Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.89 Average

Babestation : Freeview vs Sky

bytor Offline
Posting Machine

[split] Babestation - General Chat & Discussion
While the moans between Freeviewers and sky subcribers bears no real animosity there is obviously some understandable jealousy from freeviewers.
However, Sky subscribers have every right to feel aggrieved too. The shows were originally Sky only and it must not be forgotten that we pay for this. Because there were fewer Sky viewers it was much easier to get through to the girl of your choice. The shows were better produced and the interactive content was much better. We still moaned about the advertising even then, but that was simply regarding the banner at the bottom of the screen-seems quite trivial now!
The fact is the shows should have exactly the same simultaneous content; starting and finishing at the same time. I am guessing this has something to do with the channel licensing among other things. The over zealous censorship baffles me-I mean we are not talking anything that cannot be seen on page 3 and if you want access to adult content such as calling or subscribing to Xtreme then you have to pay for those services, so that should automatically preclude junior from anything overtly adult.
25-09-2011 08:58
Find all posts by this user
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

RE: Babestation - General Chat & Discussion
(25-09-2011 08:58 )bytor Wrote:  Sky subscribers have every right to feel aggrieved too. The shows were originally Sky only and it must not be forgotten that we pay for this.

Pay for it how? As far as I'm aware the babe-channels are free to air on sky, same as freeview. Unless, of course, you bought a sky subscription solely to be able to receive the babe-channels and never watch anything else on sky, ever.
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 10:06 by The Silent Majority.)
25-09-2011 09:46
HannahsPet Online
Posting Machine

(25-09-2011 09:46 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  
(25-09-2011 08:58 )bytor Wrote:  Sky subscribers have every right to feel aggrieved too. The shows were originally Sky only and it must not be forgotten that we pay for this.

Pay for it how? As far as I'm aware the babe-channels are free to air on sky, same as freeview. Unless, of course, you bought a sky subscription solely to be able to receive the babe-channels and never watch anything else on sky, ever.

It is free to air but you need a sat dish and receiver which isnt cheap most sky viewers will get it as a package which is fromabout 20 quid a month which is on top of the Licence fee

Sure most Sky viewers see themselves as say like the hardcore fans of a football teams who where there at the beginning when they were in championship or league 1 and freeviewers as the glory hunters who joined when the club got sucessful but who still moan about everything when its not going there way laughlaughlaugh

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
25-09-2011 10:56
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

As I understand it, you don't need a Sky subscription, just a Sky box, and you can get them for next to nothing off eBay. Viewers using Freeview, Freesat or a non-dedicated satbox are the only ones who actually have ro pay anything substantial as they all have to buy their own equipment. Although there are some pretty cheap FV boxes you have to shell out a bit for anything decent. Sky boxes are free to anyone paying a Sky subscription, which as you say doesn't include any element for the babe channels, which are free-to-air. Installation costs, whether dish or aerial, seem to be about the same for all systems.
25-09-2011 11:13
bytor Offline
Posting Machine

Doesn't stop us feeling aggrieved but if you re-read my message it states we should all have the same content.
The point I was trying to make was that the shows have been changed, tamed & ruined by cheap advertising simply because BS feel it is the only way to attract the mass audience freeview participation.
25-09-2011 11:46
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(25-09-2011 08:58 )bytor Wrote:  While the moans between Freeviewers and sky subcribers bears no real animosity there is obviously some understandable jealousy from freeviewers.
However, Sky subscribers have every right to feel aggrieved too. The shows were originally Sky only and it must not be forgotten that we pay for this. Because there were fewer Sky viewers it was much easier to get through to the girl of your choice. The shows were better produced and the interactive content was much better. We still moaned about the advertising even then, but that was simply regarding the banner at the bottom of the screen-seems quite trivial now!
The fact is the shows should have exactly the same simultaneous content; starting and finishing at the same time. I am guessing this has something to do with the channel licensing among other things. The over zealous censorship baffles me-I mean we are not talking anything that cannot be seen on page 3 and if you want access to adult content such as calling or subscribing to Xtreme then you have to pay for those services, so that should automatically preclude junior from anything overtly adult.

As i have said before IMO the format of the Cellcast channels as they are now is not because they are also on freeview , IMO if they weren't on freeview they would largly be the same as they are now apart from there wouldn't be adverts for Xtreme , lets not forget BS Blue is solely on Sky for a full 6 hours before it starts on freeview at 3.am and is still crap when Sky only .
Like whats been posted before Sky viewers get to see the babe channels for free just the same as freeviews as they are not part of any Sky package , like "villa" has said you can buy your own Sky/Satellite viewing equipment quite cheaply without having any Sky subscriptions whatsoever in order to watch the babe channels in the same way as you have to by freeview viewing equipment to watch the babe channels on freeview , even if you have various Sky subscription packages and cancel them you can still watch the free to air Sky channels including the babe channels .
"bytor" mentions the channels were originally Sky only , this is true but Cellcast have been airing babe channels on freeview now since 2006 , Partypeople started on freeview Ch 37 in 2006 and Partygirls started on freeview Ch 46 (i think) in 2008 . Partypeople (night show) was largely a freview only show but if i remember correctly it was also for a short time also broadcast on the Sumo Sky channel , Partygirls was solely a freeview only channel , non of these freeview channels did the incessant advertising like they do on the Sky/ freeview combined channels like they do now , "bytor" also mentions that it was much easier to get through to the girl of your choice , that's true but don't forget that was also the case for the freeview only babe channels callers of Partygirls , Partypeople , the freeview viewers now have to compete with Sky viewers trying to speak to their favorite girls , whereas not so long when 2 channels were freeview only this wasn't the case , lets not forget the biggest problem when trying to speak to the girls is not competition from viewers of other tv platforms but the bloody "set up" girl caller . So like i say IMO the channels being on freeview is not the root cause of how bad the Cellcast babe channels are today .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 14:51 by mr mystery.)
25-09-2011 14:22
broncobilly10 Offline
Posting Machine

There should be no different content between fv and sky how ever you watch we all should get the same thing I have heard fv gets better content IMO this is not right.
25-09-2011 14:31
HannahsPet Online
Posting Machine

(25-09-2011 14:22 )mr mystery Wrote:  
(25-09-2011 08:58 )bytor Wrote:  While the moans between Freeviewers and sky subcribers bears no real animosity there is obviously some understandable jealousy from freeviewers.

As i have said before IMO the format of the Cellcast channels as they are now is not because they are also on freeview , IMO if they weren't on freeview they would largly be the same as they are now apart from there wouldn't be adverts for Xtreme , lets not forget BS Blue is solely on Sky for a full 6 hours before it starts on freeview at 3.am and is still crap when Sky only .
Like whats been posted before Sky viewers get to see the babe channels for free just the same as freeviews as they are not part of any Sky package , like "villa" has said you can buy your own Sky/Satellite viewing equipment quite cheaply without having any Sky subscriptions whatsoever in order to watch the babe channels in the same way as you have to by freeview viewing equipment to watch the babe channels on freeview , even if you have various Sky subscription packages and cancel them you can still watch the free to air Sky channels including the babe channels .
"bytor" mentions the channels were originally Sky only , this is true but Cellcast have been airing babe channels on freeview now since 2006 , Partypeople started on freeview Ch 37 in 2006 and Partygirls started on freeview Ch 46 (i think) in 2008 . Partypeople (night show) was largely a freview only show but if i remember correctly it was also for a short time also broadcast on the Sumo Sky channel , Partygirls was solely a freeview only channel , non of these freeview channels did the incessant advertising like they do on the Sky/ freeview combined channels like they do now , "bytor" also mentions that it was much easier to get through to the girl of your choice , that's true but don't forget that was also the case for the freeview only babe channels callers of Partygirls , Partypeople , the freeview viewers now have to compete with Sky viewers trying to speak to their favorite girls , whereas not so long when 2 channels were freeview only this wasn't the case , lets not forget the biggest problem when trying to speak to the girls is not competition from viewers of other tv platforms but the bloody "set up" girl caller . So like i say IMO the channels being on freeview is not the root cause of how bad the Cellcast babe channels are today .

no the freeview channels are not the main cause of the problem one is One is BS Extreme would love if it went back to about 2 years ago we had 4 channels BS1 and 2 And Bluekiss and Sexstation/Partyland

both freeview channels partygirls and Party people 3am were great u could set freeview PVRs and get the recordings of certain

wouldnt mind if certain girls would be on freeview channels as long as they told us in advance so we knew which channels they would be on. its the fact u have to monitor 3 channels now 4 because of freeview

was it daryl on last night on bs midnight freeview guessing as georgie was on sky on option 2

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
25-09-2011 15:23
Doddle Online
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(24-09-2011 20:06 )vila Wrote:  
(24-09-2011 19:42 )iamthatjack Wrote:  Daryl is part of the 'fake tit brigade' then

Technically yes, of course, but hers are vastly more acceptable than almost all the others.
Comments like this always make me laugh. Slag off the 'fake tit brigade' as though those girls are just worthless scum, and then when faced with someone enhanced whom you like, go "oh she's the exception that proves the rule" RolleyesRolleyesRolleyesRolleyesRolleyesbladewave

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
25-09-2011 15:50
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(25-09-2011 14:31 )Broncobilly Wrote:  There should be no different content between fv and sky how ever you watch we all should get the same thing I have heard fv gets better content IMO this is not right.

Huh Are you having a laugh???

(25-09-2011 15:23 )HannahsPet Wrote:  was it daryl on last night on bs midnight freeview guessing as georgie was on sky on option 2

Damn - wish I'd read this half an hour ago. I could've given a firm answer but I deleted my recording. All I can say is that I think it was Daryl.

Did Paige do the last 30 mins of Xtra?
25-09-2011 16:01
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV