Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

RE: Elite TV - General Chat & Discussion
(03-03-2012 12:19 )TheWatcher Wrote:  All this talk about Dutch licences allowing more freedom is irrevelant.
It was in 2010 that ofcom re-defined the shows as advertising/teleshopping channels, which have tighter rules. That is why none of them are as good as they were 2 years ago.
All the shows are bound by ofcom's advertising rules, not by something from the Netherlands.

The BS channels with the Dutch licence were not re-defined as teleshopping channels in 2010 by Ofcom , Ofcom themselves said the Cellcast channels with the Dutch licence would be uninfected by the new rules because they do not regulate them , Ofcom stated no free to air babe channel using a Ofcom Teleshopping/advertisement licence can transmit before 12am on freeview , BS channels with the Dutch Adult content non Ofcom Teleshopping Licence start at 10pm and 11pm respectively . Ofcom have said it many times BS is out of their jurisdiction because they are not regulated by them even when transmitting on UK tv . NICAM regulates BS .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 16:18 by mr mystery.)
03-03-2012 13:10
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(03-03-2012 13:10 )mr mystery Wrote:  The BS channels with the Dutch licence were not re-defined as telescoping channels in 2010 by Ofcom , Ofcom themselves said the Cellcast channels with the Dutch licence would be uninfected by the new rules because they do not regulate them , Ofcom stated no free to air babe channel using a Ofcom Telleshopping/advertisement licence can transmit before 12am on freeview , BS channels with the Dutch Adult content non Ofcom Teleshopping Licence start at 10pm and 11pm respectively . Ofcom have said it many times BS is out of their jurisdiction because they are not regulated by them even when transmitting on UK tv . NICAM regulates BS .

Its very curious then, that the BS shows tamed down considerably, around the time of the teleshopping redefinitions taking place. Huh
03-03-2012 13:21
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(03-03-2012 13:21 )TheWatcher Wrote:  Its very curious then, that the BS shows tamed down considerably, around the time of the teleshopping redefinitions taking place. Huh

The answer to this lies in the fact that only BS1 Ch 906 on Sky has a Dutch licence , the others are Ofcom regulated , BS1 simulcasts after 12am with BS1 freeview Ch94 , freeview Ch 94 doesn't have a Dutch licence it has a Ofcom licence , so what is shown cannot be more explicit than what can be shown using a Ofcom licence , the same goes for the other BS channels but the other way round , freeview Ch 95 has a Dutch licence but the equivalent channel that shows the same feed on Sky Ch 910 has a Ofcom licence , so can also only show material that can be shown with a Ofcom licence .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
03-03-2012 13:36
Pyro Offline
Posting Machine

(03-03-2012 12:40 )mrmann Wrote:  I would agree with this, but will say that what really separated them from the other channels in the past was the solo sessions, where full frontal was pretty much shown for Jada, Karina, Stevie and Camilla at times. Surprisingly, that's actually stopped despite the 2-4-1s going strong and some great solo sessions, and the women tend to keep their hands covering themselves when on the back position, whereas they never used to in the past. As fo sucking fingers, well I think they can on Babestation, because why would that be an issue if it's not on for Elite?

Sorry to piss on your cornflakes mrmann but I've spoken to Georgie while she was at BS and she said she wasn't allowed to do it and the same applies to the other BS girls I guess!!! While on Elite Sophia and Dionne have got this down to a mighty fine artBig Grin

"Defeat is a common fate of a soldier. There is nothing to be ashamed of in it. The great point is whether we have performed our duty"

(Marshal-Admiral Marquis Tōgō Heihachirō)
03-03-2012 13:48
William H Bonney Offline
More sinned against than sinning

(03-03-2012 11:53 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  also this talk of elite and bs merging is a load of rubbish, there is more chance of me playing for man utd than that happening.

