others whilst doing so.

Presumably they wanted greater efficiancy/profitability (less regular outgoings and a greater capacity in sources of income). Iow, it was a required modernisation for them purely because of the position they were in (BS will nevertheless be looking to see which bits of new website functionality they should be stealing!laugh). One thing to note: This was no baby out with the bath water. Things were added but as little was changed for the babes as possible.

One thing 66 seem big on - keeping certain people employed and as cushty as poss in what they're doing. I see those that remained at 66 as active in asking for the changes we've seen.(Protecting their creators from having to change their ways of working too much and granting them almost excessive flexibility seems to be how 66 are looking to retain and recruit atm.)

(02-05-2022 21:25 )hornball Wrote:  ...where their profile is higher with all but the most explicit content remaining FTA...

And as you hint^, those that left likely had different priorities. It was the timing of those that moved away that feels significant for them; just as the timing of arrivals now, I think, tells us some babes are already being attracted by the new possibilities of the new site.

It's worth remembering also that we've been told it's 66 intention to go back to having stream copies available with fta third parties at some point. Whether this period as subscription only will convince them that's not needed we'll have to wait and see. How radical they wish to be in the end (there's still much work to do on the site they've admitted) is therefore still unclear.
Those are the conclusions that I reached too ShandyHand. I made just that point in a previous post when I suggested that they were acting to preempt Ofcoms reaction and conclusion to the day time 'stuff ups' open mic etc. I do myself think though, that it was 'baby out with bath water'

NB : Was the name of the Brunette who left the day show in a hurry 'Eliza'?? Maybe I have got that wrong, but the name rings a bell
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2022 15:19 by hornball.)
03-05-2022 15:14