Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

hornball Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
When you look at the demise of the night shows lately, you might attribute some of that at least, to the religious 'so - called good living' brigade who pressurise the likes of Ofcom to clamp down on the grounds that the output is 'harming' impressionable or weak minds - could it actually be responsible for the tamer day shows as well?? with the merest hint of a butt cheek apparently being studiously avoided now! If that was to be the case - not that far fetched - Christ knows where it will end?? What ever happened to individuals - namely parents - taking responsibility for their own viewing habits, or those who they have in their care/control??

Mind you, were it to force the channels to think outside the box, and steer a different course, it may not be the worst thing!
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019 20:16 by hornball.)
08-12-2019 20:08
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stemmw Offline
Beebo. Want. Cuddles

What annoys me when I read on here about fuckoffcom dealing with the channels is the "harm" and how "easy it is to find the channels" arguments.

This pisses me off as it's complete bollocks. Just as an example Sky Atlantic is FAR more easier to find than the wank channels and at 21:05 at night you could see characters getting horrifically murdered, raped, "offensive" language, serious graphic violence, sex and full frontal male and female nudity.

I know the licenses are different but as I said it's the harm and easy to find arguments that fuckoffcom seem to fall back on and for me it just doesn't hold up. I don't understand why BS and S66 don't try and fight this. Maybe the cost of challenging this is unaffordable but I think if they were to win a challenge such as that it would benefit them and make their future more sustainable.

"If nothing we do matters ..... , then all that matters is what we do"
"Reason is not automatic, those who deny it cannot be conquered by it"
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes"
08-12-2019 20:18
hornball Offline
Posting Machine

(08-12-2019 20:18 )Stemmw Wrote:  What annoys me when I read on here about fuckoffcom dealing with the channels is the "harm" and how "easy it is to find the channels" arguments.

This pisses me off as it's complete bollocks. Just as an example Sky Atlantic is FAR more easier to find than the wank channels and at 21:05 at night you could see characters getting horrifically murdered, raped, "offensive" language, serious graphic violence, sex and full frontal male and female nudity.

I know the licenses are different but as I said it's the harm and easy to find arguments that fuckoffcom seem to fall back on and for me it just doesn't hold up. I don't understand why BS and S66 don't try and fight this. Maybe the cost of challenging this is unaffordable but I think if they were to win a challenge such as that it would benefit them and make their future more sustainable.
And copious amounts of it at times too!! I guess 'Banshee' passed muster with Ofcom a few years back - for example! Given many of the scenes, it is surprising! Same with 'Boardwalk Empire' for those that saw it! In actual fact, Sky show content on their entertainment channels - as you suggest - way more explicit than anything on the 900's.

Maybe they need to put the 900's - all of them - behind pin number encryption! I guess some will then argue that it would be too easy for minors etc to get their little paws on such numbers! Don't leave them lying around then - problem solved!!
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019 20:28 by hornball.)
08-12-2019 20:27
Didokan Offline
Senior Poster

talking about offcom is their get a way road from the mess they're making , they always make as an excuse , after a while all of a sudden things get smooth and the shows become interesting
08-12-2019 21:35
tigeralf Offline
Master Poster

(08-12-2019 21:35 )Didokan Wrote:  talking about offcom is their get a way road from the mess they're making , they always make as an excuse , after a while all of a sudden things get smooth and the shows become interesting

wouldn't bank on it this time
08-12-2019 21:40
GMach1 Offline
Account Closed

Good to see marvellous Millie Michaels doing another night show - could be a contender for next year's Newcomer of the Year or S66 babe of the year! (assuming she stays there) Smile

LIVERPOOL-Champions League & UEFA Super Cup AND
Club World Cup Winners 2019-YNWA!
So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, goodbye, adieu, syonara, ha su chin and CHEERIO!
09-12-2019 00:12
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

(09-12-2019 00:12 )GMach1 Wrote:  Good to see marvellous Millie Michaels doing another night show - could be a contender for next year's Newcomer of the Year or S66 babe of the year! (assuming she stays there) Smile

She won't be able to enter next year's newcomer but yeah she will be a prospect in next year's S66 Queen.

Funniest Poster Runner Up 2019
Premier League Prediction Thread Winner 2020/21
09-12-2019 00:28
GMach1 Offline
Account Closed

Indeed. I cannot understand it. S66 have wired microphones and you still can't hear the girls because they never turn the background music down or off-it rarely happens-just now I couldn't make out what the hell Taylor Blue was saying!!

So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, goodbye, adieu, syonara, ha su chin and CHEERIO!
09-12-2019 00:31
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

(09-12-2019 00:31 )GMach1 Wrote:  I couldn't make out what the hell Taylor Blue was saying!!

She said GMach i like your car can you give me a ride in it.

Funniest Poster Runner Up 2019
Premier League Prediction Thread Winner 2020/21
09-12-2019 00:37
GMach1 Offline
Account Closed

Not mine, it's 007's newest model.

09-12-2019 00:42