Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.76 Average

Ofcom Discussion

matt38 Offline
Posting Machine

Ofcom Discussion
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but with the impending announcement from Ofcom regarding their review, it could spell the end for all the babe channels as we know them, some time this month we will find out.
04-12-2009 21:53
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

RE: Babestation review thread.
(04-12-2009 21:53 )matt38 Wrote:  Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but with the impending announcement from Ofcom regarding their review, it could spell the end for all the babe channels as we know them, some time this month we will find out.

Er, wrong sort of review!

Besides, as Ofcom have given us until 15 January 2010 to respond I doubt we'll hear much this month.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2009 01:14 by vila.)
05-12-2009 00:41
Censorship :-( Away
Sadly, no more caps. :-(

RE: Babestation review thread.
(05-12-2009 00:41 )vila Wrote:  
(04-12-2009 21:53 )matt38 Wrote:  Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but with the impending announcement from Ofcom regarding their review, it could spell the end for all the babe channels as we know them, some time this month we will find out.

Er, wrong sort of review!

Besides, as Ofcom have given us until 15 January 2010 to respond I doubt we'll hear much this month.

AFAIK, the current 'consultation' is with regard to re-classifying the channels because of advertising rules etc. There was an earlier 'consultation' regarding content, which closed some time ago, and, I believe, an announcement is due, possibly this month.
05-12-2009 11:44
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

RE: Offcom stuff
(05-12-2009 11:44 )Censorship :-( Wrote:  AFAIK, the current 'consultation' is with regard to re-classifying the channels because of advertising rules etc. There was an earlier 'consultation' regarding content, which closed some time ago, and, I believe, an announcement is due, possibly this month.

As I understand it, this is the situation:

The original consultation was in respect of advertising and sought to have sex chat channels in their present form re-classified as teleshopping. This would have meant either encrypting the channels or changing the format completely to avoid the reclassification.

The new consultation is in respect of the measures Ofcom propose to take in view of the results of the first one by altering the advertising rules so that the channels don't have to be reclassified, but has introduced a new element in that they now want to completely remove sex chat channels from Freeview.

Edit: I don't know of any consultation regarding content other than advertising, but please correct me if I'm mistaken.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2009 16:53 by vila.)
05-12-2009 16:51
Censorship :-( Away
Sadly, no more caps. :-(

(05-12-2009 16:51 )vila Wrote:  
(05-12-2009 11:44 )Censorship :-( Wrote:  AFAIK, the current 'consultation' is with regard to re-classifying the channels because of advertising rules etc. There was an earlier 'consultation' regarding content, which closed some time ago, and, I believe, an announcement is due, possibly this month.

As I understand it, this is the situation:

The original consultation was in respect of advertising and sought to have sex chat channels in their present form re-classified as teleshopping. This would have meant either encrypting the channels or changing the format completely to avoid the reclassification.

The new consultation is in respect of the measures Ofcom propose to take in view of the results of the first one by altering the advertising rules so that the channels don't have to be reclassified, but has introduced a new element in that they now want to completely remove sex chat channels from Freeview.

Edit: I don't know of any consultation regarding content other than advertising, but please correct me if I'm mistaken.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/bcode09/

The Executive summary concludes with the following:-

'We will publish a summary of responses and statement in response when the revised Code is published in December 2009.'

The following is the current/ongoing ‘consultation’:-

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/...pationtv3/

BTW, is anyone able to open the PDF for this 'consultation'? I keep getting a 'file is damaged, cannot be repaired' message.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2009 11:25 by Censorship :-(.)
06-12-2009 10:16
mofozombie81 Offline
Senior Poster

The PDF is working fine for me. If you want me to e-mail it to you as a PDF file then just PM me Smile
06-12-2009 23:02
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

[split] Serious Ofcom warning for Bang Media
I don't think the channels know where they stand with Ofcom as some of the time they are getting naked for a while then becoming very safe with them only being topless. I think Ofcom need to sit down with the owners of these channels and set up between them exactly what is acceptable on free to air/view channels so that is all down in black and white and so the grey areas that currently seem to exist in the rules which allows channels to push the boundaries to see what they can get away with are removed.
02-04-2010 19:41
stoly Offline
Banned

RE: Serious Ofcom warning for Bang Media
I've noticed sex station can get away with anything they want, because it's internet and not tv, bypassing ofcom. Now I've noticed on BB on certain occasions, what you see on tv isn't necessarily what you get on the web stream, because two cameras are being used.
So if the likes of Amanda or Jemma J want to flash why don't they restrict that to the web stream, whilst the camera that has been earmarked for tv shows a different angle of the girl, that way we get what we want to see, and in a sense, the station wouldn't be up for a fine , and ofcom can go fuck themselves
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 21:44 by stoly.)
02-04-2010 21:42
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

a brilliant idea bang shold do a web channel just on internet and the babes can be as naughty as they like

Piper Niven Superfan
02-04-2010 22:23
H-H Offline
Junior Poster

You do know Ofcom will soon be regulating TV on demand and web streams, don't you ?

I love Muffin, Muffin-the-Mule.
02-04-2010 22:50