You are wrong Rammyrascal. The chances are both are zero, so there is not more chance of you playing for Man Utd, there is an equal chance.
03-03-2012 13:55
cmiller Offline
Ofcom can suck my sweaty balls

(03-03-2012 12:40 )mrmann Wrote:  As fo sucking fingers, well I think they can on Babestation, because why would that be an issue if it's not on for Elite?

someone from Elite said that they are all subject to the same rules but at different times. which sounds like Ofcom concentrates on/targets one channel at a time.

i remember when the change happened because Lolly started to do this, looked off-screen and then stopped. a few of them have done it occasionally but only very briefly.

(03-03-2012 13:36 )mr mystery Wrote:  only BS1 Ch 906 on Sky has a Dutch licence , the others are Ofcom regulated , BS1 simulcasts after 12am with BS1 freeview Ch94 , freeview Ch 94 doesn't have a Dutch licence it has a Ofcom licence , so what is shown cannot be more explicit than what can be shown using a Ofcom licence , the same goes for the other BS channels but the other way round , freeview Ch 95 has a Dutch licence but the equivalent channel that shows the same feed on Sky Ch 910 has a Ofcom licence , so can also only show material that can be shown with a Ofcom licence .

well that makes this Dutch licence pretty pointless. if only it could switch on either Sky or Freeview, then the Babestation girls can go crazy!
03-03-2012 13:58
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

(03-03-2012 13:03 )dan g 27 Wrote:  I hope Paige Turnah goes nude again tonight

hope so too. or paige and lexi share a bed. another strong lineup tonight, with clare richards, lexi and paige turnah all on

Piper Niven Superfan
03-03-2012 14:31
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

(03-03-2012 13:48 )Pyro Wrote:  
(03-03-2012 12:40 )mrmann Wrote:  As fo sucking fingers, well I think they can on Babestation, because why would that be an issue if it's not on for Elite?

Sorry to piss on your cornflakes mrmann but I've spoken to Georgie while she was at BS and she said she wasn't allowed to do it and the same applies to the other BS girls I guess!!! While on Elite Sophia and Dionne have got this down to a mighty fine artBig Grin

That's great but it still makes no frickin sense! Elite has tamer shows, but allows finger sucking, yet Babestation has less tame shows and won't allow it bladewave. Is everyone on acid????

BTW I'm not a fan of finger sucking anyway.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 17:24 by mrmann.)
03-03-2012 17:24
misterG Offline
Senior Poster

Well with the news that paige is moving to elite, seems I may have to start watching it.
But I have a serious question for all the guys here who think that elite is so good - why?

In my opinion, the biggest shame about paige changing channels is that she'll no longer be on freeview - not that I don't have satellite, just that the freeview pic quality is streets ahead and in comparison makes the satellite pic look like an enlarged webstream (on bs anyway - I've never actually seen the elite show on freeview as never seems to be on when I check - if it's working, I guess it must be a 2am start, so not much good to me).

But that aside and comparing the satellite channels, apart from a few shows where lori has been lori, and a few occasional shows from sophie or caty, they are nowhere near as adventurous as the other channels. It seems that whenever I flick onto elite, there's a girl face down on a bed - and then, she lays face down on the bed a bit longer - and then I flick to another channel. (EDIT: to be fair, I should have added...where i find another girl face down on a bed.)

EDIT - removed as just checked their website and I got this bit wrong.

Appreciate their osg is better, but if the girls aren't doing anything, it doesn't really matter if you can see the whole screen or not.

So I'm confused - the channel (from the top 4) with the least entertaining shows and most static girls, with tv picture quality that is a negligable improvement. And I see comments about 'great' shows but have never seen any great caps or vids.

Yet I have to respect that so many of you, particularly long standing members, hold them in such high regard.

I'm not aware of the history of these channels or network with any of the characters, and appreciate taste and quality are subjective, but is this because I'm missing something and the quality of elite shows really is better, or does it all come down to politics? (buddy 'Jamie' vs the devil incarnate type of thing)
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 01:04 by misterG.)
03-03-2012 19:45
NIGHTWATCHER Offline
Banned

(03-03-2012 19:45 )misterG Wrote:  ...I've never actually seen the elite show on freeview as never seems to be on when I check - if it's working, I guess it must be a 2am start, so not much good to me).

Its no longer on freeview it went on the 9th Jan.
03-03-2012 20:08