Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
(06-01-2015 03:03 )Liverred Wrote:  I can't wait till friday night.....Clare, Victoria and Olivia all doing a full night shiftBig Grin

same here Smile hope this is one night where the lineup doesn't change..fingers crossed.

hopefully will say soon what s66 is being investigated soon in one of Ofcom's next bulletins

Piper Niven Superfan
06-01-2015 15:09
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
broncobilly10 Offline
Posting Machine

(06-01-2015 01:56 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  ^^^^
can't really make anything proper of it yet for me as doesn't say anything other than an investigation is being launched about. can't see it being from a member of the public as they wont know about broadcasting licences so either Ofcom have launched it themselves or another channel has targeted s66 and grassed them knowing that an investigation will make s66 be cautious and not push things

Heaven forbid anyone reportting S66 lol
06-01-2015 19:17
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(06-01-2015 06:50 )admiral decker Wrote:  ...
Fairness and/or privacy requirements are generally investigated under the specific procedures for such issues and are therefore not covered by the General Procedures cited for the current investigation.

You are correct, I searched hastily before leaving for work this morning, and didn't look closely enough at the results.

What is covered by the general procedures under which S66 is being investigated is pretty vague, basically consisting of anything that isn't covered by another procedure, but they give this summary :

Quote:1.13 The relevant requirements include, for example, requirements placed upon broadcasters to:

broadcast certain types of content (e.g. radio formats and delivery of news and regional programming quotas);
comply with television licence obligations to fulfil certain production and programming quotas set out in accordance with UK and European legislation;
provide Ofcom with information it has requested;
pay fees; and
comply with various codes, such as:

- the Code of Television Access Services (i.e. subtitling, sign language and audio description)(-15-) ;
- the Code on Sports and Other Listed and Designated Events(-16-) ;
- the Code on Electronic Programme Guides (in respect of issues relating to prominence of public service channels and access services(-17-)) ; and
- technical codes for television(-18-) and radio (-19-).
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/broadca...rocedures/

Failing to provide information looks the most likely from that, which could be anything from general information about the company, to failing to provide recordings for scrutiny.
Then again, with Ofcom, it could be something completely different Smile

I'm guessing this will be the first real investigation of a babechannel under the new Ofcom leadership, so may set an interesting marker on what to expect from here.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
06-01-2015 21:19
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

Could b that havent told ofcom about giving xtreme filth a channel

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
06-01-2015 23:07
Whynot Offline
Just Me

(06-01-2015 23:07 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Could b that havent told ofcom about giving xtreme filth a channel

Could be ofcom are working with the trades description people over some of the alleged 'night/tease' shows. Tongue

I hate injustice and liars
06-01-2015 23:12
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

(06-01-2015 21:19 )munch1917 Wrote:  
(06-01-2015 06:50 )admiral decker Wrote:  ...
Fairness and/or privacy requirements are generally investigated under the specific procedures for such issues and are therefore not covered by the General Procedures cited for the current investigation.

You are correct, I searched hastily before leaving for work this morning, and didn't look closely enough at the results.

What is covered by the general procedures under which S66 is being investigated is pretty vague, basically consisting of anything that isn't covered by another procedure, but they give this summary :

Quote:1.13 The relevant requirements include, for example, requirements placed upon broadcasters to:

broadcast certain types of content (e.g. radio formats and delivery of news and regional programming quotas);
comply with television licence obligations to fulfil certain production and programming quotas set out in accordance with UK and European legislation;
pay fees; and

- the Code of Television Access Services (i.e. subtitling, sign language and audio description)(-15-) ;
- the Code on Electronic Programme Guides (in respect of issues relating to prominence of public service channels and access services(-17-)) ; and
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/broadca...rocedures/

Failing to provide information looks the most likely from that, which could be anything from general information about the company, to failing to provide recordings for scrutiny.
Then again, with Ofcom, it could be something completely different Smile

I'm guessing this will be the first real investigation of a babechannel under the new Ofcom leadership, so may set an interesting marker on what to expect from here.

agree will be interesting to see what the marker is that will be set

Piper Niven Superfan
07-01-2015 01:05
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(06-01-2015 23:07 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Could b that havent told ofcom about giving xtreme filth a channel

The channel under investigation is Studio 66 TV1, not the channel being used by Xtreme Filth.
07-01-2015 02:10
johnnytheirishman Offline
Senior Poster

(06-01-2015 23:12 )Whynot Wrote:  

Could be ofcom are working with the trades description people over some of the alleged 'night/tease' shows. Tongue
If it is to do with trading standards last nights show from Amee & Adelle would be a perfect exampleImportant
I was looking forward to seeing Amee after her build upbladewave but was sorely dissappointedannoyed she looked bored and acted like she didn't want to be thereHuh a few occasions she looked like she thought she was too good for this & the show was beneath herHuh I may be wrong but it didn't inspire me with confidenceHuh
A definite day show candidateSadHuh
07-01-2015 06:50
davy crockett Offline
Master Poster

(07-01-2015 06:50 )johnnytheirishman Wrote:  If it is to do with trading standards last nights show from Amee & Adelle would be a perfect exampleImportant

That was just a joke. Ofcom don't do any work on behalf of Trading Standards departments.

Perhaps your post was also a joke?

Most of the services that babe channels supply aren't covered by Trading Standards anyway, because queries or complaints about babe channel services are generally dealt with by PhonepayPlus.
07-01-2015 09:55
cmiller Offline
Ofcom can suck my sweaty balls

pay fees; and

seems to me that S66 haven't been paying their protection money!

in other news, S66 does seem to be getting an unreasonable amount of stick. the idea that it's that much worse than the other channels is a total myth that keeps getting perpetuated every so often.

everyone is speculating about who has control, the babes or the producers, slagging them off either way and putting it down to 'typical S66'. maybe you've all forgotten that RLC's Danni Harwood takes her breaks when she's ready, choosing to stay on the phones if she still has callers in the queue - but ignore this fact if it serves your argument.

they've got some great babes that put on some great shows. the only problem i have with them is that they've let some of the best babes around leave, such as Delia-Rose.

oh yeah, and Xtreme Filth is clearly owned by S66. you're not going to allow a rival to broadcast on your channel just cos your babe's taking a piss.
07-01-2015 20:30
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply