Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
I don't think s66 are in the last chance saloon, overall I think they have been doing as well as they can given the rules they have to operate under. presume s66 will run shows for longer on 935, 936, 940 and 942 once any technical bugs have been ironed out and as hannahspet says could be they have to get permission from Ofcom.

think they will eventually use these new channels on nights and when they do, think they will do themed nightshows/channels. s66 already have turned 927 into a 40+/older milf channel (goldengirls) and think they will do the same for the new channels. for example a domination channel, a channel for tattooed and pierced women, a channel for bbw, a channel for fantasy outfits and so on

Piper Niven Superfan
22-11-2013 11:46
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

STD 66 joining up with the TVX/Red Hot/Channel 5 people is nothing new, they did it a while back before the agreement came to a end, Elite as it was known then used to broadcast programs under the overall control of TVX using their licence and channels on both days and nights back then, if i remember correctly on days they used to broadcast on around 4 TVX licensed channels as well as their own, they mostly just used to simulcast with other Elite channels. .
Whatever is eventually broadcast on these channels it will be the overall decision of TVX, they own the channels and licence, they are the ones in overall control of programs and services broadcasting on these channels and not STD 66, TVX are the ones who will get the fines if STD 66 transgress in any way as well .

These channels do not broadcast on the old frequency's used by the Sport XXX/BB channels, they broadcast on the same frequency's as the TVX/Red Hot channels, the Ofcom licenses for at least 2 of these channels are not new, they are licenses granted to TVX/Northern and Shell/Portland Broadcasting Limited some time ago .
The channel called "Filth" is currently running on the old licence granted originally to the channel called "Television X amateur" and "Dirty Talk" is using the licence originally granted to TVX for a channel called "TVX HD", i'm not sure about the other 2 .

The last time Elite got in bed with TVX they used to use a TVX channel and licence to broadcast on freeview, i wonder if this could happen again at some point ? .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2013 20:50 by mr mystery.)
22-11-2013 12:57
Digital Dave Away
Retired

^ Given that TVX are using their pre-existing licences, as well their own frequency, it's odd that the channels are using the same EPG numbers as the defunct BB channels.

Perhaps they snapped up the contracts for the EPG slots from the outgoing licensee (SEL) at a knockdown price.
22-11-2013 13:12
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(22-11-2013 08:20 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Guessing those timings are just provisional until they get permission from ofcom to run for longer

Since when do you need permission from Ofcom to set your broadcasting hours?
22-11-2013 13:42
HannahsPet Online
Posting Machine

yes its part of the contract of the channels that they are only allowed to broadcast so many hours a day thats why BS cant run both masti chat and bikini babes in the morning and why they have to have breaks on BS daytime Extra to keep in line with there licences

did u honestly think that ofcom wouldnt go into every aspect of a channel

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2013 15:47 by HannahsPet.)
22-11-2013 15:46
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

Having a licence and purchasing 4 Sky adult channel slots is one thing and then purchasing air time to run these 4 channels independently for 24 hours is another, i don't know but i suspect TVX hasn't yet purchased all the air time required to broadcast these channels independently for 24 hours a day .

Cellcast not running both Masti Chat and Bikini Babes in the mornings and not showing live broadcasts at certain times on 906 is nothing to do with Ofcom, the Masti Chat channel Sky 906 is not Ofcom licensed or regulated by Ofcom, Sky Ch 906 is Dutch licensed and regulated by the Dutch regulator "NICAM" .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
22-11-2013 17:23
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

It seems that Ch938 and Ch941 are 24/7 channels whereas on Ch940(9am-12pm) and Ch942(6am-9am) they are only broadcasting for 3 hours, 1 of which is advertising and 2 are live broadcasting. CH935 seems to be 2 hours of advertising and 3 of live broadcasting(3pm-8pm)
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2013 21:39 by mikedafc.)
22-11-2013 18:06
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(22-11-2013 15:46 )HannahsPet Wrote:  yes its part of the contract of the channels that they are only allowed to broadcast so many hours a day thats why BS cant run both masti chat and bikini babes in the morning and why they have to have breaks on BS daytime Extra to keep in line with there licences

did u honestly think that ofcom wouldnt go into every aspect of a channel

What a complete and utter load of old tosh. Like Ofcom are really interested in what hours Babestation Daytime is on air.
22-11-2013 18:19
HannahsPet Online
Posting Machine

So ive to belive you rather than a person who was actually working for BS at the time. thats the problem with this place certain people belive what they write on here Wink

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
23-11-2013 00:26
Digital Dave Away
Retired

It's highly likely that the insider you spoke to didn't know what they were talking about. Just because they were employed by a babe channel doesn't make them an expert, far from it in fact. We've had a succession of pretty clueless babe channel reps on here over the years.

Ofcom do not regulate broadcasting hours, they regulate standards. They are supposed to make sure that what is broadcast is appropriate for the time it's broadcast and is within the law. That's it.

You should also re-read mr mystery's post regarding channel 906.
23-11-2013 03:08