Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

marlowe Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
(08-04-2020 02:18 )Chrisst Wrote:  How can it be that ALL of them have only 480p

The girls don't all have the same quality. Just as one example, watching in the last few hours, there was a big difference between Brooks who came on at 4:00 with a lesser picture than Jada and Charmaine who had been broadcasting through the night.
08-04-2020 06:50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

As ooupa has stated there are a few variables in this. There's bandwidth at the babe's end and server capacities as 66 re-stream for instance. And who would bet against 66 trying to do this all on the cheap? Admittedly, the fact that some of their babes can, at times, get decent streaming quality suggests its a weakest point and compound problem to me (an admitted layman). If use of the system (babes and/or punters) is at its highest there may be an issue, if a babe has a weakness (e.g. poor broadband) or slight incompatibility in her set up there always will be for her (e.g. 830 will tell you he found reviews for Eve's webcam above that complain of its poor auto focusing - could that be contributing to the sometimes smeary output on her stream?).

With better capacities their end, as well as with top notch compression, standardised hard and softwares, etc., we'd likely see more consistency. At the mo it seems a hodge podge. In general, the system seems compromised and prone to over-strain... as well as being flaky its website programming!

As Barrie has said there seems to be a deliberate 'dialling down' of settings going on to compensate and fudge things, playing to the lowest common denominator with the crappiest components catered for - including at the punters' end. They presumably want every guy that wants to to be able to get some kind of moving picture rather than odd still frames of quality. With only hundreds viewing (e.g. Evelyn reported a top number for her of around 300 a little while back) compared to 4 figures on CB or MFC, they can't really afford to have payers missing out; they'd complain like buggery if others could get a stream while they couldn't and, of course, they are never going to shell out if they can't connect. Whereas poor picture quality, while clearly irritating to many customers, can be more easily underestimated in its impact on spending. No doubt 66 hope this lesser standard will become accepted as the norm as we go on. We should insist otherwise.

EDIT TO ADD: Gallery has acknowledged there's an issue on chat this morning. So they aware and claiming to be making changes as as a result (perv feed was removed in this case) tbf.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020 09:55 by ShandyHand.)
08-04-2020 09:32
Chrisst Offline
Posting Machine

(08-04-2020 06:50 )marlowe Wrote:  
(08-04-2020 02:18 )Chrisst Wrote:  How can it be that ALL of them have only 480p

The girls don't all have the same quality. Just as one example, watching in the last few hours, there was a big difference between Brooks who came on at 4:00 with a lesser picture than Jada and Charmaine who had been broadcasting through the night.

I think there's just a few pixels in it.
I think strong colours create the illusion of a better picture. in Charmaine's Heart case there's those red cushions.
If I turn down the brilliance it looks better too.

The best conclusions I can draw is:
1. That S66 have provided lower spec' equipment since this'll be temporary.
2. S66 have selected a lower resolution because that's better than buffering.
3. ooupa's Cool remark: 'it's down to how firecall's software handles those feeds'.

One thing's for sure. The quality of Studio 66's studio picture is a pleasure to view (Irrespective of the suhject Big Grin)
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020 21:31 by Chrisst.)
08-04-2020 10:00
Scots Napoleon Offline
Senior Poster

(08-04-2020 10:00 )Chrisst Wrote:  1. That S66 have provided lower spec' equipmwnt since this'll be temporary.

Provided to who, the girls? The other day Emilie Rae was talking about working from home, saying she had to use her laptop, her webcam and her electricity and was given nothing by S66. Or do you mean provided somewhere else, like the studio?
08-04-2020 11:47
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

^ Some babes (the top earners?) have certainly been provided with equipment for home use by 66. This info has been relayed to their regular callers.

The idea that equipment should be considered, across the board, as for a limited lifespan is silly if true IMO. The future of the shows is surely going to be at least partly from the babe's homes

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020 11:58 by ShandyHand.)
08-04-2020 11:57
ooupa Offline
Junior Poster

(08-04-2020 11:57 )ShandyHand Wrote:  ^ Some babes (the top earners?) have certainly been provided with equipment for home use by 66. This info has been relayed to their regular callers.

The idea that equipment should be considered, across the board, as for a limited lifespan is silly if true IMO. The future of the shows is surely going to be at least partly from the babe's homes

Yes, Fern for one commented that when she told them a while back that she didn't have lights to do a stream from home, they sent lights out to her in a taxi. Albeit a temporary loan (she was back at the studio the next week) it shows they will lend some of the girls equipment. Similarly before Lola said she was taking a break from TV (on her twitter) when people were commenting about her feed breaking up she said they were sending her equipment to help sort out the problems.
09-04-2020 00:46
Charlemagne Offline

I wish all the girls who are working from home would get their lighting sorted.
I'm seeing too many shows where there is a lot of background lights, and this causes the girls to appear in silhouette.

09-04-2020 12:15
babesintoyland Offline
Apprentice Poster

reminds me of Storm Tv maybe we should start calling it Storm 66
09-04-2020 12:48
icy12 Offline
Banned

Great to see Evelyn, but by christ has she got really boring...
09-04-2020 19:30
Stemmw Offline
Beebo. Want. Cuddles

(08-04-2020 00:40 )snookered Wrote:  Yep it isn't exactly stirring the senses or any degree of imagination on S66 at present.
Shame. Oh well Huh

Yeah and the one performer they have who could have brought some imagination to the fore, Lola, is on a break from tv. Shows how lacking S66 are, but that's not really a new scenario, they had the same lack of imagination when they were running shows from the studio.

Although it's not without positives, i think Jada, Ella and Serenity have been very good from home, Buffy was on tv for (I believe) the first time last night and she had quite a good show too, her cam was excellent from what I saw, the best quality cam so far, hope Buffy's on tv more as she was one of my favourites when she was on XP.

"If nothing we do matters ..... , then all that matters is what we do"
"Reason is not automatic, those who deny it cannot be conquered by it"
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes"
09-04-2020 20:20