Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 2.87 Average

Split Screen

TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

RE: Split Screen
vila Wrote:....
SNIP
They are now also increasingly organising phone contact between the girls themselves (at least twice last night). Would they be doing that if they had plenty of calls coming in? I think not.
SNIP
Most of the money they take must be from people listening in rather than talking to the girls.
Even if a girl was talking to a caller all the time, it would only be £1.50 x 60 x5 for the freeview show. ie £450 max. The money must come from a larger number of listeners.
They probably think the listeners might prefer to hear 2 girls talking dirty rather than listening to some drunken idiot talking to a girl. I've heard some of Smc's recorded calls. Some of those callers were terrible. It depends what the listeners want. If they just want a laugh its ok. If its for sex, the 2 girls is probably a better bet.
25-06-2009 21:50
Find all posts by this user
m100 Away
Banned

Party people, party girls and now babestation on freeview do seem to attract their fair share of crap callers I've been behind so much rubbish that I've lost the will to ring them anymore (except toya and charlie). I think a lot of revenue comes from listeners plus waiting in the queue behind, 50% of the time at least, clowns - if they shag their wives, girlfriends (if they have them) with as little effort and imagination as they put into calling then god help them.

The split screen should be banned by the way and yes party people did used to be split screen most of the time.

would all those wishing to take part in today's round of multiple username bingo please note emails must be submitted before 5pm
25-06-2009 22:00
Sm© Away
すべてが言われて終わった後

I listen quite a bitWink I also try and talk, some nights it just doesnt happen, they could have three girls on the screen and you would still not get through.
The way i see it is, the split screen is purely to make more money, not to cater for more callers.
25-06-2009 22:09
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

TheWatcher Wrote:Most of the money they take must be from people listening in rather than talking to the girls.
Even if a girl was talking to a caller all the time, it would only be £1.50 x 60 x5 for the freeview show. ie £450 max. The money must come from a larger number of listeners.
They probably think the listeners might prefer to hear 2 girls talking dirty rather than listening to some drunken idiot talking to a girl. I've heard some of Smc's recorded calls. Some of those callers were terrible. It depends what the listeners want. If they just want a laugh its ok. If its for sex, the 2 girls is probably a better bet.
This is exactly my point. If there's a caller speaking to the phone girl there will be listeners to make the bulk of the money from. If there are no callers either speaking to or waiting to speak to the girls then something has to be created for the listeners to eavesdrop on - hence the girl/girl rig-ups.

I have to agree that some of the callers are truly abysmal but I find it hard to believe that genuine incoming calls would be blocked so that the internal girl/girl chat could take place. There's no way of knowing how good the incoming call might be until the caller starts talking. If they blocked calls just to put on the girl/girl stuff they might be blocking a really entertaining chat - they have no way of knowing in advance and I can’t see any commercial enterprise turning away paying customers in those uncertain circumstances.

smcgill1888 Wrote:The way i see it is, the split screen is purely to make more money, not to cater for more callers.
It does both. It makes more money by catering for more callers, or at least attracting more callers by offering more choice.
26-06-2009 06:36
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

They had 2 girls, each with a phone, on together last night without using the split screen at all.
A big improvement over the split screen, much more watchable.
26-06-2009 10:33
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV