Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do we have the right to criticise within reason - debate

Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Do we have the right to criticise within reason - debate
(22-12-2010 22:10 )Light Entertainment Wrote:  The biggest problem with the typical critic is that he or she is usually dishing up advice on something he/she has never done, and probably couldn't do even if he/she tried. Any criticism we make on this or any other forum should be made with that in mind.

I think experience of what we're criticising is completely irrelevant. As paying customers, we have every right to evaluate the service we've recieved. If a girl is rude, disinterested, chatting to someone on set, not moving around etc. then if you've spent your £1.50+ a minute, you've every right to say if you were left wanting by a lacklustre performance.

The only area that's touchy is criticising a girls looks or personality, as that's a very personal thing which can really hurt someone's feelings and possibly instill some self esteem issues, which from previous posts on this forum I feel have definitely had an effect on a certain girl who won't be named. Discussing her health issues, which I myself have voiced my concerns over in the past, is also a touchy subject as we only know what we see on screen. So although it's evident something isn't right with her, it's not really right for us to speculate.
22-12-2010 22:55
Find all posts by this user
chrislatimer Offline
Banned

i remember 1 case in particular a girl was unwell and was on one of the channels and some of the comments were pretty disgusting, that is a example of taking it to far.

but this forum needs a little criticising or it would be boring.
22-12-2010 23:00
tsurugi Offline
Banned

(22-12-2010 22:44 )chrislatimer Wrote:  
(22-12-2010 14:35 )Charlemagne Wrote:  Only the select few have the right to critise.

and i am one of them Wink

with all seriousness though lindor, theres a line between criticising for show performance or for attitude when responding on this forum, and theres taking it too far and getting personal which obivously aint right and some members have took it to far in the past and got personal (one comes to mind right away)

[Image: flounce2.jpg]

There is a fine line some people just don't know where the line is and just start insulting the girl in question. Fair enough having your say but when you keep banging on about the same thing over and over again it gets rather tiresome.
22-12-2010 23:00
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

of course you can criticise, its when it becomes needless namecalling and being personal it becomes an issue
22-12-2010 23:25
speedybert Away
Posting Machine

I have the right to criticise with reason and I will continue to do so.

Not suggesting for one minute that I expect everyone to agree with me but it's a forum and we are all faceless behind our keyboards and monitors and are entitled to our views.The minute any one tells me what I can and can't say within this forum is the minute that I leave.By that I mean that I don't make statements that I cannot back up or justify without a reasoned arguement.
I am quite able to make reasoned judgements and comments and also make judgements and reasoned assessments of other forum members statements and comments.

I am not alone in this view.Long may this continueBig Grin

If you can't say anything nice.....join the club!!
22-12-2010 23:27
JackGough Offline
Junior Poster

I've just read the thread in question and don't think you went over the line at all.

We are privileged here that the girls (some of them anyway) come here and interact with us (free) and I wouldn't want to discourage that in any way.

That said, we are the paying customer and we shouldn't have to walk on eggshells with regard to what we can or cannot say here.

My line of work is one which often receives public criticism when things go wrong, and I have no recourse to criticise those who I work with when I disagree with their point of view. I think the same should apply to the girls here - you either take the criticism if you think it is constructive or you ignore it and let it wash over you like water off a duck's back.

With that in mind, there is no need for personal insults or comments about someone's private life. But when it comes to appearance and performance (the 2 key components of any babe show) there should not be anything that is not up for discussion IMHO.
23-12-2010 03:06
lindor Offline
Beaver & Buttcheeks Fan

Thanks for that guys!

Some very interesting viewpoints there and all equally appreciated and respected. Obviously we all have different tastes in the girls' appearances etc and it's these very differences which enable so many widespread and varied topics to be aired on this Forum and thus makes it such a good forum to read/view/participate in.

I will take the advice and opinions of those above on board and will certainly take Light Entertainment's advice and imagine I am talking to the girl face-to-face before posting anything which may be deemed hurtful in future. Not that my intention was to be hurtful, mind.
24-12-2010 00:49
loulo12 Offline
Closed by request

You'd think so.

But I've noticed with this forum and with post I have made that freedom of speech only applies to a select few or if that speech agrees with whoever moderating the forums.

Examples. I have never made a post abusive nor rule braking. I mentioned that both Nigella Lawson and her mother married unattractive men, it was removed, no reason given. Next day, there was a post on the same thread saying the same thing, allowed to stay.

On another thread I said i thought Alison Mackenzie was better then her sister now, with no thought to Alison, on her own thread, (unless she had it removed), it was removed.

I've noticed this a lot. There was somebody immensely angry and abusive to another member and called them all sorts of names including swear, they wasn't removed or given a warning for this, but eventually when THEY had not got all their own way, THEY left.

Added to this a lot of people on here seem to think the models are untouchables and gang up and attack anybody who remotely says something that even could be conceived has negative; all hell breaks loose.

It's the main reason I no longer contribute that much.

I'm all for abiding by the forum rules and regulations, and not being offensive nor abusive to any body.

But a democracy this forum is not.
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2010 14:34 by loulo12.)
24-12-2010 01:54
Nigma Away
Master Poster

The question implies that anything critical said is directed specifically towards the girl in question as opposed to simply being an opinion shared that *may* also be read by the girl in question should she choose to.

Sharing an opinion with others is a far diffferent thing from directing critisism (or praise) specifically towards a certain girl (forum member).

Typically, people are simply discussing their opinions of shows/performances/girls with one another, not seeking to communicate specifically with whoever it is they're discussing. If I say to forum member X that I thought Girl Y's attitude has been lousy lately, I'm doing so to share said opinion with the other forum member, not trying to level advice or critisism at the girl or even posting with the intent of her seeing and paying attention to that opinion. If she happens to (or chooses to) read it then that's her choice and one which she always has the option to exercise at her own discretion if she doesn't like what is being said.

On the other hand, it's obvious some people do post with the sole intention of gaining a girl's attention. They are constantly consious that their post may be read by her and often go out of their way to direct their posts towards her and script their posting behaviour in such a way as to paint themselves in a certain light. They see the forum(s) as a means of communicating with the girls and post (positively or negatively) with that purpose in mind. In this regard negative comments made solely with the purpose of "calling out" or eliciting a response from a girl specifically aren't much different to making personal attacks on other members.

Basically, in the former it's just like having a conversation. You have every right to share opinions and not all opinions are going to be the stuff of warm hugs, fuzzy feelings, lollipops and rainbows. The girl has a choice whether she listens in or not and the fact that she may choose to listen is no reason to self-censor anything but praise.

In the latter case, you're creepy and wierd and trying to use a discussion board as indirect e-mail and/or a stage upon which to act out for a one girl audience. Critisism made in this way is like calling someone out in the middle of a crowded room and making a public display of your conversation with them. Not cool and kind of stalkerish whether your comments are positive or negative.

Edit: Damn that's a lot of text.

TLDR: Blah, Blah, Blah, Yes, No, eavesdropping, stalker fool!
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2010 11:35 by Nigma.)
24-12-2010 11:32
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

To express an opinion, wether positive, negative or indifferent, is the right of people in this country, and the values behind a successful forum such as this one.

As long as that feedback is offered in a constructive manner without being abusive or un-necessarily aggressive, it should be welcomed.

We cannot all agree on the same things all the time, but isn't that what makes a forum successful, that we have different views on things?

I obviously do not welcome abusive or bullying posts, and these have no place on this forum. As long as the feedback is delivered in a constructive manner, there should be no problem for us to express our opinions.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR APRIL: ARURA SKY
24-12-2010 13:50
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV