Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do we have the right to criticise within reason - debate

lindor Offline
Beaver & Buttcheeks Fan

Do we have the right to criticise within reason - debate
The other day I posted a reply on another thread on this site, where I implied that I much preferred a babe from one of the channels as she was in the past before she started err, shall we say, collecting art amongst other things. I was criticised for expressing this opinion and felt, with hindsight, that I may indeed have upset the lady in question with my comments and so retracted them as I genuinely didn't mean to cause her offence.

I do feel, however, that there is the need for a debate so as to try and determine how far we can go with what might be deemed to be criticisms without being censored by the moderators.

I feel that the babes, like footballers, pop stars and other celebrities, by putting themselves on television, thereby leave themselves open to discussion - some of which might be perceived as negative. They are well paid for their work, enjoy the perks of celebrity and are not as naiive or innocent as they might like to portray, so surely if the people who thrust these priveleges and benefits upon these ladies - ie the media companies and ultimately US the viewers/callers/website subscribers - see fit to pass negative comments then we should - within reason - be allowed to do so.

I would suggest a no-names rule on this thread, merely an intelligent - and hey, there certainly are a fair few on this forum who actually engage their brains from my perusals of these threads - discussion where like-minded and opposite views can be exchanged to determine what can and cannot be said.

PS I only wished to express a concern for the general health of the babe in question and am genuinely surprised that so few other members seem to share my concerns.

Anyway, hopefully that's set the ball rolling...
22-12-2010 00:33
Find all posts by this user
bobek Offline
Banned

RE: Do we have the right to criticise within reason - debate
I don't think it takes a Genius to figure out who you're talking about.

That particular discussion has been done to death on here and at times some of the terms used have been unkind to say the least. That, i suspect is the reason you caught a bit of flak.
22-12-2010 00:44
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

I think it's fine to air your views as long as you are tactful about it. I think criticising someone's looks gets into dangerous territory and perhaps isn't necessary, as if you don't like the way a babe channel girl looks there's surely no point visiting their thread and posting about them?

I think if we call in, we're perfectly within our rights to criticise performance as we are paying a lot of money to talk to these girls so the girls should be providing a top service, that includes their performance on screen and on the phones. If you don't call, you don't have quite the same right to criticise as these channels are for calling first and foremost.

Of course, this is a forum and people can say whatever they like and I don't see the problem in criticising girls performance and the quality of the channels, as they are there for all to see. Criticising someone's looks isn't very nice in my opinion, even if they are a model on TV.
22-12-2010 14:28
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

If it is constructive criticism and not abuse then I don't see why it shouldn't be posted.
22-12-2010 14:33
Charlemagne Offline

Only the select few have the right to critise.
22-12-2010 14:35
lindor Offline
Beaver & Buttcheeks Fan

(22-12-2010 14:35 )Charlemagne Wrote:  Only the select few have the right to critise.

By that, I presume you mean those who pay to call these girls and may be dissatisfied with their performance. I think that's pretty fair comment.

Bobek - I do indeed think we are talking about the same person, and reference was made to the fact that this topic had been done to death.

Thanks lads!
22-12-2010 21:16
Light Entertainment Offline
Senior Poster

The biggest problem with the typical critic is that he or she is usually dishing up advice on something he/she has never done, and probably couldn't do even if he/she tried. Any criticism we make on this or any other forum should be made with that in mind.

I also think there's a difference between providing an opinion which someone can regard as market research and use to improve a show or act, and criticising something which is basically irreversible or unchangeable, as this can achieve nothing other than to instill regret in an individual.

One good way to self-moderate personal comments, I think, is to imagine you're speaking to the girl face-to-face. I imagine there'd be very few people who'd stand face to face with the girl saying: "Don't like your new hair, don't like your outfit - didn't think your performance was up to much last night…". Indeed, looking back through various threads it's quite amusing to see how the general demeanour toward a model can change from a string of snide digs, to a barrage of accolades, at the precise point the girl herself arrives on the forum. It's not always the case, but it's fair to observe it as a trend.

I don't think "perks of celebrity" exist at any significant level when it comes to babe channel girls. In fact I think the stigma attached to the genre often has the opposite effect. I remember one girl (in keeping with lindor's intro I won't say who) presenting on BS Xtra, and filling time with a 'what I did today'. She was saying that a repair guy or a tradesman of some kind had been doing some work for her. As I recall, she'd told him she worked on Babestation, noted his rather muted reaction, and then, to preserve his interest or save her embarrassment, falsely made out that she only worked on the day shows. I think that's the reality of celebrity in the world of adult entertainment. The girls certainly aren't publicly lauded in the way footballers or pop stars are. They shouldn't be exempt from criticism, but the career path they've chosen should make us think more carefully before criticising them – not be a mitigation for giving criticism more freely.

The possible health issue lindor alludes to in his opening post is tricky, and I think it must have created a dilemma for a lot of members, not to mention moderators. I don't want to be saying a girl looks great when it risks condoning or supporting an image which could threaten her health. But I don't want to be saying she doesn't look good when she clearly cares so intensely about how she looks and is naturally a very beautiful girl. In the end I reached the conclusion that anything which genuinely is a health issue is a matter for someone medically trained, and that certainly doesn't include me. But my personal view is that it's as wrong to be saying someone looks perfectly healthy when you really don't believe they do, as it is to be pronouncing ill-informed judgement on someone in a sensitive situation.
22-12-2010 22:10
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

I am and always have been, in favour of constructive discussion. Advice / help offered in the right way, can be a blessing. We won't always share the same opinions on things, and thats the way a forum should be. As long as things don't get abusive, as that is unnecessary. I'm sure we can all have a discussion containing differing opinions.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR APRIL: ARURA SKY
22-12-2010 22:24
Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

Sometimes it can feel as though the aim of an argument discussion on a particular girl is simply to change the opinion of others.
Actually, it doesn't happen very much on here - most other discussion/blog sites I've been onto have a higher incidence of out-and-out head-butting and flame wars, but one does expect a smidge of disagreement from a few forum members if posting a view that is at odds with the popular view. It's when one bites back that the issue can become really personal as poster attacks poster's view - not merely disagrees with...
Personally I'm inclined to agree that any personal attack on a model is unsuitable on this forum.
We may run the risk of being labelled as sycophantic, but I'd rather see positive comments and what we generically refer to as 'constructive criticism'... though it's often hard to define the latter precisely, which can lead to serious disagreement.
I guess that's what this thread's about, so I'm very glad to have been unable to help at all.

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
22-12-2010 22:43
chrislatimer Offline
Banned

(22-12-2010 14:35 )Charlemagne Wrote:  Only the select few have the right to critise.

and i am one of them Wink

with all seriousness though lindor, theres a line between criticising for show performance or for attitude when responding on this forum, and theres taking it too far and getting personal which obivously aint right and some members have took it to far in the past and got personal (one comes to mind right away)
22-12-2010 22:44
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV