Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

hairbald Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
(09-05-2014 17:22 )mrmann Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 17:11 )andyfletch25m Wrote:  Can anyone explain this 8 week embargo thing why is it done I don't get it like why 8 weeks what does it do. Also why does it help the shows if you show caps but not videos, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm just not aware of the whole RLC 8 week thing.

It can give Ofcunt proof that something might have happened. Someone calls in and complains about such and such, and perhaps points Ofcunt in the direction of a video here, and presto. Of course in the past, when I suggested that Ofcunt possibly checks out the videos here, most people said no way. I guess regardless, there's still the fear that they could have access to the videos, either by surfing this forum or by someone sending them the videos.

Sucks!
Ofcom can ask for copies of the videos from the companies. I guess it just stops the casual complainer from getting hold of the videos. Its annoying but I kind of understand the point.

As Mrmann said, if you want to look you can find plenty of tubes and other forums which will not take any notice of the embargo, but this forum is probably the most comprehensive and obvious
09-05-2014 17:43
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RatedR Offline
Bend the Rules

there's also the option of watching the show on tv Tongue never really understood watching a repeat of a babeshow, if you can't watch live then there are other things to watch online that don't revolve around the tame but live element. The fact it's live and you can interact is the main turn on, I thought.

Ohh yes! It's good to be bad
09-05-2014 18:01
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

Concerning the discussions about this new 8 week vid rule and Ofcom check out these posts made by admin a few years ago concerning Ofcom and this forum
(07-12-2009 10:49 )admin Wrote:  
(07-12-2009 00:00 )DanVox Wrote:  It's pointless censorship by BB. Ofcom hav a track record of refusing to examine anything other than a compliance tape supplied by the broadcaster itself.

Unfortunately you're not as knowlegeable as you think. Ofcom have recently examined material taken from this forum and sadly for you they did not refuse to examine it as you claim they would have done.

(07-12-2009 10:53 )admin Wrote:  
(07-12-2009 00:40 )vostok 1 Wrote:  It concerns Bang Babes pointless paranoia and not wanting a visual record on this forum of a previous incident.

Ofcom have recently received complaints backed up by material taken from this forum, so the paranoia of Bang Babes is not pointless at all.

Also check out this post made by admin were he/she states that Ofcom have been known to send letters to the channels referring to material posted on this forum
http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid703245

So Ofcom do seem to use this forum in one way or the other to gather information about the channels ..

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 18:42 by mr mystery.)
09-05-2014 18:40
RatedR Offline
Bend the Rules

I have no doubt that not just Ofcom, but busy bodies wanting to feel important use this forum to gather evidence to back up complaints. Responsible capping and no instant access to videos should help. Look how much response the DTW thread got recently, including a post by a new member today.

Ohh yes! It's good to be bad
09-05-2014 19:08
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

(09-05-2014 15:54 )Charlemagne Wrote:  We've just been informed that there's now going to be an 8 week embargo as we have with RLC

is it both day and night shows ?

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
09-05-2014 20:02
skully Offline

(09-05-2014 18:40 )mr mystery Wrote:  ...check out this post made by admin were he/she states...

I can confirm that admin is not a he/she, but is actually a he Wink

(09-05-2014 20:02 )HannahsPet Wrote:  is it both day and night shows ?

If it's the same as RLC, then yes, it will be day and night. We'll provide more details/make an official post once we know exactly what's what.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
09-05-2014 20:05
SteveHG Offline
Posting Machine

(09-05-2014 18:01 )RatedR Wrote:  there's also the option of watching the show on tv Tongue never really understood watching a repeat of a babeshow, if you can't watch live then there are other things to watch online that don't revolve around the tame but live element. The fact it's live and you can interact is the main turn on, I thought.

Not sure I completely agree.
Yes of course the ideal is to see a show live and I agree that seeing a good 'un does give the biggest thrill. But unless you watch all possible channels/streams simultaneously 24/7 (slight exaggeration but you know what I mean) you're bound to miss something good.
And of course today's potentially unmemorable recording might end up as a classic show in future - I'm always grateful to those who've recorded and uploaded (or maybe re-upped) some great performance which would otherwise have been lost for all time. Not forgetting that it enables old gits like me to re-play these over again and complain how modern babeshows ain't a patch on the old ones! annoyed
09-05-2014 23:25
Don Tingley Offline
Retired

(09-05-2014 16:07 )RatedR Wrote:  Videos don't really benefit the shows.

Production staff and bosses who don't have a clue what they're doing don't benefit this channels shows.
09-05-2014 23:30
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
anchorman Offline
Account Closed

Hopefully lucy jumps in the shower next Big Grin
10-05-2014 01:09
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

It is just good to see the shower set redeployed after far far too long

10-05-2014 01:25