Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

RE: Elite TV - General Chat & Discussion
yes, but im not saying theyre stricter then everyone else's rules. i was saying they are stricter in general than they were in the past which applies to the other channels too. the rules for all the channels have got stricter

Piper Niven Superfan
08-05-2012 10:04
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ed Knoll Offline
Account closed

As someone who has only been watching under the news rules I would agree that Elite had a very good night last night. Victoria in her tiny pink knickers was the pick for me with Paige putting in another great shift. Whilst not my cuppa of tea I can see the attraction for others. For night time babes Elite has always been my "go to" option. Regrettably had visitors over the weekend so missed Cara's debut but hope she will be back soon.

Was addicted to the babes - now addicted to the Babe Forum
08-05-2012 11:09
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(08-05-2012 10:04 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  yes, but im not saying theyre stricter then everyone else's rules. i was saying they are stricter in general than they were in the past which applies to the other channels too. the rules for all the channels have got stricter

In 2010 the free to air babe channels were re-categorised by Ofcom as adult teleshopping services , so don't have the same freedom as editorial programs do , from what i read about this at that time the rules weren't made stricter , they were just cleared up , Ofcom gave definite times for the channels to move into showing more explicit material , the no boobs out before 10pm rule was brought in and no nakedness before 11pm was brought in , i have not seen anywhere that states other new stricter content rules were brought in at that time apart from the no babe channels on freeview before 12am rule . Ofcom said at the time the new rules would not effect the BS channels with a Dutch licence .
The main rule change came in late 2007 when pussy rubbing was banned , everything else apart from the pussy rubbing and various content start times seems to about the same , the 2-4-1's were jumped on by Ofcom that's for sure , but i'm not sure if new rules were brought in or if Ofcom just made sure existing rules were adhered to . I believe the channels a lot of the time censor themselves to some degree because they know if a slip or something does happen that breaches the rules other channels will report them to Ofcom or Ofcom themselves will be routinely monitoring them , it just seems to me that Ofcom are making sure that channels stick to the rules much more than they used to and don't give them any leeway and jump on them at every opportunity , so channels are playing safe .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 13:35 by mr mystery.)
08-05-2012 11:55
Ed Knoll Offline
Account closed

Think you are right. All the channels play it safe. I am sure they have dialogue to see what is acceptable. I have heard a few of the day time show babes mention about what they are allowed to do as well (knicker flashes etc) and how strict things have become. I would think a lot of these rules are more self imposed judging by what you see compared with say some of the content on the music channel video sites during the day.

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 12:37 by Ed Knoll.)
08-05-2012 12:36
dan g 27 Offline
Hairy Fucker

(08-05-2012 12:36 )kendoll Wrote:  Think you are right. All the channels play it safe. I am sure they have dialogue to see what is acceptable. I have heard a few of the day time show babes mention about what they are allowed to do as well (knicker flashes etc) and how strict things have become. I would think a lot of these rules are more self imposed judging by what you see compared with say some of the content on the music channel video sites during the day.

I think I heard a few weeks ago in the DM that there are going to be rules on some of the content shown on music videos
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 12:46 by dan g 27.)
08-05-2012 12:45
Starblade Offline
:|

I have just sparked up the sky box for the first time in about 10 months. All I can say is fuck me those Elite graphics are annoying. I am a bit late to the party I know ( I very rarely watch television ). It's impossible NOT to be distracted. Bad. Bad, bad, bad Sad
08-05-2012 17:46
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Without a shadow of a doubt Elite have been playing it safe, I've also been banging on about this for months that the rules now are exactly the same as they were 2 years ago, I've never once complained about not seeing the pussy as I know that currently it's forbidden, but non explicit nakedness after 11PM is allowed including the hand thongs and oil shows, as for the 2 for 1's being banned, well to be honest that's debatable.

Elite like so many other channels have applied their own form of self censorship and that's what's pissed off me and other forum members. We have seen glimpses recently of the show getting better again but in all honesty going by 2010 standards if what was shown then that has been shown recently it would have rightly been referred to as tame show's such was the brilliance of the output at the time.

Anyway summer is approaching so the weather will be getting hotter, the big question remains will this also apply to Elite I wonder Cool
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 18:15 by Scottishbloke.)
08-05-2012 18:06
Ed Knoll Offline
Account closed

Agree about the graphics. I realise they have to advertise to get their income but seems to be over the top at the present. Especially with the new option banner as well. Seems like a graphic designers wet dream.

08-05-2012 18:30
KerrAvon Offline
Posting Machine

Perhaps if Scottishbloke would be kind enough to sign an agreement with Elite to pay any of the fines Ofcom may give them from underhanded complaints, then I'm sure Jamie will give us the shows you want.

Go on, do it for us SB. There'll be a drink or two in it for you Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 18:38 by KerrAvon.)
08-05-2012 18:31
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

KerrAvon even by your standards that's a ridiculas statement to be coming out with Rolleyes Elite have been playing it safe now for months and to my knowledge they've never really had any fines from Ofcom anyway, yes they've had a few warnings yes but that's been on the very rare occasion. Warnings because a fine just couldn't be justified, but feel free to buy me a few pints when you see me next, that'll be be just grande Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 19:13 by Scottishbloke.)
08-05-2012 19:12