Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Rating:
  • 150 Vote(s) - 3.07 Average

Babestation - General Chat & Discussion

bytor Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Babestation - General Chat & Discussion
(20-04-2013 06:24 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 17:48 )Tintin Wrote:  I'd love to know how the girl caller was still on with Lacey when i got kicked cause the max time is £30/20 mins & she was talking to Lacey before me so she should of been kicked 1st... if i could i would refuse to pay for that call.

Here's an interesting thought. If you were calling using the credit card service, rather than paying via your phone bill, could you claim it back from your card as a fraudulent transaction?

Doubt it, I know, but if you did complain the card company would surely have to investigate before they threw the claim out. Would Bs want that sort of attention?

The first thing to do whenever you have not received the service you expect to is to complain to the service provider-in this case BS themselves. You could try calling their custmer services and explain why you are aggrieved. They will not admit any scam but if you are lucky they will say it was a technical error on their part, apologise and possibly offer a refund. It has been known for them to refund callers in the past but don't build your hopes up.
If that gives you no joy you could complain to the regulator, Ofcom but that would not make you too popular with people in here Wink. Ofcom will not deal with individual complaints but they will check the level of complaints registered against a company to see if they are acting fairly towards their customers. If they notice a particular company is being complained about on a number of occasions they may well then investigate them. Obviously by doing this you may be responsible, in a roundabout sort of way for getting the shows censored further or even have worse penalties imposed, not just on BS but the rest of us!!
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2013 08:27 by bytor.)
20-04-2013 08:26
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(20-04-2013 08:26 )bytor Wrote:  If that gives you no joy you could complain to the regulator, Ofcom but that would not make you too popular with people in here Wink. Ofcom will not deal with individual complaints but they will check the level of complaints registered against a company to see if they are acting fairly towards their customers. If they notice a particular company is being complained about on a number of occasions they may well then investigate them. Obviously by doing this you may be responsible, in a roundabout sort of way for getting the shows censored further or even have worse penalties imposed, not just on BS but the rest of us!!

No, it's nothing to do with what's broadcast. The regulator in this case would be Trading Standards, I should think.
20-04-2013 09:39
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(20-04-2013 08:26 )bytor Wrote:  If that gives you no joy you could complain to the regulator, Ofcom but that would not make you too popular with people in here Wink. Ofcom will not deal with individual complaints but they will check the level of complaints registered against a company to see if they are acting fairly towards their customers. If they notice a particular company is being complained about on a number of occasions they may well then investigate them. Obviously by doing this you may be responsible, in a roundabout sort of way for getting the shows censored further or even have worse penalties imposed, not just on BS but the rest of us!!

No point complaining to Ofcom if this tactic is used on the BS Dutch owned and regulated TV channels, (Sky Ch 906, Freeview Ch 172, 173, 174,these channels are out of the UK regulators remit and they do not deal with/investigate complaints whatever they are that is made against them, you would have to complain to NICAM .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
20-04-2013 11:26
HannahsPet Online
Posting Machine

sure said somewhere that babeshows were classed as a shopping channel and Advertising Standards Agency had control but using ofcom to police them. surely the ASA could do something

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2013 07:20 by HannahsPet.)
21-04-2013 07:20
bytor Offline
Posting Machine

(20-04-2013 09:39 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  

No, it's nothing to do with what's broadcast. The regulator in this case would be Trading Standards, I should think.

Ah ok my years of working in legal matters and all that stuff that is written in our official national guidance must be incorrect. There are too many experts here who know more than little old me. Possibly time for a career change.

Just for the record our legal guidance states:

Ofcom is the telecommunications industry regulator. It makes sure all telecommunications companies (including phone, internet and TV) act fairly.

What Ofcom does:
Ofcom has various roles, including:
•offering advice to consumers
•monitoring the activity of service providers
•promoting competition between service providers
•ensuring service providers act fairly
•ensuring broadcasting is high quality and provides a broad range of programming
•monitoring and recording complaint levels.

Recording complaints

Ofcom doesn’t investigate individual complaints. However, it does monitor the levels of complaints against companies as a way of checking whether they are acting fairly towards customers. You can tell Ofcom about your complaint by completing its online complaint form or by telephoning the enquiry line. If one particular company seems to be causing concern for consumers, they may consider investigating them.
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2013 08:14 by bytor.)
21-04-2013 08:04
Not any more

Maybe so, but I still don't see how a complaint about the phone service would result in more screen censorship.
21-04-2013 08:53
bytor Offline
Posting Machine

(21-04-2013 08:53 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  Maybe so, but I still don't see how a complaint about the phone service would result in more screen censorship.

Ok nevermind. All I was doing was replying to a forum member with some legal guidance on what he could do. I'll mind my own business in future. If he feels strongly about something and needs guidance he can arrange to see someone at their professional workplace...at a price.
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2013 09:10 by bytor.)
21-04-2013 09:09
Not any more

Fair enough, that's helpful information. It was just this part of the legal guidance I was questioning.

(20-04-2013 08:26 )bytor Wrote:  Obviously by doing this you may be responsible, in a roundabout sort of way for getting the shows censored further or even have worse penalties imposed, not just on BS but the rest of us!!
21-04-2013 09:37
bytor Offline
Posting Machine

(21-04-2013 09:37 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  Fair enough, that's helpful information. It was just this part of the legal guidance I was questioning.

(20-04-2013 08:26 )bytor Wrote:  Obviously by doing this you may be responsible, in a roundabout sort of way for getting the shows censored further or even have worse penalties imposed, not just on BS but the rest of us!!

By saying 'obviously', I was making my own comment that was simply pointing out that there might be consequences in making an official complaint and that these should be considered prior to taking any action.
This really is not worth anymore effort. I was simply offering some helpful advice but it gets taken out of context and misinterpreted. Final word from me on this subject
21-04-2013 09:52
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(20-04-2013 09:39 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 08:26 )bytor Wrote:  If that gives you no joy you could complain to the regulator, Ofcom but that would not make you too popular with people in here Wink. Ofcom will not deal with individual complaints but they will check the level of complaints registered against a company to see if they are acting fairly towards their customers. If they notice a particular company is being complained about on a number of occasions they may well then investigate them.

The Silent Majority and bytor are both wrong. The industy regulator for premium rate telephone lines is PhonepayPlus, as has been posted in this forum a number of times before. Complaints to other organisations such as Ofcom as recommended by bytor and trading standards as suggested by The Silent Majority will only result in you being advised to contact the regulator PhonepayPlus.
21-04-2013 10:16

Click here to watch Babestation TV