Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

Dec214 Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
(09-04-2019 17:00 )GreenMachine Wrote:  How strange it is the DAYTIME that gets them into trouble with OfCom and not the nights, which means they could get away with more then. I read some of that and it sounds like the ridiculous charges that a policeman Constable Savage levels at a black gentleman in Not the Nine O'Clock News...such as "looking at me in a funny way" and "wearing a loud shirt in a built-up area" I see "a presenter, wearing a low-cut dress, exposed her left breast and nipple for approximately eight seconds" and "the presenters were repeatedly rocking and stroking their buttocks in a sexually suggestive manner." I mean it's hardly likely to corrupt the young or other demographic is it? Surely it is the producers' that need to tell their presenters not to do this sort of thing - unless some of these girls are complete dimwits(which I very much doubt) laugh

It must be the same person that complains all the time if they get in breach with Ofcom again, Ofcom will fine them.
09-04-2019 22:52
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

^ Cool, let's mention it over and over again so that we get shit tame shows. Good idea!

AKA Lara Croft
09-04-2019 23:12
covkid Offline
Master Poster

Another embarrassing night for S66. Reed doing a non tease show on 2 channels,and,what is happening at Midnight is anybody's guess. It must surely be time the channel is put out of it's misery.
09-04-2019 23:13
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

^^
Becky B has taken over from reed

Piper Niven Superfan
10-04-2019 00:03
Roger Patterson Offline
Senior Poster

Wahey, Rebecca Kelly on at 3:00!! What an awesome surprise that is.
10-04-2019 03:25
7 stars of the orient Offline
Posting Machine

It turned out to be a pretty good night in the end. Is Brooklyn Blue a regular now? I hope so.
10-04-2019 05:18
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

(09-04-2019 22:52 )Dec214 Wrote:  
(09-04-2019 17:00 )GreenMachine Wrote:  How strange it is the DAYTIME that gets them into trouble with OfCom and not the nights, which means they could get away with more then. I read some of that and it sounds like the ridiculous charges that a policeman Constable Savage levels at a black gentleman in Not the Nine O'Clock News...such as "looking at me in a funny way" and "wearing a loud shirt in a built-up area" I see "a presenter, wearing a low-cut dress, exposed her left breast and nipple for approximately eight seconds" and "the presenters were repeatedly rocking and stroking their buttocks in a sexually suggestive manner." I mean it's hardly likely to corrupt the young or other demographic is it? Surely it is the producers' that need to tell their presenters not to do this sort of thing - unless some of these girls are complete dimwits(which I very much doubt) laugh

It must be the same person that complains all the time if they get in breach with Ofcom again, Ofcom will fine them.

I hope whoever it is who is complaining is not a regular on this forum

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
10-04-2019 09:38
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

^^ it doesn't mean anyone has complained as ofcom do monitor channels them selves , and can and do an internal complaint process,
Honestly I have very little sympathy when ever 66 gets in trouble as my mind always goes back to all the times they grassed up other channels to ofcom in the past so always feels like karma,

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
10-04-2019 11:22
BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

(10-04-2019 11:22 )winsaw Wrote:  ^^ it doesn't mean anyone has complained as ofcom do monitor channels them selves

It says in that Ofcom bulletin that someone did complain.
10-04-2019 11:57
Wardjackson Offline
Senior Poster

When I first saw the Ofsted judgement, my reaction was a sad shake of the head, and a question about why people who obviously have some intelligence and life experience should spend their time on something so trivial. However, on reflection, I now feel quite angry about it.

We are told that we live in a free society. To me, this means that we can say and do what we want unless there is evidence that our words and deeds are harmful to ourselves or others, or, in the judgement of sensible citizens, it is likely that they would cause such harm. This seems totally acceptable to me. So where is the harm here? If someone sees Emma Cobb’s nipple at breakfast time, will they be unable to concentrate at work or school? Will groups of teenagers, having watched Fernanda on a Saturday afternoon, congregate at bus stops before roaring round the town with raging erections like 21st century Vikings? What we have here is the kind of authoritarian and unjustified censorship with has tended to be associated with illiberal regimes of the far right and far left.

I visit friends in Denmark every year. When I show them the Ofsted judgement, their reaction is likely to be a combination of astonishment and hilarity. They will probably point out that they have a more liberal attitude to nudity and sexuality, and, it would seem, considerably fewer sex crimes.

I wish I could come up with a way forward. Petitions are unlikely to work, and I do not think that we have politicians brave enough to point out the nonsense of this situation. Any ideas?
10-04-2019 12:00