Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Sin TV - General Chat & Discussion

welshken Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Sin TV - General Chat & Discussion
I always thought Tiffany was unwatchable anyway, used to bore me shitless lol mainly cos she never did more than topless and on another channel, she took the piss one night with Charlie C and a totally stupid balloon game on what was supposed to be a naked show.
no, I'm not bitter lol
maybe she's changed, maybe she now gets all her kit out?

anyway, as for the feed issues: maybe they are still testing to see what works, to tweak settings, and to do all the messing around before it goes fully live. Better to do it all now before it goes fully live with sky channel etc.
Maybe cut them some slack while they fine tune the offerings. After all, its not like we are paying at the moment Smile
05-04-2015 07:44
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DB83 Offline
Posting Machine

The bitrate for the streams is set for an 'achieveable' rate for the transported image dimension.

So you can get away with 76 kbps for the postage-stamp pic(presumably for a mobile phone) whereas 3250 is a bare minimum for 1280*720. Your player then scales these according to your screen. Play that 76 kbps stream on your PC screen and you will see poor quality. The default is 'auto' which is designed to give you the highest rate that your connection can support. Except that no connection normally gives you a constant rate.

The stream issue tho is that it does not send 76 kbps or 3250 but both and all the others in-between - if you have the right, or in this case the wrong, software, it will attempt to capture all 5 streams. Many internet connections will struggle with these higher bitrates which is why you see the buffering wheel.

You can then add any issues in transporting the stream to the server that then converts the single stream in to five before spitting it out to the punter.

So there is plenty to go wrong.

Even flash based streams are not perfect - you only have to look at bs or s66 for that - but there is still less to go wrong than high bitrate raw streams (raw inasmuch that no conversion is taking place between the camera and the server. Mpeg2 is still compressed)
05-04-2015 10:00
richpk Offline
Master Poster

(04-04-2015 10:08 )SirAssAlot Wrote:  On the sin site under the main stream it says that mobiles may cost more so that all depends on your network & what they charge. Don't forget there's also a £2 connection charge on top of the £1.53 a min

i am well aware of that, the reason i ask is they actually also tell you how much calls cost from the mobile shortcode. what is that exactly lol
05-04-2015 11:16
nilford Offline
fence post

(05-04-2015 07:44 )welshken Wrote:  I always thought Tiffany was unwatchable anyway, used to bore me shitless lol mainly cos she never did more than topless and on another channel, she took the piss one night with Charlie C and a totally stupid balloon game on what was supposed to be a naked show.

Speaking personally, that's exactly the sort of thing I want, though, and miss (BS, back in the days when it was truly decent, used to have loads of that sort of stuff)! Babes being themselves, being funny, being spontaneous, engaging with each other, and somewhat coming across like the kind of person they are when they're away from the studio is a turn-on. Mechanical thrusting and dry-humping and piston-like dildo sucking isn't a turn-on at all. Personality is important, but rote, repetitive grinding cancels out personality.
05-04-2015 11:56
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

interesting stuff about the bit rate, have been wondering for sometime why it was so high for a SD stream,
for those who don't know sin SD comes in somewhere between 850 - 900 kbps compared for example to the RLC stream which i think have a good picture but only comes in at 450 - 500 kbps,
i would say that the extra 400 kbps of data is what is causing the lag/freezing many seam to be getting,

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
05-04-2015 13:51
Paul1982 Offline
Banned

am i missing something?? 942 is Switch TV (s66 during the day and xtreme filth at night) ??

theres no mention of sin tv in the sky listings??
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2015 16:49 by Paul1982.)
05-04-2015 16:46
Jack Bishop Offline
Account Closed

If you look at the Sky listing for 942 TV Switch from Wed afternoon onward they would appear to list Sin TV programmes day and night.
05-04-2015 16:59
Paul1982 Offline
Banned

(05-04-2015 16:59 )Jack Bishop Wrote:  If you look at the Sky listing for 942 TV Switch from Wed afternoon onward they would appear to list Sin TV programmes day and night.

thanks very much, i mistakenly thought it was already up and running on sky.
05-04-2015 17:04
Jack Bishop Offline
Account Closed

^ No only on the streams for now.
05-04-2015 17:06
Block Offline
Nip Slip For the Win

I'm really optimistic about Sintv, I think they can be a game changer.

They seem to want to provide something different than the other channels are offering.

Hopefully their enthusasic approach can pay off. Only time will tell! Big Grin
05-04-2015 22:19