Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 2.87 Average

Split Screen

Shandy Offline

RE: Split Screen
Censorship :-( Wrote:
vila Wrote:Am I the only one who finds this very off-putting? Its very distracting and the cameras can't do proper justice to either girl.

It's being touted as some sort of double value but I find it just the opposite.

SNIP

If they want two girls on screen together I would much rather have that the way they used to do it: both girls on the same bed in one shot. The split screen just doesn't work for me.

I guess that the split screen is the reason they've gone 16:9 (most of the time, that is, they still managed to fuck things up last night, where one of the cameras wasn't switched to 16:9!)

For me, split screen means 2 babes on screen doing next to fuck all, instead of one; ‘stereo fuck all’, if you like Wink

babestation and party people have been doin split screen for ages now, so you can't blame it on the 16:9
13-06-2009 14:50
Find all posts by this user
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

a nice change but do prefer just one girl on her own

Piper Niven Superfan
13-06-2009 14:52
Censorship :-( Away
Sadly, no more caps. :-(

I've given it a chance but, no, split screen sucks, IMO.

Last night's PL, which, in terms of content, was much better than normal, was spolied by the large amount of split screen; again, IMO.
14-06-2009 12:44
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

Shandyman™ Wrote:babestation and party people have been doin split screen for ages now, so you can't blame it on the 16:9
Only just noticed this comment. The only previous use of split screen that I can recall was for short interruptions to make announcements, read texts, etc, when just the right-hand third of the screen was split off. Don't remember it ever being used for two phone girls simultaneously for a whole section prior to 16:9. Hard to see how there would be room in a 4:3 image.
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2009 14:37 by vila.)
19-06-2009 14:35
Shandy Offline

look thru the many threads on bsd and party people where there's caps, you will see some examples, hell for ages pp used to be split screen from 5.30 til 7am most the time.
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2009 19:14 by Shandy.)
19-06-2009 19:12
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

I'll have to take your word re PP - I don't remember. Anyway, just to prove the 'one man's meat' principle, someone just texted in asking for split screen! Rolleyes
21-06-2009 00:39
Bunna Away
On Leave

Shandyman™ Wrote:look thru the many threads on bsd and party people where there's caps, you will see some examples, hell for ages pp used to be split screen from 5.30 til 7am most the time.

This is 100% correct

Thank you and goodnight!
21-06-2009 00:58
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

[split] Who's on the show tonight?
Watching my recording this morning, I thought there seemed to a lot of split screen used last night. I always fastforward at max speed when they do this. So to see how much split screen was used, I recorded the whole show to DVD at max x64 speed and then took 32 automatic equally spaced screenshots from it. Equivalent to screenshots at just over 8 minute intervals.
See attachment.
Of these 32 pics, 17 are in split screen mode, so just over 50% of the show was like this.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

25-06-2009 12:17
G@Z! Offline
Banned

RE: Who's on the show tonight?
please kill off the split screen bladewave annoyed
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2009 16:46 by G@Z!.)
25-06-2009 16:45
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

My personal view on the split-screen thing (apart from hating it!) is that they're trying to maximise their income.

I'm sure the girls are indicating that they have no callers much more frequently than previously and there seem to be more frequent calls for viewers to phone in. They are now also increasingly organising phone contact between the girls themselves (at least twice last night). Would they be doing that if they had plenty of calls coming in? I think not.

I believe they could be losing out on two fronts: many Sky viewers probably stop calling whan the tame FV coverage begins and FV viewers are put off because by now most of them probably know they're getting a bum deal compared with Sky. Cellcast probably reckon that two phone girls equals twice the income. Unfortunately they don't seem to realise that it further degrades the viewing experience.

They are obviously conscious of the effect the FV taming has on their Sky viewers because in the lead-up to the FV period they are now actively encouraging viewers to call in before the show is tamed, a fact which they are now openly admitting. (I notice that a similar process is occurring on Partyland as they approach their 1am deadline.)

Whatever the reasons for the FV tame-down I believe their income is suffering because of it.
25-06-2009 20:17
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV