Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
^Excellent post.
I can't really disagree with any of that when you put it like that.

22-02-2015 16:37
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MARCCE Offline
Senior Poster

It's not, never has been and never will be all about the call stats.

You know it's not all about call stats because there's a ruddy big OSG on the right hand of the screen every night advertising pics and videos of the S66 babes.

That's where maximising the viewer base comes in. Personally I have absolutely zilch interest in phoning a girl faking "ooh babies" at me when I know I have no personal connection with her at all. It just does nothing at all for me. However, I may be tempted into paying for videos from the website or whatever. I'm sure there are many like me who watch for the visual side of things and are therefore potential purchasers of vids and/or photos.

Some of the girls may well bring in calls but that isn't the whole be all and end all for the S66 operation. It's in every channel's interests to get as many people seeing those OSG's as possible. Whilst I can see a reason why things like daytime shows in night time slots and dom sessions may bring in calls I very much doubt they're keeping too many casual viewers who don't call interested. They're certainly not keeping me interested that's for sure.
22-02-2015 17:35
KerrAvon Offline
Posting Machine

(22-02-2015 15:50 )southlondonphil Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 15:17 )KerrAvon Wrote:  The reason call stats get conjured up so often on this thread is because it's a desperate empty last line of defense of how far this channel has fallen.

No, not true.

The reason call stats get 'conjured up' is that people make posts here challenging certain girls being on and claiming that they shouldn't be on, there's no justification for them being on, Studio 66 will inevitably close down because of them being on, etc etc etc.

Call stats are then 'conjured up' to explain why Studio 66 schedule as they do.

The people who asked the question in the first place then get annoyed and claim that there's no proof that call stats dictate the scheduling. They then typically demand proof that call stats are in any way relevant, whilst continuing with their own argument that the appearance of certain girls can't be in any way justified.

It's ironic that the people who complain about call stats being mentioned are often the same people who start the debates about scheduling in the first place - knowing full well that their posts will lead to call stats being brought up again - and doubtless knowing too, as Shandyhand mentioned, that there would be absolutely no reason for Studio 66 to keep doing what they are doing if the call stats were poor.

And if the same babes in question are no longer scheduled or even on the roster mere weeks later, isn't that justification enough that the complainers may actually be right after all?

Why defend a babe on call stats, and then when she's sharply let go ignore the very same stats and sweep it under the carpet?

To me Studio 66 the past few years have had more of a revolving door of babes than they used to. And more than the other channels it seems. Many don't appear to have made the grade, which is why I uphold that this channel has fallen from a greater height as they were indeed tops.

By the way my criticism is not directed at you Phil or & 7 stars. I myself have suggested why a channel like BS would schedule like they do, purely for their own gain. The irony is the chief complainer of the 'usual suspects' of babes on that station is the chief defender of a channel's call stats justification on another Rolleyes And I suspect that what draws a lot of the opinion on here.
22-02-2015 17:59
Goodfella3041 Offline
Posting Machine

I agree that simply citing call stats can be wearisome, if it just ends there. Ronald McDonald was on the bed last night, in full clown makeup ... but, hey, he seemed to be taking calls, so what's the problem?

The issue isn't what the call stats were (or, more precisely, what we presume them to be), but rather why the call stats are what they are. In this respect, talking about call stats is simply one other way of trying to understand why producers and babes make the decisions that they make.

Personally, I think it is a pointless exercise to moan in despair at the erosion of quality on any channel without getting into a discussion -- either directly or obliquely -- about call stats. But the question is: why are people calling Ronald McDonald? Is it the yellow jumpsuit? The big floppy shoes? Are there so many guys with a fast food clown fetish that this could become a regular occurrence?

That it is all about revenue, at the end of the day, is not untrue, so I don't know how that issue can be 'off limits' or simply ignored.

That said, I can appreciate how a one-liner that simply cites call stats as the all-purpose final word on any discussion can be annoying.

Take the X-Factor as an analogy. Entire Internet forums with hundreds of contemporaneous threads by thousands of contributors are dedicated to discussing the merits of one contestant or one performance over another. Closer to the final, it is fertile ground for endless pub debates. Naturally, the response to why one act stays and another goes is that one received more votes than the other. Thanks a lot, Einstein. But knowing that doesn't stop the dialogue. The question is: why is one act getting more votes than another. And thus begins the debate...
22-02-2015 18:41
Joey 27 Offline
Posting Machine

What i can't understand is why some people on here only seem to post about bloody call stats and the business side of the babshows. i never hear these people talk about their favourite babes or talk about the quality of the babeshows in a positive or negative way in general, they literally only come on here to tell us about the fucking call stats, at least rammy talks about the babes and babeshows even though he bleats on about call stats a lot

it would be like me telling football fans that it doesn't matter about the quality of players and performances of their team, as long as they get results, continue to sell tickets and sell their best players for a big fee that's the most important thing, yes of course that is important but football fans don't usually talk about the business side of football unless they are in admin, they talk about the players and how they performed in games etc

as a fan of the babeshows i don't come on here just to talk about the business side of the babeshows, i'd only care if they were struggling financially and were about to go bust, what i care about most is seeing hot babes getting their tits out and putting on a good show, im just a viewer of the babeshows i don't work for them if i did then i'd care about the fucking call stats
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2015 19:17 by Joey 27.)
22-02-2015 19:15
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

Great post Joey I totally agree with you there are a number of posters in this thread that I have no idea what girls they like what sort of show they rate etc, yet when ever call stats come up they appear, I would put a lot more wait in what the say if they contributed more to the forum as else it just looks like trolling,

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
22-02-2015 19:43
Goodfella3041 Offline
Posting Machine

^^^ I like the football analogy, as I think it is instructive.

But I think that people do a lot more talking about the babeshow business than they think they do, which is what invites all the commentary about call stats.

I get the point. In appreciating a match, it is a weak armchair pundit who resorts to commercial arguments to explain why Newcastle lost to Man City. A match is really about the performance of players and a manager's tactics within the 90 minutes of the game. That Man City is a rich club and Newcastle isn't, doesn't change the fact that Yaya Toure was beautiful to watch and Fabio Coloccini wasn't. But when talking more broadly about the Table or the season, I equally think it is impossible to ignore the business side of it. To take this season as an example, I actually think the top and the bottom of the table are quite boring, but the 6-team dogfight for 3rd and 4th place is fascinating. But I only think that because I know how important Champions League football is to a club's future, so I know what a large prize is at stake for 6 teams that are all within 8 or 9 points of each other.

This all applies to the babeshows too. You liked Lucy Anne's performance last night; he didn't. I liked Clare Richards' on Tuesday; you didn't. Fine. It really is all about individual tastes and preferences and about the girls' looks, performance, outfits, enthusiasm, etc. And I agree that in that respect, whether or not she is taking calls is neither here nor there.

BUT... It is when people take an individual performance, as so many are wont to do, and from that make hugely exaggerated speculations about the channel or the whole babeshow format that they virtually invite a discussion about call stats.

* "I didn't like seeing Evelyn fully clothed and static at 11pm last night", is a conversation about Evelyn and her performance and I agree that her call stats are completely irrelevant to that statement.

* "Seeing Evelyn on the beds at 11pm is a sign that S66 is in the throws of terminal decline", is actually a statement about the business, whether or not you think it is. Someone is inevitably going to make the point that she was busy on the phones, so don't sell your shares in S66 just yet.

Going back to your football analogy, it's like a supporter who sees a bad match and starts to predict the end of football as we know it. They are not talking about a football match anymore. They are talking about the business of football -- and people will respond accordingly.
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2015 20:30 by Goodfella3041.)
22-02-2015 20:08
shaun blue Offline
Senior Poster

(22-02-2015 19:15 )Joey 27 Wrote:  football fans don't usually talk about the business side of football unless they are in admin, they talk about the players and how they performed in games etc

You're way out of touch. Football fans these days are always talking about the business side of football. I can't talk to some people I know without financial fair play being mentioned. Not to mention that things like transfer fees have always been a ripe subject for discussion.

I remember before Abramovich took over Chelsea there were people I know who never stopped talking about Chelsea's financial position (I was too young to understand but it was a constant discussion). Look at all the clubs who have gone bust in the last few years. Do you think Portsmouth supporters never discussed the reasons for their 3 recent relegations - which were all business reasons? What about clubs which are up for sale? Do you think Newcastle supporters never discuss Ashley's ownership of the club and what it would take to get him to sell it?

Didn't you used to have something about Luton Town under your name? I'm guessing that Luton supporters don't need to worry about financial fair play and can safely ignore it. But I seem to remember that Luton got docked 30 points a few years ago as a punishment for business irregularities. Did Luton fans talk about that? Or did they just stick to talking about the players and how they performed in games?
22-02-2015 21:52
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

(22-02-2015 20:08 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  I like the football analogy, as I think it is instructive...

Yes, it is. Anyone that thinks football fans don't talk about the business side of football needs to listen to more radio phone-ins on the subject. The reason it nearly always comes up is that it forms part of the why question that Goodfella brings up. And...

(22-02-2015 19:43 )winsaw Wrote:  ...there are a number of posters in this thread that I have no idea what girls they like what sort of show they rate etc, yet when ever call stats come up they appear, I would put a lot more wait in what the say if they contributed more to the forum as else it just looks like trolling,

Don't know who you had in mind winsaw* but since I am one of those that doesn't post much outside of these and Ofcom debates I thought I'd combine these two things and explain why:

I post in the broad sections of this board more than I do in the girl-centric ones because, as again Goodfella states, opinions about the girls are largely a matter of personal taste. Something which may be interesting to some, but to me I can take or leave. What does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if I or any one else find Hannah Martin hot and has an ass that wont quit?! (Which she is and does btw.) I'm not likely to inspire anyone else to think the same if they don't already or enlighten any debate on the subject so what's the point? (Not knocking anyone who posts this stuff btw it's just something I wouldn't spend my time doing.) Negative versions of the same are even worse - running a girl down just because I don't find her attractive. Why would I want to do that? So... I occasionally post information and such in the individual sections if no-one has pointed it out before. That's generally it.

I have little interest in caps and almost without exception get my vids from another forum so why would I post in those sections?

Discussion on the general sections of this board is indeed more akin to discussions of the "Table" and teams as a whole (BS are obviously going to win this season!) than they are the individual 'players'. So this is where I generally post because what interests me is the why.

Why can't I see Hannah M shaking her ass on TV atm (more than just her being on holiday I mean)? Why has she generally been restricted to webcam since the beginning of the year? How often can I see Cara B bent over in her skimpiest undies in the near future? Why are girls that are on all day taking up slots that could let me see these things? I wonder why I now have to seek out Lucy Summers and Delia Rose on BS's crappy streams. And why when Kandi Kay is on wont they let here bounce her ass directly to camera any more?

As this is what interests me this is where I post. If you don't think the business side of things has the deepest effect on all of the above then you are sadly mistaken. Not every one comes on here for the same reasons.

I'd add one thing to Goodfella final comments too: Evelyn static on the bed one time could be down to Evelyn being lazy. Evelyn static on the bed 5 times in a row along with all the other day for night girls is more likely a business decision.

[Edit: * winsaw has now explained who he meant and I get what he was saying. Still useful to have my cards laid on the table I think!]

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
(This post was last modified: 23-02-2015 00:11 by ShandyHand.)
22-02-2015 22:11
southlondonphil Offline
Master Poster

(22-02-2015 20:08 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  It is when people take an individual performance, as so many are wont to do, and from that make hugely exaggerated speculations about the channel or the whole babeshow format that they virtually invite a discussion about call stats.

Correct. You hit the nail on the head.

The people who complain about call stats and business being discussed here are the people who start those discussions in the first place.
22-02-2015 23:12