Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average

New channel launch

davy crockett Offline
Master Poster

RE: New channel launch
(31-01-2015 23:45 )Slick84 Wrote:  If this was just a matter of external censorship (the issue undoubtedly exists), they could simply broadcast on their Website the same show (no longer "TV") with no added price, keeping the same premise as of now.

I see what you're saying, but in the UK at least webshows don't have anything like the number of viewers that the TV shows get. If the UK shows suddenly became web only to avoid the TV censorship issue their business would quickly dry up.
01-02-2015 13:24
Find all posts by this user
ETV_guest Offline
eUrotic fan

The ETV web-shows are not comparable with UK web show, they are very close to their TV-show.
The contents in TV-show are actually decreased due to the need to promote the site.
If you take a look at some old video of eUrotic TV (2006-2007) they are a lot, lot lot hottest than their web show (till now)

I'm not a member of ETV staff, i just like this channel!
01-02-2015 13:44
woolleysheep Offline
Master Poster

(01-02-2015 06:05 )HannahsPet Wrote:  I for one willing to give them a chance looks like they have a few natural girls love that

Yes I'm willing to give them a chance too. There's way too much negativity and pessimism from the likes of Scottishbloke. Let's at least see what they come up with first before we rush to make a judgement on them.
01-02-2015 13:46
Slick84 Offline
Junior Poster

(01-02-2015 13:24 )Davy Crockett Wrote:  
(31-01-2015 23:45 )Slick84 Wrote:  If this was just a matter of external censorship (the issue undoubtedly exists), they could simply broadcast on their Website the same show (no longer "TV") with no added price, keeping the same premise as of now.

I see what you're saying, but in the UK at least webshows don't have anything like the number of viewers that the TV shows get. If the UK shows suddenly became web only to avoid the TV censorship issue their business would quickly dry up.

I agree with you. My point was more related to their general strategy, not to their upcoming expansion into the UK market.

If anything, it is quite understandable that they want to use the TV platform as a way to rack up more paying customers to their Website - no one's arguing against that. The point is that, up until now, they've been purposefully self-censoring their TV shows (with no influence whatsoever from the - albeit existing - external censorship) in order to artificially push their Website, but again, forget about dildos, rubbing, spread legs - they will insult you just for trying to ask for those things.

In fact, it will be quite fun at first, I think. I am in no way here solely to tarnish their name or reputation, I couldn't really care less, I'm just presenting the facts that have occurred so far. Maybe I am wrong and it will be a blast for everybody.

I'm actually quite curious to know the real reasons behind this - ETV have been pushing towards a "personal" (and fake, because it's always filtered by the official means) connection between viewers and models - it's more akin to a dating agency (without the "dating" part) than to an erotic channel right now, with some prominent viewers spending thousands of € just to talk with a fully-clothed girl about their own problems, issues and woes in life. I might be wrong about this, but I don't think this is what any UK babe channel is about. Just the fact that they'll be called "Euro BABES" will no doubt make some of them chuckle. So I'm curious to see if there'll be some kind of culture clash or anything.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 14:18 by Slick84.)
01-02-2015 14:14
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(31-01-2015 20:44 )HannahsPet Wrote:  So basically if your teleshopping you have to have abide by UK rules and guessing Sky wont let you broadcast on the EPG without a licence

It would be a offence to broadcast on Sky, Freeview or other platforms without a valid and appropriate licence whether the broadcast is teleshopping or editorial or other. But you can broadcast your own programming using the licence and channel slot of another company , even if you don't have a licence of your own, this is what ETV will be doing, using a Ofcom licence and channel slot belonging to another company, this is what BS, RLC, Extreme Filth do and Bluebird used to do .
Also you are only regulated by Ofcom and have to comply fully with Ofcom teleshopping rules if you have been granted a teleshopping licence by Ofcom .
Sky and freeview are perfectly entitled to let channels not licensed and regulated by Ofcom broadcast on their network, so long as they have a valid and appropriate licence granted by a EU country it is legal for them to do so, ie, BS broadcasting on Sky and freeview using a Dutch licence and regulated by NICAM

PS, as far as i know Ofcom has no legal powers over other EU regulators, or can force other EU regulators to regulate in accordance with their own teleshoping rules, Ofcom has to comply with EU regulations concerning this sort of thing.
Ofcom themselves said they have no powers to force the BS Dutch licensed channels to comply fully with their teleshopping rules, Ofcom said all they could do was ask BS and NICAM to voluntary comply with their teleshopping rules, BS and Nicam declined to do so .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 17:47 by mr mystery.)
01-02-2015 16:56
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I think I am to presume that for the moment being it'll be an ofcom licence that ETV will be using, however if the launch proves to be a success then they could move for a Dutch Licence if they wish to ramp the shows up again and I'd imagine ofcom would be powerless to prevent this.

Today is now the 1st February and no changes have yet been made to the EPG listing on channel 945 but I'm fairly certain that tomorrow night will be there launch night on SKY as a lot of posters on the liveshow forum have referred to this being the last weekend of freedom for ETV as we know it.

I think we should at least see what kind of show is delivered on launch night before we can properly play Judge, Jury and Prosecution. It might not be as bad as a lot of us have already forecast. I think we should also bear in mind that this is probably for a trial period to see how successful it is before committing to anything long term.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 17:41 by Scottishbloke.)
01-02-2015 17:40
modelflat Offline
Posting Machine

(01-02-2015 11:28 )HannahsPet Wrote:  oooh http://www.etvshow.com/?action=details&did=725

Like the way they are actually saying something.

Yeah, but it's the most pretentious whiny shite... just an unfiltered brain dump by the ETV boss, it seems. Of course we all feel sorry for the Chinese iPhone workers, but that's not even vaguely relevant to ETV's poor financial decisions.

ETV Wrote:You are right that our program is probably one of a kind in the European television horizon

Nope.

ETV Wrote:Sky's rules today are the rules of all the European countries tomorrow.

Um... does their fortune teller know something we don't?

Having a UK TV presence is good advertising, it'll attract a few more subscribers who wouldn't have found ETV online. But it's a latecomer to the UK babe channels, an uninteresting channel nowadays, and will only be a very niche thing imo.

||||||||
01-02-2015 20:16
Paul1982 Offline
Banned

(31-01-2015 22:27 )Whynot Wrote:  Do you think we r dumb? Barely 2 days after the forum names this the etv thread, u join as their fan... and u expect us to believe u r not a worker/stooge for the channel?

Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Rolleyes

well he's a pretty lousy one if thats the case as all hes done is criticise the channel. why would he do that if he was a stooge?

(01-02-2015 17:40 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Today is now the 1st February and no changes have yet been made to the EPG listing on channel 945 but I'm fairly certain that tomorrow night will be there launch night on SKY as a lot of posters on the liveshow forum have referred to this being the last weekend of freedom for ETV as we know it.

but why does that suggest tomorrow night will be their launch? as you say theres no change on the sky epg for the next 7 days and if the liveshow forum are saying it will be their last weekend of freedom, that suggest the show will start next weekend, not tomorrow.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 23:01 by Paul1982.)
01-02-2015 22:55
Charlemagne Offline

I thought that it was due to launch tonight? bladewave

However I've just noticed that ETV have changed the wording regarding the launch from 1st Feb to early this week.
01-02-2015 23:08
bigglesworth Offline
Master Poster

(01-02-2015 23:08 )Charlemagne Wrote:  I thought that it was due to launch tonight? bladewave

Cellcast announced a postponement of the launch date several days ago. The postponement was reported in this thread.
01-02-2015 23:20
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV