Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

RE: Elite TV - General Chat & Discussion
(03-04-2012 20:13 )mr mystery Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 20:08 )Gaz "AV1" Aston Wrote:  ^^ I wonder if you got slapped with £100k fine would you be so keen to upset ofcom?

When did Elite get slapped with a £100k fine ? , this size of fine would explain their recent tame shows , i honestly didn't realise they had been given any fines by Ofcom .

They didnt (At least not to my knowledge) I was giving an example of what could happen if they do breach ofcoms rules. The point im making is that its all very well saying channels should fight ofcom and villifying a channel for being an "Ofcom pleaser" but its not us that will get fined if they are found in breach of the rules. If Elite was my business i would be airing on the side of caution too...Something Scottishbloke and others can't seem to get their head round!
03-04-2012 20:28
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmiller Offline
Ofcom can suck my sweaty balls

i've read both the BS & Elite threads and there are plenty of people that take every chance to big up one channel while slagging off the other. there's more rivalry here than in the football threads. both shows could be cancelled tonight and there would still be people saying one was miles better than the other.

does the Fanboy category in the Forum Awards only apply to babes or can we nominate channel fanboys as well?

:yawn:
03-04-2012 20:36
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(03-04-2012 20:19 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  youd be calling babestation a "self obsessed ofcom pleaser" if it had to conform to the ofcom rules like elite has to
think elite have been fined

Babestation does have to conform to the same Ofcom content rules as Elite , the Dutch licence only allows BS to start before 12am on freeview , all the BS content apart from a brief 30mins between 11pm and 11.30pm has to conform to Ofcom rules because it simulcasts with Ofcom regulated channels .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 20:41 by mr mystery.)
03-04-2012 20:37
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

(03-04-2012 20:37 )mr mystery Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 20:19 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  youd be calling babestation a "self obsessed ofcom pleaser" if it had to conform to the ofcom rules like elite has to
think elite have been fined

Babestation does have to conform to the same Ofcom content rules as Elite , the Dutch licence only allows BS to start before 12am on freeview , all the BS content apart from a brief 30mins between 11pm and 11.30pm has to conform to Ofcom rules because it simulcasts with Ofcom regulated channels .

And get they never get reported while to others have been battered by reports, what does that tell you?

Tumblr - Suicide Girls
03-04-2012 20:44
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dan g 27 Offline
Hairy Fucker

Wasn't there posts in the RLC chat and discussion thread a few weeks ago about how the channels are reporting each other to ofcom, so don't the people running these channels have to take some responsiblity if people on this forum feel these channels are dire and tame
03-04-2012 20:51
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

(03-04-2012 20:51 )dan g 27 Wrote:  Wasn't there posts in the RLC chat and discussion thread a few weeks ago about how the channels are reporting each other to ofcom, so don't the people running these channels have to take some responsiblity if people on this forum feel these channels are dire and tame

It's well known that all channels report each other (and after a recent revaluation, it seems some girls aswell)

Not sure about responsibility cause you can't please everyone cause what some people ie scottishbloke like is quite the niche market, if the foot fetish fans was the biggest complainers on here would you expect to change their output to suit their needs?

IMO their main responsibility should always be the callers, which they're very few of on here anyway so they prob ignore most of, if not all of what's mentioned on here

Tumblr - Suicide Girls
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 21:24 by gazfc.)
03-04-2012 21:02
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Before this all turns into a full scale riot, if it was Babestation that was producing the tame shows and Elite the exact opposite, again I would be equally as critical of Babestation. I am a fan of all the babe channels but also I have a offer a fair critique of all of them. It's not a case of bigging one up over the other and if I do or did it's to illustrate a point that it needs to wake up and stop the pandering to Ofcom. Elite shows recently which have been safety first has not made for an entertaining nights viewing, how they can justify a premium rate number for so little in return is beyond me, hence the reason the amount of phone waving I have seen. Elite are sitting on their arse and should be along with the rest be mounting a legal challenge to Ofcom's hideous rulebook. That aside as I've previously stated it doesn't help matters much when even Elite applies it's own self censorship into the bargain, yes just to add also Elite to my knowledge has never been fined anything on the scale of 100k but they definately need to start to show a set of balls again like they used to only a few short years ago as the management are running this show into the ground, like I said the fact that Georgie made the decision and not Elite to leave does bring you to your own conclusions and that is a fact that should never be dismissed.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 21:04 by Scottishbloke.)
03-04-2012 21:02
Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

(03-04-2012 21:02 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Before this all turns into a full scale riot, if it was Babestation that was producing the tame shows and Elite the exact opposite, again I would be equally as critical of Babestation. I am a fan of all the babe channels but also I have a offer a fair critique of all of them. It's not a case of bigging one up over the other and if I do or did it's to illustrate a point that it needs to wake up and stop the pandering to Ofcom. Elite shows recently which have been safety first has not made for an entertaining nights viewing, how they can justify a premium rate number for so little in return is beyond me, hence the reason the amount of phone waving I have seen. Elite are sitting on their arse and should be along with the rest be mounting a legal challenge to Ofcom's hideous rulebook. That aside as I've previously stated it doesn't help matters much when even Elite applies it's own self censorship into the bargain, yes just to add also Elite to my knowledge has never been fined anything on the scale of 100k but they definately need to start to show a set of balls again like they used to only a few short years ago as the management are running this show into the ground, like I said the fact that Georgie made the decision and not Elite to leave does bring you to your own conclusions and that is a fact that should never be dismissed.

Firstly...a wise women once said.... "Paragraphs? " Wink

Secondly in response to the highlighted bit of your last post..

Running it into the ground how? Do you have evidence that Elite is struggling financially? If so i'd genuinely love to see it!
03-04-2012 21:11
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

Isnt it bs who are massive amounts of money in debt, hence all the cost cuts that's been happening lately

Tumblr - Suicide Girls
03-04-2012 21:14
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

(03-04-2012 21:14 )gazfc Wrote:  Isnt it bs who are massive amounts of money in debt, hence all the cost cuts that's been happening lately

Cellcast rarely make a profit, in fact, the only time I recall them making a profit was when they sold one of their channels. If it wasn't for that, well, they would've ended up losing money that year, which is pretty much a standard thing for them to do. We'll soon get to see how Cellcast are doing when they announce their latest results in June.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 21:44 by Chilly.)
03-04-2012 21:39