Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 2.81 Average

Display problems on Freeview channel 33

Jonnieboy Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Babestation on Freeview channel 33
vila Wrote:Whatever you do you will not, repeat NOT be able to get a true 16:9 or 4:3 image on any tv screen.

Edit: If you want to persuade me otherwise, post a screenshot of a perfect 16:9 image showing ALL of the little box at top right where the non-performing girls do their chat stuff.

Then I will eat humble pie.
Have you looked at the attachment shandyman posted earlier in the thread? It didn't have the inset picture at the time he took it but it looks absolutely fine to me. No need for humble pie though because the rest of us posting on this topic still seem unable to get a proper picture from BS1 Freeview. Your description of it as a 4:3 crop of a 16:9 frame seems spot on to me.
06-06-2009 12:16
Find all posts by this user
Censorship :-( Away
Sadly, no more caps. :-(

shandyman Wrote:
vila Wrote:
shandyman Wrote:last night i had babestation 1 working perfectly fine on my freeview box, i just had to mess with the picture format settings on the freeview box, which is some cheap one i got from tescos. as someone said, the channel, when being broadcasted, isn't triggering the freeview boxes or tv's to change to the correct format as most boxes are set to automatically do so by default.
I repeat, however much you mess with your settings it won’t alter the plain fact: the image on Freeview is not, repeat NOT a 16:9 image, nor is it a true 4:3 image. It is a 4:3 slice cropped out of the middle of the picture shown on TVAlways, which itself is a stretched 4:3 image or something similar.

Whatever you do you will not, repeat NOT be able to get a true 16:9 or 4:3 image on any tv screen.

Edit: If you want to persuade me otherwise, post a screenshot of a perfect 16:9 image showing ALL of the little box at top right where the non-performing girls do their chat stuff.

go back a coupla pages and look at the attachment on my post.....

http://www.babeshows.co.uk/attachment.php?aid=5203

ok it doesn't have the box with the girls in, but you can clearly see there's alot more space at each side of the text box and dani's proportionally correct. but due to my screen not being a widescreen, i have a letterbox effect with the black bands along the top and bottom

I could be wrong, but Dani lookes stretched horizontally, to me.

Just to be clear, it is the actual picture, the babe footage, not the on screen graphics, which, If memory serves, are OK on the ‘faulty’ broadcast I am receiving, but it's difficult to tell - I'll check again tonight.
06-06-2009 12:22

Censorship :-( Wrote:A straw poll - out of those who claim to be seeing a correct image, do you use a 4:3 or 16:9 TV?

Equally, those who see an uncorrectable, dstorted image, 4:3 or 16:9 TV?

Me? uncorrectably distorted on 16:9 TV
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2009 12:26 by Censorship :-(.)
06-06-2009 12:25
Shandy Offline

nope, thats how she normally looks. at the time i could be bothered to take a pic, she was on, camilla looked perfectly fine later on.

i mentioned about the graphics cos the bit vila was saying about missing bits off the side on his image should be comparable to the image i gave as the gaps either side of the graphics ad bigger on my image than they would be on his, if that makes sense
06-06-2009 12:27

Jonnieboy Wrote:
vila Wrote:Whatever you do you will not, repeat NOT be able to get a true 16:9 or 4:3 image on any tv screen.

Have you looked at the attachment shandyman posted earlier in the thread? It didn't have the inset picture at the time he took it but it looks absolutely fine to me. No need for humble pie though because the rest of us posting on this topic still seem unable to get a proper picture from BS1 Freeview. Your description of it as a 4:3 crop of a 16:9 frame seems spot on to me.

No, if it was simply a 4:3 crop from 16:9, then the image would not be distorted, you would only miss the edges of the picture. The distortion means that, as far as I can tell, it is 4:3 that is stretched, with the broadcast showng a 4:3 centre crop from the stretched image.
06-06-2009 12:32
Jonnieboy Offline
Senior Poster

Censorship :-( Wrote:
Censorship :-( Wrote:A straw poll - out of those who claim to be seeing a correct image, do you use a 4:3 or 16:9 TV?

Equally, those who see an uncorrectable, dstorted image, 4:3 or 16:9 TV?

Me? uncorrectably distorted on 16:9 TV
16:9 TV - under any settings I try I'm still missing the left and right hand sides of the image.
06-06-2009 12:32
Jonnieboy Offline
Senior Poster

Jonnieboy Wrote:description of it as a 4:3 crop of a 16:9 frame seems spot on to me.
Censorship :-( Wrote:No, if it was simply a 4:3 crop from 16:9, then the image would not be distorted, you would only miss the edges of the picture.
and that's what I'm seeing. My TV is automatically setting itself to 4:3 so the picture has the right ratio, but is missing the two edges. If I manually set it to 16:9 I get the same pic, but stretched/distorted, which sounds like what you're seeing.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2009 12:43 by Jonnieboy.)
06-06-2009 12:38

shandyman Wrote:nope, thats how she normally looks. at the time i could be bothered to take a pic, she was on, camilla looked perfectly fine later on.

i mentioned about the graphics cos the bit vila was saying about missing bits off the side on his image should be comparable to the image i gave as the gaps either side of the graphics ad bigger on my image than they would be on his, if that makes sense

vila was referring to the 'boxout' at the top right hand side of the sceen, not the phone numbers etc. at the bottom (which, as per a previous post of mine, seem OK, I think). As I, and others mentoned, we were missing the right hand most babe for most of the time, depending on camera framing, in addtion to the whole picture (with the possible exception of the phone numers etc.) being distorted.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2009 12:57 by Censorship :-(.)
06-06-2009 12:38

Jonnieboy Wrote:
Censorship :-( Wrote:
description of it as a 4:3 crop of a 16:9 frame seems spot on to me.

[/quote]
No, if it was simply a 4:3 crop from 16:9, then the image would not be distorted, you would only miss the edges of the picture.
[/quote]
and that's what I'm seeing. My TV is automatically setting itself to 4:3 so the picture has the right ratio, but is missing the two edges. If I manually set it to 16:9 I get the same pic, but stretched/distorted, which sounds like what you're seeing.
[/quote]

For me, the correctly displayed, 'as broadcast' 4:3 is also distorted/stretched horizontally, switching manually to 16:9 makes it even more distorted. This is why I think it is a 4:3 shot, stretched horizontally, then broadcast as a 4:3 centre crop.

Look more closely at the 'as broadcast' 4:3, I think you'll find it is also distorted, just more subtly than when switched to 16:9.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2009 12:53 by Censorship :-(.)
06-06-2009 12:46
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

shandyman Wrote:go back a coupla pages and look at the attachment on my post.....

http://www.babeshows.co.uk/attachment.php?aid=5203

ok it doesn't have the box with the girls in, but you can clearly see there's alot more space at each side of the text box and dani's proportionally correct. but due to my screen not being a widescreen, i have a letterbox effect with the black bands along the top and bottom
If you seriously think that's an undistorted picture all I can do is recommend you to Specsavers.

Do you really think Dani's face is that squashed and lopsided?

The 'boxout' (thanks for the techie name Censor) is crucial and the fact that you are unwilling to post a screencap showing it tells me all I need to know. It's not there, in its entirety, is it?

The information panel is always in the right place: its not part of the image.
06-06-2009 13:43
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV