gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

E-Cigarettes

Scottishbloke Away
Banned

E-Cigarettes
Recently I've purchased an E-cigarette and it's certainly done wonders. To put it into context, I was smoking on average 15 cigarettes a day, now I have significantly cut that figure. Yesterday I only smoked 4 and today I've only had 2. Just wondering if anybody on this forum who happens to be a smoker like me has also tried this radical new change of habit.

The word which is now being used as opposed to smoking when inhaling the E-Cigarette is vaping. Also a bottle of good liquid is also really cheap too as I only paid £4 for mine.

My ultimate aim is to wean myself off cigarettes for good with the electronic one hopefully taking its place on a permanent basis. The bonus side about it is that legally you can vape away anywhere as a lot of public places are now more than happy to allow you to use it on their premises.

We still get a small minority of people opposing them as they think that it glamorises smoking and could lead to the real thing. I consider this talk to be nonsense as people should be congratulated for looking for a far safer option.

Your thoughts on this topic would be welcome, thanks Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 23:54 by Scottishbloke.)
02-03-2014 22:50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sweetsugar007 Offline
Big Ass Lover

RE: E-Cigarettes
Well I am one of those who absolutely despises people who smoke. I class vaping in the same bracket as having a nicotine patch or gum. If it helps get you off the real thing its got to be good.

The only thing i would say about the Vaping thing is that it is inconclusive so far as to the effects of inhaling pure nicotine. It has not been tested adequately enough to establish if there have been any health issues.

But would I let you light up one in my home. Yes I would is it better than experiencing smoke and secondhand smoke hell yeah and is it cheaper, all day long.

Spiderman,Spiderman,does whatever a Spider can!!!
02-03-2014 23:13
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

I am a non smoker but a couple of friends of mine have started using E-cigarettes and both say they have noticed a small reduction in how often they smoke which they hope can become a sustained and larger decrease in the course of time. Best wishes with cutting back, the long term health benefits will obviously be very significant.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 23:25 by Snooks.)
02-03-2014 23:25
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Well first and foremost thank you everybody for the feedback. Firstly yes it's not be proven whether or not E-Cigarettes are 100% safe but seeing as its only vaper that you blow out then its highly unlikely to cause anything in the same way that second hand smoking will do.

I've been a smoker now for 18 years so I am desperate to give this a shot. I want to succeed first and foremost because I do not want to end up with some nasty disease as a consequence of smoking. I've seen far too many people close to me at the mercy of the grim reaper and I've no intention of joining them.

Also purely from a financial side of things too I will save so much money. A packet of 20 is almost £8 now and is the only product to my knowledge that has increased so dramatically and not gone in line with inflation.

Every year the Government hammers smokers with the price rising more and more. Soon it'll be as much as a tenner for a packet of 20. This has also led into an increase in buying cheap fags on the black market which has been proven to be 20 times stronger and more damaging to your health than the regular over the counter ones.

As a smoker having an alternative option such as the electronic cigarette might just potentially turn out to be a life saver for me so that means that you will have to tolerate this forum member for many more years to come Wink
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 23:49 by Scottishbloke.)
02-03-2014 23:48
sweetsugar007 Offline
Big Ass Lover

Scottishbloke I for one would be happy to see you hanging around for many years to come. Better late than never I say.

I remember years ago working as a DJ in a club and coming home with clothes that smelled of smoke for months!! So imagine what my lungs were going through.

Great decision by the way. I salute you!!!!

Spiderman,Spiderman,does whatever a Spider can!!!
02-03-2014 23:51
feetlover1 Offline
Master Poster

I got one around Xmas time and in all honesty I've completely forgotten I have one, for some reason I've found it difficult to take the E Cig seriously, I just can't seem to stop buying baccy.

But then again, the way my life is right now I have a lot of time on my hands just to smoke away out of boredom. But depending on the hours I'm doing in my new job that starts in a few weeks may effect my smoking habbits, If I don't have many breaks then obviously my smoking will cut down and i'll probably start smoking electric more seriously. But lets see....
02-03-2014 23:55
Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

I'm about to do the same thing SB.
I've been thinking about this now for some time and simply not done anything about it, I'm also going to use the same method as you.
It's no easy task to stop, I've failed more times then I care to remember and also been smoking for a very similar time as yourself.
Good luck and I'll keep you posted once I'm set up and underway Smile
03-03-2014 00:03
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

(02-03-2014 23:55 )feetlover1 Wrote:  I got one around Xmas time and in all honesty I've completely forgotten I have one, for some reason I've found it difficult to take the E Cig seriously, I just can't seem to stop buying baccy.

Well one thing you might want to consider is the type of liquid you were using, it just might have been the case that it wasn't strong enough for you.

Yes smoking because of boredom is at the route of all smokers. I used to also like the fact that if you were in a crowd of people and nobody had anything to say that lighting up was a great way to break the tension, these days this option is no longer available but most reasonably minded pub owners won't oppose to you vaping away in their bar.

It's something you have to persevere with, I'm not going to lie to you, the temptation of lighting a real cigarette is right there in front of me as I have 2 packets sitting on the coffee table so it's a test of mental strength to see how long I can resist them for. I've put the ashtray away to make it less convenient for me, so far whenever I've had the urge I've just taken a draw of my E-Cigarette and the urge has quickly gone away.

Lets face it, if cigarettes were to appear for the very first time today with the knowledge we now have, not to mention the health warnings displayed on the packets would you in all honesty buy them, I know I wouldn't Important
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 00:11 by Scottishbloke.)
03-03-2014 00:07
Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

The problem was for me it was deemed cool to smoke when I started at a young age. I knew the risks but being young and invincible I didn't care because being part of the social team was more important Rolleyes
It's an old thought but if only I could see things back then as I do now, and that's not just smoking either.
Guess that's life, I've been fortunate enough to avoid much worse things available that was also common practice though, so if smoking was my hard lesson to learn I'll take that in comparison to some of the shit people I know have done/gotten in to.
03-03-2014 00:26
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Yes it's a common reason. Yes I also had full knowledge of the effects they might have but I only considered myself to be a social smoker, what a mistake that turned out to be.

I did it to be more grown up, I thought it made me look like a proper man and yes also if I'm being honest about it too, I also wanted to look cool but then it gets a hold of you, the reason I smoke now is because I'm addicted to them.

Statistically speaking Cigarettes are even more addictive than heroin. If truth be told the reasons why any government will never ever ban tobacco is because of the amount of money it brings into the economy. Officially they want you to stop. Unofficially they want you to carry on as they get richer and richer as a result of your habit.

To put it into context if the Government decided to make all packets of crisps £1 you'd stop buying them immediately but because it's cigarettes and the Government knows how addictive they are you have become a prisoner to the system and will pay anything for a packet of fags.

I sincerely hope that the Government doesn't decide to make the E-Cigarette the next target Important
03-03-2014 00:44

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles