Posting Machine

RE: Babestation - General Chat & Discussion
better from bs tonight no lolly or lori hogging the beds
27-08-2012 00:08
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TURNIPHEAD Offline
Master Poster

I only flick through the BS channels to see if Michelle Thorne is on the bed otherwise i do not watch the Babestation crap
They are always pushing the sale of photos ,but who is going to pay for nude photos of the girls when there is such a vast number of explicit photos free of charge on the internet
27-08-2012 00:34
Ultramantis Black Away
Account Closed

(27-08-2012 00:34 )TURNIPHEAD Wrote:  They are always pushing the sale of photos ,but who is going to pay for nude photos of the girls when there is such a vast number of explicit photos free of charge on the internet
I've never understood this. Why would, say Lolly's fans, pay £3 for a photo of her when you can find far harder, more graphic stuff of her all over the net for free?
27-08-2012 00:46
rj242 Offline
Senior Poster

The usual fun debate: who is correct - fanboys with anecdotal evidence of more phone waving or producers (whose jobs depend on getting this right) with actual call statistics.

12-15 months ago the big three were Lolly, Amanda and Camilla but now Amanda is gone and Camilla's role has been significantly reduced - this is a harsh business and if you don't deliver (or are more trouble than you are worth) you will be gone or at least pushed down the pecking order.

To me the problem is that the format of the show does not allow the girls to really establish themselves. On the beds the girls are restricted in the positions they are allowed to do and there is very little movement from anybody. On top of that there is very little freedom on the mic where the girls can get their personality across and interactions between the girls during changeovers have been eliminated. Essentially the things that made Lolly and Lori popular in the first place have been removed.

Over the years the production of the show has become much more slick and professional but at the same time they have eliminated all spontaneity and unpredictability. It used to be the case that one of the attractions of watching was that you never knew when one of the girls was going to say or do something crazy but now every night seems the same as all girls follow the 'script'.

Tonight is the perfect example - No Lolly or Lori so the guys who dislike them should be happy, a lot of girls I like on so I should be happy but is anybody going to pretend that this was a great show. To be fair I only had it on the background (it was either this or 24hr news) and was not exactly watching closely but it just seemed to be another case of girls going through the motions. I know that Ofcom have forced the channels to be less risque but the shows don't seem fun anymore, the girls don't appear to be enjoying themselves and that comes across to the viewer and I don't think that all the issues can be blamed on Ofcom.

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for some of the younger girls as they try to establish themselves but are given few opportunities and are forced to use twitter etc to try and build a following. Essentially they are in a catch 22 situation where they can't get screentime until they prove they can bring in calls, they can't bring in calls until they are established but they can't get established until they get screentime.

I think that another issue is the fact that the channels do not actually employ the girls (Letesha has mentioned that technically she is self employed, and Lolly mentioned having to pay her own NI recently which would indicate that she is also self employed) and because of this there is little incentive for the channels to build the girls up (as they risk losing them to rival channels) which makes it much harder for a non established girl to break out from the pack and become a moneymaker for the channel. The flipside is by not investing in the girls Babestation is forced to rely on the same 'stars' to make them money.
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2012 07:14 by rj242.)
27-08-2012 05:40
bytor Offline
Posting Machine

(26-08-2012 19:18 )Woiiii Wrote:  I'm almost very certain if Clare Richards came on every night for the next 3 weeks, hours on end there would be no complaints.

Yes there would be-variety is the spice of life.
27-08-2012 08:34
bytor Offline
Posting Machine

(27-08-2012 05:40 )rj242 Wrote:  The usual fun debate: who is correct - fanboys with anecdotal evidence of more phone waving or producers (whose jobs depend on getting this right) with actual call statistics.
Calling people derogatory names like fanboy does not add validity to your argument.
This is a forum-It's where people come to air their views.
I recall you have quite rightly pointed out in the past that nobody is made to watch these shows and if they do not like them then they can switch over.
Surely the same could be said about your constant haranguing of those complaining-if you don't like the thread why bother with it?
Do you come in here in the faint hope things might have improved?
That could be just the very reason some people watch BS and when it hasn't they come in here to vent their spleen. Not sure but just a thought.
Perhaps the forum should have a thread dedicated just to complaints and ideas for improvements from viewers and callers but I fear that this 'General Chat' thread would then become very quiet, with the exception of you and one or two others.
27-08-2012 09:20
Shawnwilson Offline
Senior Poster

Can someone please give me the full s.p on why paige tyler left the channels, as I was away when it happened. and talk of her recently on this forum has made me miss her so much!!! Thanks.
27-08-2012 09:44
jennifer Offline
Danger Girl

I'd love to hear about that too. Paige was one of my Top 3 favourites of all time. She was so different from all the others, and I really miss her.
27-08-2012 09:50
jennifer Offline
Danger Girl

(27-08-2012 05:40 )rj242 Wrote:  I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for some of the younger girls as they try to establish themselves but are given few opportunities and are forced to use twitter etc to try and build a following. Essentially they are in a catch 22 situation where they can't get screentime until they prove they can bring in calls, they can't bring in calls until they are established but they can't get established until they get screentime.
I realise that I'm restricted to the Freeview channels, and I'm probably missing a lot, but it seems to me that the newer girls are all very cautious compared to the ones that got me watching in the first place - Amanda, Stevie etc. You never knew what they'd do! And Jada and Paige were lovely, natural girls who liked to get naked. Most of the newer girls are very hesitant about getting naked, they seem very static and stay in the same position for ages, and they don't do anything interesting or informative, never mind exciting or risky. By "informative" I mean getting into natural, straightforward positions that show what their bodies really look like. I love it when they stand up and show themselves from various angles.

I won't complain about Lori because she's a gorgeous woman, not too skinny, and she tries so hard! Maybe not as great as when she was on Elite, but still the hardest trier on BS and she seems to like girls!
27-08-2012 10:13
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(27-08-2012 09:44 )Shawnwilson Wrote:  Can someone please give me the full s.p on why paige tyler left the channels, as I was away when it happened. and talk of her recently on this forum has made me miss her so much!!! Thanks.

Her threads are here now http://www.babeshows.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=119

Have a read back through the discussion thread and you'll know as much as the rest of us Smile
27-08-2012 10:31

Click here to watch Babestation TV