Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Price increase on calls?

Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

RE: Price increase on calls?
As a lot of the mobile calls went in at around a pound a minute, maybe that wouldn't have been enough, but they could certainly have looked at the classic retail strategy of being about 5p cheaper than anyone else.

I accept they couldn't stay as cheap as they were forever, but I also concur that they had an opportunity to come up nearer the standard rate and yet still sneak in under the radar so to speak. I rather suspect that the client base is now large enough and firmly established such that this will not greatly affect their business' call-rate in the long-run.

PLUS they've had the calls piling in at the old rate to the point where they've been able to hire plenty of talent and now they're in a strong position - higher profits could well equal better set design when the budget permits. I hope?

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
13-12-2010 02:30
Find all posts by this user
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(12-12-2010 22:05 )MeTarzan Wrote:  
(12-12-2010 19:07 )mr mystery Wrote:  
(12-12-2010 10:27 )Dominar Rygel XVI Wrote:  
(11-12-2010 22:36 )KRISB Wrote:  I have a strong suspicion that the decision to double the price of calls on one channel and more than triple those on 2 more was forced on
TVX by those Jeremies(Naughtie rhyming slang) at OFCOM

ofcom don't have any powers like that, premium rate telephone services are regulated by payfone plus
I saw it posted some were on this forum that Ofcom can get involved if a channel is seriously undercutting other channels in regards call costs , especially if the channel is doing it just to take calls away from other company's and is in fact not making money itself from the the cheap rate calls , can't remember were it was but some thing like that was definitely posted on this forum .

Can't see why that would be OFCOM's business or why they would want to prevent price competition in this market - seems it could use some.

Every other sector of digital, print, etc. media is subject to the most intense price competition and has been for some time - why should these channels be any different and why would OFCOM intervene?

Makes no sense to me at all.
No it doesn't make any sense to me either , but some one gave a direct link to what Ofcom say about premium rate phone channels seriously under cutting their rivals to such a extent that they don't make much money in doing so (ofcom don't allow it), i think it was posted a few months ago in one of the Ofcom sections of this forum .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2010 12:45 by mr mystery.)
13-12-2010 12:42
speedybert Away
Posting Machine

Is the arrival of Emily Dean really worth a price increase to £1.50?

Or am I just being cynical about a pure coincidenceRolleyesRolleyesRolleyes

If you can't say anything nice.....join the club!!
13-12-2010 16:21
Rammyrascal Online
Team Thicc

dont know but ive noticed since tvx have upped their call charges to be the same as the other channels they have started doing lots of 241's on the shows. last night there was ani james and sarah-louise and also tia and siobhan. hope tvx carry on this

Piper Niven Superfan
13-12-2010 16:36
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Of course since Desmond bought Five, Ofcom have had a lot more leverege over him. If he is declared an "unfit person" he would have to dispose of Five or, almost as bad, let someone else run it and stay away.

So he might be more inclinced to play safe and do what they say.

Or he could be a Jeremy and play high stakes poker. Push the boundaries on babe channels while pumping money into worthy causes on Five. "Go on, I dare you, take me down and the Five goes too."

Scared or too big to fail?

Gone fishing
15-12-2010 00:52
chrismelody Offline
Apprentice Poster

(11-12-2010 02:19 )Chilly Wrote:  Yep, now the standard £1.50 a minute on all their channels. Sad
I reckon Babestation have a bit of a stranglehold on the Freeview market and don't like competition that is cheaper or has more variety.They chased TMTV off the screens and probably have TVX in their sites right now.What happened to competition.Plenty of good small channels have gone because Babestation can't handle competition and simply has them disappeared a bit like people in South America who disagree with their government.
15-12-2010 01:22
pilsnerdrinker Offline
Pint please

Dirty Talk is still a lower rate 35p or 60p from mobile. I wonder how long it will stay.

Katie Banks fan
16-12-2010 00:44
iloveMegan Offline
And Rebecca Jade

(16-12-2010 00:44 )pilsnerdrinker Wrote:  Dirty Talk is still a lower rate 35p or 60p from mobile. I wonder how long it will stay.

Are you sure? The OSGs only have "89021" advertised at £1.50 per minute. Are you speaking from experience (i.e. the OSGs have it wrong), or are you still using the old "89051" number (i.e. their system hasn't been fully updated).

Also, sorry if it sounds like I'm accussing you of something, I'm genuinely interested Cool

"You are rude" - Michelle Thorne
"haha ilM you sick bastard" - Rev Tsu

This is the internet! How else can I communicate with you other than from behind my computer screen?
16-12-2010 01:02
mrichie10 Away
Banned

i'm totally amazed it's a business where money needs to be made, unfortunately viewers opinions don't matter where money is concern. 2-4-1 on ere i aint seen any?? Two ladies shaing a set isn't 2-4-1!!
16-12-2010 06:33
pilsnerdrinker Offline
Pint please

(16-12-2010 01:02 )iloveMegan Wrote:  
(16-12-2010 00:44 )pilsnerdrinker Wrote:  Dirty Talk is still a lower rate 35p or 60p from mobile. I wonder how long it will stay.

Are you sure? The OSGs only have "89021" advertised at £1.50 per minute. Are you speaking from experience (i.e. the OSGs have it wrong), or are you still using the old "89051" number (i.e. their system hasn't been fully updated).

Also, sorry if it sounds like I'm accussing you of something, I'm genuinely interested Cool
The 89051 number still says 60p on the webstream.
"Calls to 89051 cost £60p/min, 65p/min O2."

Katie Banks fan
16-12-2010 14:38
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV