GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.3 Average

The "Pissed Off " Thread

Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

RE: The "Pissed Off " Thread
(28-12-2018 19:25 )Tractor boy Wrote:  HMV going into administration Sad
If this is the 2nd time in 6 years, then clearly either their rescuers last time screwed it up, or else it was inevitable.

Given their often extortionate pricing policies, I would suggest the latter.

Apologies if you work there, mind Surprised

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
28-12-2018 22:35
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lancealot790 Offline
Posting Machine

I really don't think the prices are that bad unless you want a brand new release, there are plenty of in store offers on most formats but they really cannot compete with the internet. Rent, business rates and wages along with the hassle of actually going out shopping means it is always going to be an uphill battle to survive.
28-12-2018 22:56
The Goatman Offline
King Of Goats

I stopped going in hmv when i went in to get season 2 of chuck on dvd and it was £47 and on amazon it was £11.99

I miss Amber Coen
28-12-2018 23:06
lancealot790 Offline
Posting Machine

A few things are expensive but there are plenty of deals available, 5 for £30 on blu rays 5 for £20 on dvds and good offers on some new releases, you just have to look around. I always try and support the high street where possible.
28-12-2018 23:24
HannahsPet Online
Posting Machine

Problem for HMV was they got hit by services like spotify and itunes. Then got hit by Amazon and online and then supermarkets selling CD's and DVD's

so basically were fucked when they went in adminstration the last time

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
29-12-2018 00:38
HannahsPet Online
Posting Machine

(28-12-2018 22:56 )lancealot790 Wrote:  I really don't think the prices are that bad unless you want a brand new release, there are plenty of in store offers on most formats but they really cannot compete with the internet. Rent, business rates and wages along with the hassle of actually going out shopping means it is always going to be an uphill battle to survive.

its just not the internet though supermarkets are also a killer

Basically i go music have it in a instant using spotify or itunes. if you do want the CD pick it up from the supermarket for most chart stuff and other good sellers. for most other stuff order on amazon and get it the day after using prime

Same with Movies. can buy on the actual tv or use netflix or amazon itunes, you want a popular dvd bluray then supermarket if they dont have it order it from amazon

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
29-12-2018 00:48
GMach1 Offline
Account Closed

Those bloody annoying people who ask "oh, did you make any New Year's resolutions?" and then go on to list all theirs but you know damn well they ain't going to last the month Big Grin

LIVERPOOL-Champions League & UEFA Super Cup AND
Club World Cup Winners 2019-YNWA!
So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, goodbye, adieu, syonara, ha su chin and CHEERIO!
02-01-2019 21:56
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

People who ask you what NY resolutions you've made, and then tell you what ones you should have made... Sad

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
03-01-2019 17:58
GMach1 Offline
Account Closed

H.M.V. and before that Our Price, Virgin Records and Tower Records-the irony is that these once great record shops are no more yet vinyl is more popular than ever AND now I read that cassettes are making a comeback as well although the vast majority of music is downloaded these days. You're stuffed if you don't have a record player of course but luckily two years ago I got a portable one(my stereo system's version stopped working) and although it sounds odd at times(these records, singles and albums are over 30 odd years old) it is still a joy to listen to, and nothing beats that feeling of taking out a large bit of vinyl from its cover and reading the lyrics. What pisses me off is that people are being asked to pay way over the odds for a vinyl album of a big pop star but it probably only cost a few quid when it first came out. Oh yes and I also bought a new cassette player at the same time two years ago because I still have loads of them lying around.

LIVERPOOL-Champions League & UEFA Super Cup AND
Club World Cup Winners 2019-YNWA!
So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, goodbye, adieu, syonara, ha su chin and CHEERIO!
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019 18:55 by GMach1.)
03-01-2019 18:54
skully Offline

Those resolutions know it alls are the same twats who ask you if you feel any older on your birthday, they are very punchable.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
03-01-2019 19:02

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles