Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Rating:
  • 150 Vote(s) - 3.07 Average

Babestation - General Chat & Discussion

mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

RE: Babestation - General Chat & Discussion
(03-06-2012 20:38 )rj242 Wrote:  
(03-06-2012 20:20 )mr mystery Wrote:  Not a massive gamble at all if you use it for a short time as a trial to see how it works , also xxXpanded is not on freeview , so those on freeview that are motivated by price don't already have a cheaper tv option . As i keep saying it already works for Masti Chat .

Masti Chat is a dayshow so it is not a valid comparison and if it was a huge success why have they not reduced the price of their other dayshows?

How much money are you prepared to lose in your 'experiment' bearing in mind that all bills will have to be paid as usual including the girls whoI would imagine are the most expensive? Also I am fairly certain that I remember them trying this trial price cut before (may have been another channel, can't remember), but they quickly and quietly went back to fullprice.

It doesn't matter if the show is a day or night show , you ring the girl have a chat and spend your money , it's all the same profit or loss wise ,the money still goes to Cellcast , if Masti wasn't a success then why is the show still going ? , Cellcast won't be running the show as a loss that's for sure .
You ask the question "how much money are you prepared to lose in the experiment" , well it should be quite soon to tell if cheaper calls leads to increased revenue or not , Cellcast will have all the info call stat wise . Also how much longer do you think Cellcast should continue using high price phone calls when they are experiencing diminishing revenues before they try something different ? . With Cellcast being in the red and suffering a down turn in revenue attributed to the present economical state of the country then they need to try something different .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 21:58 by mr mystery.)
03-06-2012 21:35
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rj242 Offline
Senior Poster

I never said Masti was a failure but noted that they have not applied that price structure to their other daytime brand - why not if it is so successful? Also the type of caller who will call at night is different to the dayshow caller since the girls cannot have phone sex during the day which will limit the number of people prepared to call (as well as the fact that most people are at work).

What gives you the impression that Cellcast or any other channel is experiencing diminishing revenues and need a different approach? Have you seen any figures or are you merely basing your view on anecdotal evidence such as "the girls don't look busy".

Also with the idea of a trial price cut - you would need to advertise the cut and then give it time to take effect. There is no point trying it for a day or two and then drawing conclusions so you are going to need to give it at least two weeks or more before you could draw an accurate conclusion one way or another.

edit - you refer to Cellcast being in the red. While I have not seen evidence for that I will take your word for it and I would remind you that a) Cellcast consists of much more than just Babestation and it is unclear whether all of Cellcast or merely certain parts are causing profits to drop and b) If one branch of the company is suffering then rather than cut prices a more effective method is to cut costs which would mean cutting salaries, eliminating unnecessary expenditure and if things are really bad then sacking people.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 22:20 by rj242.)
03-06-2012 21:59
mr mystery Away

(03-06-2012 21:59 )rj242 Wrote:  I never said Masti was a failure but noted that they have not applied that price structure to their other daytime brand - why not if it is so successful? Also the type of caller who will call at night is different to the dayshow caller since the girls cannot have phone sex during the day which will limit the number of people prepared to call (as well as the fact that most people are at work).

What gives you the impression that Cellcast or any other channel is experiencing diminishing revenues and need a different approach? Have you seen any figures or are you merely basing your view on anecdotal evidence such as "the girls don't look busy".

Also with the idea of a trial price cut - you would need to advertise the cut and then give it time to take effect. There is no point trying it for a day or two and then drawing conclusions so you are going to need to give it at least two weeks or more before you could draw an accurate conclusion one way or another.

Firstly it doesn't matter if the caller calls at day or night they still have to pay , just remember some people work shifts , ie day's, afters and night's , plus a lot of people are probably in bed late in the night/early morning so that nullifies the people that are at work during the day .

Cellcast said themselves that they had experienced a down turn in revenue in the last part of last year and are under going a cost cutting exercise , the latest financial figures for the early part of this year haven't been released yet to my knowledge .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 22:15 by mr mystery.)
03-06-2012 22:15
rj242 Offline
Senior Poster

If you call during the day you will realise that there is a huge difference between day and night and significantly less people will be interested in paying to merely flirt with the models and have them tell you about their day.

