Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Price increase on calls?

Ree's No.1 fan Offline
But not exclusively

RE: Price increase on calls?
I noticed the increase in the cost of calls. It could be that with shows on Freeview the powers that be feel that they can be part of the £1.50 cartel given the greater pool of potential callers?

Not too long ago there was Live 960 with their variable call rates, Cellcast's Partyland was half price at 75p for quite a while and you had the TVX channels at 35,45,50 & 75p. The days of price competition seem to be over...but it could well be a wise move for at least one smaller channel to cut prices to generate extra calls.

TVX are a business, performers seem to be reasonably happy and I'm sure this is a strategic decision but expect a lot more phone waving in the future!

TVX has a great roster of performers but the shows are rather static and basic

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ree Petra was very dirty...but also very clean!
12-12-2010 17:37
Find all posts by this user
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

They need the extra cash as it's written into LDM's contract that TVX must supply her with anti ageing cream
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2010 18:39 by gazfc.)
12-12-2010 18:35
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
bobek Offline
Banned

VAT goes to 20% in January. This won't be the last price rise you see....
12-12-2010 18:37
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(12-12-2010 10:27 )Dominar Rygel XVI Wrote:  
(11-12-2010 22:36 )KRISB Wrote:  I have a strong suspicion that the decision to double the price of calls on one channel and more than triple those on 2 more was forced on
TVX by those Jeremies(Naughtie rhyming slang) at OFCOM

ofcom don't have any powers like that, premium rate telephone services are regulated by payfone plus
I saw it posted some were on this forum that Ofcom can get involved if a channel is seriously undercutting other channels in regards call costs , especially if the channel is doing it just to take calls away from other company's and is in fact not making money itself from the the cheap rate calls , can't remember were it was but some thing like that was definitely posted on this forum .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
12-12-2010 19:07
MeTarzan Offline
Holly McGuire lives in my Tree

(12-12-2010 19:07 )mr mystery Wrote:  
(12-12-2010 10:27 )Dominar Rygel XVI Wrote:  
(11-12-2010 22:36 )KRISB Wrote:  I have a strong suspicion that the decision to double the price of calls on one channel and more than triple those on 2 more was forced on
TVX by those Jeremies(Naughtie rhyming slang) at OFCOM

ofcom don't have any powers like that, premium rate telephone services are regulated by payfone plus
I saw it posted some were on this forum that Ofcom can get involved if a channel is seriously undercutting other channels in regards call costs , especially if the channel is doing it just to take calls away from other company's and is in fact not making money itself from the the cheap rate calls , can't remember were it was but some thing like that was definitely posted on this forum .

Can't see why that would be OFCOM's business or why they would want to prevent price competition in this market - seems it could use some.

Every other sector of digital, print, etc. media is subject to the most intense price competition and has been for some time - why should these channels be any different and why would OFCOM intervene?

Makes no sense to me at all.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.
...Homer J. Simpson
12-12-2010 22:05
stingersplash Offline
Senior Poster

thats a shame is they are back to £1.50 - i would never ring anyone for that. i would do 2 or 3 calls a week when 35p a minute, listen in for 5 mins was all good.
12-12-2010 22:12
Ree's No.1 fan Offline
But not exclusively

Seems to be a lot more phone shaking than normal - strained wrists all round!laugh

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ree Petra was very dirty...but also very clean!
12-12-2010 23:15
MeTarzan Offline
Holly McGuire lives in my Tree

(12-12-2010 23:15 )Rees No.1 fan Wrote:  Seems to be a lot more phone shaking than normal - strained wrists all round!laugh

Yeah, perhaps they should mix cocktails as a sideline...

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.
...Homer J. Simpson
12-12-2010 23:18
Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

Only Tia seems to be waving it about - the phone, that is.....
What a shame - If I had just a little more in the way of funds (being the oddly-proud owner of a P'nG loser-fone) I'd be giving her a call right now.
These are sad times; maybe when we call in we should simply assert (in a gruff, dim voice) "Do's a deal, mate?"....'mate'?!Huh

No sooner said than 'on'...the delectable Tia is now busy, as are Sarah-Louise and Siobhan. Okay then.

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2010 01:49 by Krill Liberator.)
13-12-2010 01:47
eyesonly4u Offline
Banned

Surely they could have stopped the increase at say £1 a min that way they still would have been better value than the other channels! Instead they priced themselves onto a level with the bigger channels like elite who have more money to spend on production. I hope they will re think this price hike as if like we all expect they will lose alot of customers
13-12-2010 01:54
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV