Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Price increase on calls?

jjay Offline
Junior Poster

Price increase on calls?
Is it just me or have calls gone up to £1.50 per minute for these channels now?

One of the great things about them were the cheaper calls, think I prefer Babestation now Sad
11-12-2010 02:12
Find all posts by this user
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

RE: Price increase on calls?
Yep, now the standard £1.50 a minute on all their channels. Sad
11-12-2010 02:19
2Bud Offline
Liverpool FC

I think this will result in them losing a lot of callers.

My Favourite Babes: Ella, Adele, Cali, Dionne, Sophia

Liverpool FC
11-12-2010 02:22
jjay Offline
Junior Poster

(11-12-2010 02:22 )2Bud Wrote:  I think this will result in them losing a lot of callers.

Me being one of them. Sad(
11-12-2010 03:16
iloveMegan Offline
And Rebecca Jade

And me, one of the best things about the TVX channels was the much cheaper call rate. They aren't quite as good to watch as other channels due to the tameness and basic sets, but the cheap calls made up for it. No longer, it would seem Sad

"You are rude" - Michelle Thorne
"haha ilM you sick bastard" - Rev Tsu

This is the internet! How else can I communicate with you other than from behind my computer screen?
11-12-2010 03:52
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

(11-12-2010 02:12 )jjay Wrote:  Is it just me or have calls gone up to £1.50 per minute for these channels now?

One of the great things about them were the cheaper calls, think I prefer Babestation now Sad

can understand why, your upset about tvx stopping cheap calls, but they are a business and need to make money. no need to go off them just because they have stopped cheap calls. might still do it on a regular basis

Piper Niven Superfan
11-12-2010 10:47
iloveMegan Offline
And Rebecca Jade

The daytime shows have had a price increase too. I remember Lexi telling me a while ago that they tried raising the price to 75p per minute but had to lower them again as no-one called in. Will be interesting to see how this increase affects their call stats.

"You are rude" - Michelle Thorne
"haha ilM you sick bastard" - Rev Tsu

This is the internet! How else can I communicate with you other than from behind my computer screen?
11-12-2010 14:19
KRISB Offline
Senior Poster

I have a strong suspicion that the decision to double the price of calls on one channel and more than triple those on 2 more was forced on
TVX by those Jeremies(Naughtie rhyming slang) at OFCOM as part of their campaign against the Babe Channels.

BRING THE SUMMER OF 2010 BACK TO THE BABECHANNELS!!!
11-12-2010 22:36
dominar rygel xvi Offline
Master Poster

(11-12-2010 22:36 )KRISB Wrote:  I have a strong suspicion that the decision to double the price of calls on one channel and more than triple those on 2 more was forced on
TVX by those Jeremies(Naughtie rhyming slang) at OFCOM

ofcom don't have any powers like that, premium rate telephone services are regulated by payfone plus
12-12-2010 10:27
MeTarzan Offline
Holly McGuire lives in my Tree

Don't know how price regulation works on these channels, but - if it's TVX's decision to raise the price - it seems odd to me.

Surely the economics of these channels is similar to - say - airlines: an empty seat is lost revenue. Ditto with minutes - everyone minute that passes without a caller/evesdropper is lost revenue.

Especially with the less well-known channels (e.g. 908 and 911), the girls seem to spend a lot of the time with no caller.

I guess the channel's accountants can easily determine the aggregate revenues from a flat £1.50 per min prices versus variable (cheaper) rates at certain times of the day. I assumed this is what TVX had done and decided it made sense to reduce prices depending on the time of day and presenter.

I could understand if they gradually increased prices - but don't get why they would simply jump to the industry norm of £1.50 (unless someone compelled them to do so)?

Any ideas anyone?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.
...Homer J. Simpson
12-12-2010 10:39
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV