Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average

The Very Important Announcement Thread Of Stuff That's Important But Kind Of Not...

Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

RE: The Very Important Announcement Thread Of Stuff That's Important But Kind Of Not...
I can see why "The Truth" took offence to the name "WogDog"..as many here know i am married to a mixed race girl and in turn have now got two mixed race kids so am more than aware of the prejudices that society can throw at people with an ethnic background just based on the colour of one's skin!
Also as the gent above rightly states, if "The Truth" has found it offensive then he had every right to at least question the origins of that particular username. I think the difficulty for some (myself included) was that he made that statement whilst having Luis Suarez as his avatar! (admittedly that has now been changed)

Personally i'd have done what Sala did and PM the poster and ask him the question outright? "Does your username have any racial connotations?" or as some might say with Suarez was he misquoted/misrepresented/misunderstood.. maybe there is as already been pointed out more to the name than we might think!

Im not on one side or the other here, i can see why someone would be offended by it, but at the same time till we know what the actual intent was i think it might be jumping the gun a little to condemn the guy before hearing him out...That being said, maybe his silence speaks volumes?
12-12-2012 23:19
Find all posts by this user
tony confederate Offline
Senior Poster

RE: The Very Important Announcement Thread Of Stuff That's Important But Kind Of Not...
(12-12-2012 23:17 )cosmonaut Wrote:  chants of Tottenham fans such as 'Yid Army' will not lead to any police action or prosecution as the word yid is not being used by them to deliberately cause offence.

Correct. That guy from the Society of Black Lawyers said he found the use of the word yid by Tottenham fans offensive, but the police quite definitely told him sorry, nothing doing. There was no intention to cause offence by Spurs fans using the word yid and therefore in the eyes of the police no harm being done, even if Jewish people or anyone else said they were were offended by it. So in the police view GIBBS LUVS DANI O is incorrect.
12-12-2012 23:45
The Truth Offline
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █

Please...let me make one thing 'CLEAR' I've not called the man/woman behind the User Name a racist,I've not asked for He/She to be castigated,I've 'Clearly' stated in my last post,I find the name 'Wogdog' offensive.
If you can't respect that,then fine.
It is however quite strange,after me seemingly clearing up the matter,some find the need to continue to try to validate the 'NAME' 'Wogdog'...Maybe I should go and White myself up and join the party.
Feel free to come down to my neck of the woods and sing out load...'wogdog' and see how many folks join in the chorus????
It would be a Bloody (claret) sing along and don't worry,I live in a pretty diverse part of London not a ghetto,so those who wish to take up the offer of coming down,will be greeted with some familiar faces.
Please excuse my belligerents...

I once again say to whoever is wogdog,I'm not calling you a racist,I'm simply offended by your 'User Name' and for that I make no apologies.

Thanks again for the kind words from the members who left some,and for those who made light of the situation,I also thank you.
13-12-2012 00:57
sala Offline
Junior Poster

(12-12-2012 23:45 )tony confederate Wrote:  
(12-12-2012 23:17 )cosmonaut Wrote:  chants of Tottenham fans such as 'Yid Army' will not lead to any police action or prosecution as the word yid is not being used by them to deliberately cause offence.

Correct. That guy from the Society of Black Lawyers said he found the use of the word yid by Tottenham fans offensive, but the police quite definitely told him sorry, nothing doing. There was no intention to cause offence by Spurs fans using the word yid and therefore in the eyes of the police no harm being done, even if Jewish people or anyone else said they were were offended by it. So in the police view GIBBS LUVS DANI O is incorrect.

Police can be funny sorts tho, what about that student who was arrested for calling a police horse ‘gay‘? I gueas if someone registed the username “GayHorse“ they could get in trouble for that. what u say lads?
13-12-2012 01:11
Don Tingley Offline
Retired

Yes, the word "wog" is used as a racist insult, but I say "the truth" should have taken his complaint to those in charge instead of bringing it up here.

Since he has posted this, in this thread the forum has been accused of being sexist, homophobic and racist, yet nobody has had the balls to name names or post anything to back up their accusations.

I haven't seen anything on the forum that backs up these accusations, all I've seen is a bunch of self-righteous people trying to sound a bit more important than what they actually are.

If you are truly offended by something, then act upon it, if you don't, then you can't really be that offended.
13-12-2012 02:10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

But at least we can all have a sensible, civilised discussion about this without peop...

...apologies, I forgot my point.
13-12-2012 02:26
elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

(13-12-2012 01:11 )sala Wrote:  Police can be funny sorts tho, what about that student who was arrested for calling a police horse ‘gay‘? I gueas if someone registed the username “GayHorse“ they could get in trouble for that. what u say lads?

I think they would be OK to register that username sala, as the charges against the student were dropped in the end. He did spend a night in the cells though after the police arrested him for being homophobic.
13-12-2012 02:29
The Truth Offline
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █

To you,and all others,I've never once gone to moderators,and I never will,because I say my shit openly to those who offend me at the time.go to page 45 in the pissed off thread and ask why I was pissed off,that post was edited by the way.
I've also had to pm people so as to not cause a stink,I've also received pm's,but hey!!! That hasn't happened right.
Don't for one second anyone,try to make out that my post doesn't hold validity,because for me it does.
My post was to make a point of principal for me,and again I make no apologies for it.
This thread in itself,for me has become a good bench mark for peoples tolerance levels...positive & negative,and I now know were I stand.
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 05:26 by The Truth.)
13-12-2012 02:50
groundnpound Offline
Posting Machine

The thread should be locked now as far as I'm concerned. Should be sorted out between yourself mate, the other person with the account in question and Admin.

Sort the mess out.

13-12-2012 02:58
Don Tingley Offline
Retired

You will never go to moderators? Well you obviously have no interest in resolving what it is that has offended you then.

People have turned up here and made accusations and some even implying that those in charge are somehow supporting racism.

The people in charge are very helpful and quick to sort out members' complaints, yet you have made no effort whatsoever to act on your complaints. It just seems to me that this whole thread has done a massive disservice to those who watch over this place.
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 03:16 by Don Tingley.)
13-12-2012 03:13
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS