gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

E-Cigarettes

Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

RE: E-Cigarettes
I'm guessing alot of people took that route then of believing (foolishly) they could control their smoking down to social events only.
I know I did, and for a time it worked but then the boat slowly got pushed out further as time went by and here we are today.
Oh well, onward and upward as they say and hopefully this time next year the fags will be a distant memory.
I'm looking forward to tasting food properly again with a little more bounce in my step! Smile
03-03-2014 01:05
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Well good luck mate, I'll be routing for you and hope that you also gain positive results by switching to the electronic cigarette, you still get the nicotine but none of the other horrible chemicals which is what gives you horrible diseases such as Lung Cancer and Emphysema which is not a way anybody should have to exit this world.

Nicotine has been proven to yes be additive but the chemical itself is not harmful or dangerous. I'd also like to say too in my defence that the E-Cigarette was not an option until only a few years ago, nicotine gum and patches never interested me. The great thing about the E-Cigarette is that you still get the sensation of smoking Smile

Also on the bonus side, I've hardly coughed at all today so it was very refreshing not to be getting up today with that smokers cough you normally get first thing when you wake up Big Grin
03-03-2014 01:23
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

In my experience, giving up the familiarity of smoking was more important than any addictiveness to a drug. I had been smoking for about 20 years, during which time I had smoked at least 20 per day, until I gave up in 2005. Since that night, I haven't had one single craving for a cigarette. I've never missed it or thought about smoking again, it's like the desire to smoke just left me. I know that this isn't most people's experience of quitting but I've always felt that it demonstrates that too much emphasis is put on 'nicotine dependancy' and not enough on the routine of smoking, which wouldn't be solved by mimicking the actions of smoking by using an E-cigarette.

In truth, it was those damn anti-smoking adverts that got to me, coupled with the ridiculous price of a packet [nearly £5 back then!] Everyone in life lies to themselves but smokers do it more than most. I see an awful lot of people trying to physically "stop" smoking before they've convinced themselves whether they want to or not, which rarely works. I won't go into the mental process I used to quit [mainly because it would sound a bit arrogant and preachy and might not work for anyone else!] but if anyone wants to hear it then I will explain.
03-03-2014 05:32
Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

Yes mate feel free to expand and elaborate on your thought process that helped click you into the quitting for good state of mind.
I totally and utterly agree with you on the habit based point of view, for me this is also my biggest enemy because I have set times when I smoke etc etc and these times will be the worst and hardest to crack.
I know people that have become addicted to nicotine aids now in replacement for fags, obviously that's the lesser of the two evils but surely that isn't the end goal? Well it isn't for me anyway.
03-03-2014 16:34
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

E-cig explodes while charging on a bar

09-04-2014 18:06
Billy_Nomates Offline
Senior Poster

My local newsagent are selling these E-Cigarettes at $4.99 each!!

If Governments were that really dedicated to stopping people smoking then they would tackle the entire culture of smoking. This would be done through education at all levels.

I have read that less people are smoking in the UK than they did 40 years ago. Btw, I have never smoked.
21-04-2014 13:28

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles