Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
In terms of phone in babe channel numbers BS/Cellcast have the most (7), they have 3 on Sky and 4 live channels on freeview (3 free to air and 1 encrypted) they also have 2 on freeview that just show adverts for a hour or so (Babestation 2 and Blue) the Sky and freeview free to air channels may show the same feed but they are separate channels with separate licence's and EPG slots and air time to be paid for. RLC/Playboy have 5 , 4 live Sky shows and 1 freeview channel , they also have RL RIO making 6 if it ever starts , STD 66 has 4 Sky only channels . So if you base the size around the number of separate tv channels that a company has then BS/Cellcast is the largest followed by RLC and then STD 66.
If i remember correctly Jamie once said Elite TV was about quality over quantity . In babe channel terms Biggest doesn't always translate to a channel being best .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 18:57 by mr mystery.)
12-08-2012 18:39
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

^ Sounds about right to me.

I just hope they buy better phones soon, so that the women don't have to end the night early like on Thursday morning.

No more broken phones!!! Also, the other women should learn to share with the others, so that there isn't a phone shortage Tongue
12-08-2012 19:01
Woiiii Offline
Senior Poster

(12-08-2012 18:05 )KerrAvon Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 18:02 )Woiiii Wrote:  RLC are the alternative. Like you mentioned people got fed up of Babestation (Labour) and Studio 66 (Tories) and started to look at RLC (The Lib Dems). We all know they're not as big as Babestation or Studio 66.

It'd be interesting to hear how you define big. Are you basing it on the past or current criteria? RLC have 4 channels with a 5th on hold, Elite have 4, Babestation have 3 (with FV) plus Xtreme (to the detriment of the others some feel). Roster wise I'd say RLC have the edge.

What makes Babestation and Studio 66 bigger than RLC?

Babestation would be bigger than RLC because they're more famous/well known. They're probably the ones people think of when you mention this sort of thing.

As for on this forum, I would take in post count. The Babestation section has about 99.5k posts, Studio 66 have 93.3k and RLC have 40k. This isn't obviously the most accurate measurement for how big a channel is compared to another channel it gives us a hint imo.
12-08-2012 19:11
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

^^^Channel post counts on this forum could also be a indication of how long a channel as been transmitting , BS the longest followed by Elite/STD 66 and then RLC , maybe if RLC had been going since this forum started like BS have then they would probably have a bigger post count than they now have .
To be honest i don't think channel post counts mean that much when determining which channel is the biggest or best .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 19:35 by mr mystery.)
12-08-2012 19:22
Woiiii Offline
Senior Poster

(12-08-2012 19:22 )mr mystery Wrote:  ^^^Channel post counts on this forum could also be a indication of how long a channel as been transmitting , BS the longest followed by Elite/STD 66 and then RLC , maybe if RLC had been going since this forum started like BS have then they would probably have a bigger post count than they now have .

Yes I agree. But in that case wouldn't they then be the more popular one? It's normally the older franchises which are the most famous/popular. Again if you look at 3 main political parties we have here, the two biggest ones: Labour and the Conservatives were founded over 100 years ago. The Lib Dems? About 24 years.
12-08-2012 19:34
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(12-08-2012 19:34 )Woiiii Wrote:  Yes I agree. But in that case wouldn't they then be the more popular one? It's normally the older franchises which are the most famous/popular. Again if you look at 3 main political parties we have here, the two biggest ones: Labour and the Conservatives were founded over 100 years ago. The Lib Dems? About 24 years.

The Lib Dems grew out of the old Liberal Party, which is older than the Labour Party by quite a margin.

Sheffield FC is the oldest football club still playing. They play in the Northern Premier League Division One South. Hardly one of the biggest, most popular, or most famous clubs in the land!

Trying to use overall post count on this forum to judge channel popularity is nonsense as the channels were formed at different times, so clearly the older channels will have an advantage.

A better measure may be to compare recent post count, i.e. number of posts in the last month or 6 months.
Even that doesn't necessarily tell us much, other than the fact that channel X had more posts on this forum. Another channel might still have more viewers, more callers, or be pulling more revenue.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
12-08-2012 21:44
Woiiii Offline
Senior Poster

(12-08-2012 21:44 )munch1917 Wrote:  The Lib Dems grew out of the old Liberal Party, which is older than the Labour Party by quite a margin.

Sheffield FC is the oldest football club still playing. They play in the Northern Premier League Division One South. Hardly one of the biggest, most popular, or most famous clubs in the land!

Trying to use overall post count on this forum to judge channel popularity is nonsense as the channels were formed at different times, so clearly the older channels will have an advantage.

A better measure may be to compare recent post count, i.e. number of posts in the last month or 6 months.
Even that doesn't necessarily tell us much, other than the fact that channel X had more posts on this forum. Another channel might still have more viewers, more callers, or be pulling more revenue.

Yes I know the Lib Dems grew out of the Liberal party (Well not really they merged with the Social Democrats, who were formed in 1981). That would be a decent argument if RLC were the continuation of anything or two groups coming together. But as far as I know that's not the case

I'll give you a point on the Sheffield case but then what about United and Liverpool? Probably the two most famous/successful clubs...and surprise surprise they are indeed very old with both being over 100 years. Generally the older something is the more likely they would be well known/successful.

I'm there are dozens of better ways to measure popularity, or how famous a channel is.

Which way is the easiest, most simple and takes up the least time while also proving my point about how the older something is the more likely they're going to be more popular/bigger? Checking the post count.
13-08-2012 03:31
oklahoma001 Offline
Posting Machine

(13-08-2012 03:31 )Woiiii Wrote:  Which way is the easiest, most simple and takes up the least time while also proving my point about how the older something is the more likely they're going to be more popular/bigger? Checking the post count.
More specifically you should be checking how many different users posted in that rather than post count. Which thread is more popular? The one with 10 posts made by the same person. Or the one with 10 posts made by 10 different people?

Now can anyone even remember what this discussion is about without checking back 2 pages? Something about politicians turned soccer players? Wink
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2012 04:25 by oklahoma001.)
13-08-2012 04:24
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

I Blame boris johnsons dancing for the last two pages Big Grin

[Image: bKCUN.gif]

Tumblr - Suicide Girls
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2012 04:33 by gazfc.)
13-08-2012 04:32
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Truth Offline
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █

Well going off topic and talking about the channels actual content tonight laugh It's been a pretty good night on Studio 66 from Claire and her amazing Bubble work Sasha & Addison's nudie stints and Bekiie getting her chance to do some good solo work,all in all not a bad sunday night.
Nice!!!!!
13-08-2012 04:36