Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

MyFreeCams Tech Issues

marshall123 Offline
satan's got a seat warm for me

RE: MyFreecams.com
has anyone had problems viewing a cam i keep getting a message when i try to view the webcam it says
You May Not Access This Chat Room
You do not have permission to enter the selected chat room. It is possible that you were banned by the model. It is also possible that this chat room is by invitation only. Please load the Homepage to visit other models on our website and you may try to access this chat room again later. If you have any questions, please Contact Us.

if someone can help me i would be grateful i have not been banned from her this is her profile
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/LexieStarr
23-03-2012 20:28
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trickster Offline
Formerly Bring Back Minnie

Lol the message means u have been BANNED from the room

Mariam ChatGirlTV Hottest Babe Channel Girl!!!
23-03-2012 20:36
ponyman Offline
Apprentice Poster

Theres ways around being banned, and also seeing the UK girls that block the UK Wink
23-03-2012 21:04
marshall123 Offline

if i have been banned i don't know why? today is the first day i tried to view her cam and it came up with that message every other cam i go on works
23-03-2012 21:49
Trickster Offline
Formerly Bring Back Minnie

(23-03-2012 21:04 )ponyman Wrote:  Theres ways around being banned, and also seeing the UK girls that block the UK Wink

Pls tell mate

Mariam ChatGirlTV Hottest Babe Channel Girl!!!
23-03-2012 22:45
Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

(23-03-2012 22:45 )Trickster Wrote:  Pls tell mate

Bounce Trickster will do anything to get that 200tks back from Jessy Big Grin
23-03-2012 23:00
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

RE: MyFreeCams Tech Issues
(23-03-2012 20:28 )marshall123 Wrote:  ...
if someone can help me i would be grateful i have not been banned from her this is her profile
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/LexieStarr

Just noticed she was online again. I was able to view her room briefly, then got the banned message.

Could be an MFC error, I've seen it a few times recently, but usually a page reload fixes that, so unlikely here.

My guess was she barred UK members, so I tried accessing through Tor with a US ip address, and same thing, banned, even when logged out of that account (in case she had banned my account).
The account I was using is a basic account, so I'm wondering if there's some way to ban basics and guests, though I'm not aware of that, as surely virtually all models would do so instead of just banning them from chatting. Otherwise, maybe she has banned US members as well, in which case I don't know who she's aiming at.

Only other thing is as it says on the banned message, the room could be invite only. I've not seen the invite system in use, but I know of one model who uses it do group shows with regulars only, but as I understand, it removes the models room from the homepage when its happening, so wouldn't explain this, as her room is on the homepage and her preview image is accessible.

So after all that, I don't know whats occurring or how or why Smile
A bit odd and a bit curious, but no big deal to me personally, she seems cute enough, but there's plenty others there Smile

munch

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
24-03-2012 04:04
marshall123 Offline

thanks munch at least it is not just me then
24-03-2012 21:21
Digital Dave Away
Retired

Munch, was it you who used Tor to get into MFC?

I've downloaded Tor out of interest as I'd like to access some American music sites. I tried it with MFC but couldn't get the site to load. I think this is because Tor blocks flash. I've tried enabling flash for that site but still it doesn't want to know. Any tips?
03-04-2012 11:07
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(03-04-2012 11:07 )Digital Dave Wrote:  Munch, was it you who used Tor to get into MFC?

I've downloaded Tor out of interest as I'd like to access some American music sites. I tried it with MFC but couldn't get the site to load. I think this is because Tor blocks flash. I've tried enabling flash for that site but still it doesn't want to know. Any tips?

I haven't really used it, but I seem to recall suggesting it as a possible option Smile

I just tried it and got it working. Here's what I had to do :

I use the portable tor-bundle for windows, which includes an already configured firefox. This has the NoScript addon installed blocking scripts, and also doesn't have the flash plug-in, so will be some work to get the likes of MFC working in there.
If you go into the firefox settings, you can see the proxy settings used to run it through the tor connection, and can use these same settings in another browser.

My main browser is chrome (actually the slightly more secure Iron version) and I have the Proxy Switcher extension added. I use the proxy settings from the tor firefox in Proxy Switcher to allow me to run my normal browser through the tor connection, complete with flash etc.

So, I fire up the tor-bundle, and once running, I switch chrome to the tor proxy. I use the torproject page to check that I am actually running through tor, and all is well. Now goto MFC, and it is working fine (at least for testing, the connection may be a bit slow and cause disconnects or poor quality for extended viewing).

I've tried through various online proxies in the past, and it can be some effort finding ones that work, and the connection through them is usually pretty slow and liable to disconnect, but it can be done with some time and effort.
Like anything, if you really need to do something like this regularly, you will likely need to pay a few bucks for a decent proxy service or vpn or similar.

Smile

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
03-04-2012 12:27