Also I am not surprised with the Cellcast approach. It is much easier to return to profitability by cutting costs rather than cutting prices and increasing sales by over 50%. Also by cutting prices you make profit margins razor thin so even a small drop in calls will put you back in financial trouble.
03-06-2012 22:26
mr mystery Away

(03-06-2012 22:26 )rj242 Wrote:  If you call during the day you will realise that there is a huge difference between day and night and significantly less people will be interested in paying to merely flirt with the models and have them tell you about their day.

I have called many of the shows on both day and nights in the past and still on rare occasions do so , the price now puts me off calling the more expensive channels . Some channels now legally do dirty talk on the day shows by the way . You should check out the best babe for having a day time wank thread to see that the girls on the channels that don't legally do dirty talk don't always talk about their day
. Do you know for a fact that significantly less people will be interested in calling the day shows compared to nights ? .

03-06-2012 23:11
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

Cutting the call cost may well increase the calls but it will be short lived as callers will find it harder to get through, get pissed off and go elsewhere. Calls will possibly settle at a higher level but not high enough to compensate for the price cut.

They're more likely to put the price up and gamble on the fanboys and random drunks continuing to call, regardless.

I think a better idea would be to cut the price of listening in and leave the call price as it is, for a trial period. This could well increase the total call rate significantly without clogging up the lines for the guys who actually want to speak to the girls and would be less of a gamble than a blanket price cut.
03-06-2012 23:20
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

To Be honest as an ex caller to the show wouldnt call again even if the the price was 75p to 1£ a min for a couple of reasons

1 the girls i would call are no longer there
2 the chance of actually speaking to the girl and not getting girl at home option for first couple mins of a stint so u have to pay £4 quid a couple of times to get thru
3 the quality of the sound of phone call
4 the girl getting interupted every couple of mins
5 threat of getting bumped back to menu to make way for fake girl caller

i have cut my calls right down to 1 or 2 a month usally to redlight or elite using voipay as its cheaper

do the new girls have a ready made fanboy base yet have to say it was prob the old girls fanboys that kept the phones as busy as they were Wink

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 23:37 by HannahsPet.)
03-06-2012 23:35
rj242 Offline
Senior Poster

(03-06-2012 23:11 )mr mystery Wrote:  Do you know for a fact that significantly less people will be interested in calling the day shows compared to nights ? .

I don't think that anyone one this forum knows anything for a fact but if you look at the number of posts on babestation nights - 95204 and compare to babestation days - 23548, it is not unreasonable to assume nights are more popular and while I appreciate that more people do shift work, there are more available viewers/callers at night since they are much fewer nightshift workers.

I agree that prices are more likely to go up than down (although I don't really think they will change either way). Varying the price of listening in is interesting but I'm not sure how it would work in practice since you would need different phone lines set at different prices.

To be honest though, cutting your profit margins is not the smartest move - if profitability is an issue then a business needs to look at cutting costs.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 23:41 by rj242.)
03-06-2012 23:36
mr mystery Away

(03-06-2012 23:36 )rj242 Wrote:  
(03-06-2012 23:11 )mr mystery Wrote:  Do you know for a fact that significantly less people will be interested in calling the day shows compared to nights ? .

I don't think that anyone one this forum knows anything for a fact but if you look at the number of posts on babestation nights - 95204 and compare to babestation days - 23548, it is not unreasonable to assume nights are more popular and while I appreciate that more people do shift work, there are more available viewers/callers at night since they are much fewer nightshift workers.

I don't think that posts made on this forum can be used to represent call stats when comparing call volumes for day and night shows , but it seems the most replied to thread on this forum is the "today i'm loving" thread with 16,307 posts , the tonight i'm loving thread has 13,939 posts , so if your using posts to assume which is more popular then the day shows are more popular because more people have replied to the today i'm loving thread .

Like i've said before people work shifts so don't always get to see the shows at night , yes there probably is fewer night shift workers , but people go to bed at night , not many people watch the shows all night long , in fact i'd say that there is probably more people watching and calling during daytime hours than there is in early hours of the morning when adult content is still allowed .

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 00:30 by mr mystery.)
04-06-2012 00:27
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(03-06-2012 23:36 )rj242 Wrote:  To be honest though, cutting your profit margins is not the smartest move - if profitability is an issue then a business needs to look at cutting costs.

No-one voluntarily cuts their profit margins. If profitability is an issue then all aspects of the business need looked at. If costs are the problem then, of course, they need to be cut but if the problem is falling revenue then focusing solely on cutting costs to counter it will just put the business into a downward spiral.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 00:33 by The Silent Majority.)
04-06-2012 00:30

Click here to watch Babestation TV