Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 2.81 Average

Display problems on Freeview channel 33

Censorship :-( Away
Sadly, no more caps. :-(

Display problems on Freeview channel 33
Has anyone else noticed the distorted picture on BS last night & tonight? It looks as though the 4:3 source has been stretched, presumably to 16:9, then broadcast as 4:3, which means that it cannot be corrected by the viewer, unlike on PP, where they also distort the 4:3 source, but broadcast it as 16:9, meaning that it can be corrected by manually switching your TV back to 4:3.

Does anyone know if BS is broadcast as 16:9 on $ky (distorted, like PP), and if so, has this always been the case, or did it start two nights ago, by any chance?

Personally, I think it looks awful; pretty much ‘unwatchable’, in fact. annoyed annoyed annoyed
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2009 01:59 by Censorship :-(.)
05-06-2009 01:53
Find all posts by this user
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

RE: Babestation on Freeview channel 33
Yes, they've totally fucked it up. My screen normally corrects automatically to 4:3 on Ch 33 (but not on Ch 32!) and I'm sure it did last night, but not tonight. When I watched the start of the daytime stuff yesterday I'm sure I was getting a genuine 16:9 picture. The TVAlways feed has now also been switched to 16:9 but has a stretched 4:3 picture at the moment. I think what the twats have done is decided to do the daytime coverage in 16:9 and have switched everything to that ratio and then just left it.

Edit: I'm sure the 16:9 TVAlways feed started yesterday. I've corrected my Ch 33 picture manually to its 4:3 setting and it looks OK-ish, but not quite right. Strangely, the distortion doesn't seem to be all one way, like either vertical or horizontal - some things look taller than they should but others look fatter. Made Dionne look really w-i-d-e at one point!

Edit 2: I think I've figured out the nature of the distortion. The screen image is still a rectangle but the content shown inside the rectangle has been stretched into a sort of parallelogram.

Edit 3: The best looking image I can get is at 14:9 ratio.

Edit 4: I've just switched to Ch 32 and it's showing a genuine 16:9 picture. Didn't do that before, surely?

Hopefully my final edit: In answer to the question everyone will ask, no she didn't.

Did anyone else get the impression that they had a rather lean time on the phones? There seemed to be more than the usual number of exhortations to pickup our phones and the girls' phones seemed to be idle a fair bit of the time compared with usual, then they packed up 5 minutes early.

Also, there was no increase in the octane level after Freeview shut down as there has been on previous nights.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2009 05:51 by vila.)
05-06-2009 02:44
Shandy Offline

Censorship :-( Wrote:Has anyone else noticed the distorted picture on BS last night & tonight? It looks as though the 4:3 source has been stretched, presumably to 16:9, then broadcast as 4:3, which means that it cannot be corrected by the viewer, unlike on PP, where they also distort the 4:3 source, but broadcast it as 16:9, meaning that it can be corrected by manually switching your TV back to 4:3.

Does anyone know if BS is broadcast as 16:9 on $ky (distorted, like PP), and if so, has this always been the case, or did it start two nights ago, by any chance?

Personally, I think it looks awful; pretty much ‘unwatchable’, in fact. annoyed annoyed annoyed

they changed to broadcast in 16:9, which screwed me cos i don't have a widescreen, so on my 4:3 telly i was missing the head off camilla lol. last night, after a discussion in the chatbox last night, those of us that had a problem changed the setting on the sky box to not have the picture in normal 4:3, but to go to 4:3L (fake widescreen for 4:3 tellies) or 16:9. so maybe your freeview box is doing the same sort of thing? have a play in the settings and see, its prob default set to show the picture in 4:3 and thats whats messed it up, it looks like all the sky boxes do it in 4:3 by default
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2009 08:21 by Shandy.)
05-06-2009 08:20
ClownSpank Offline
Senior Poster

censorship got it right first time, you can't change the settings on your tv or freeview box to compensate, it doesn't affect it, i haven't watched last night's recording yet, but the couple of nights before it's definitely been stretched then rescaled to 4:3, and yes, it is unwatchable, pull your act together BS
05-06-2009 10:54
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

ClownSpank Wrote:censorship got it right first time, you can't change the settings on your tv or freeview box to compensate, it doesn't affect it, i haven't watched last night's recording yet, but the couple of nights before it's definitely been stretched then rescaled to 4:3, and yes, it is unwatchable, pull your act together BS
On my widescreen bedroom tv last night the freeview picture was a 4:3 picture stretched to fit and I could not change it. The girls looked terrible.
Playing my PVR recording on my non widescreen tv this morning, the picture was ok but was 4:3 in centre cutout mode and could not be changed. This looked ok but the small box with girls in in top right corner was not complete.
These BS people seem to be fuckin idiots. Its been like this for a couple of nights. Dont they monitor what they are transmitting?
05-06-2009 11:13
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

it is annoying but i can alter my setting on the skybox to show 16:9 and its ok then

Piper Niven Superfan
05-06-2009 12:08

shandyman Wrote:
Censorship :-( Wrote:Has anyone else noticed the distorted picture on BS last night & tonight? It looks as though the 4:3 source has been stretched, presumably to 16:9, then broadcast as 4:3, which means that it cannot be corrected by the viewer, unlike on PP, where they also distort the 4:3 source, but broadcast it as 16:9, meaning that it can be corrected by manually switching your TV back to 4:3.

they changed to broadcast in 16:9, which screwed me cos i don't have a widescreen, so on my 4:3 telly i was missing the head off camilla lol. last night, after a discussion in the chatbox last night, those of us that had a problem changed the setting on the sky box to not have the picture in normal 4:3, but to go to 4:3L (fake widescreen for 4:3 tellies) or 16:9. so maybe your freeview box is doing the same sort of thing? have a play in the settings and see, its prob default set to show the picture in 4:3 and thats whats messed it up, it looks like all the sky boxes do it in 4:3 by default

All of my equipment is set to automatically display incoming signals correctly; the broadcaster has definitely fucked up, deliberately or otherwise.
When you say that they have switched to 16:9, do you mean genuine 16:9 i.e. shot in 16:9 and broadcast as such, or is it still shot in 4:3, but broadcast as 16:9, meaning that the picture will be stretched horizontally, as is (or at least, was) the case on PP?

Given that this has been the case for two nights in a row, either Cellcast are the most incompetent bunch of fuckwits around, or they are deliberately distorting the picture, to give the impression that they are broadcasting genuine 16:9.

Wonder what the babes think about it, assuming they know? Given the horizontal stretching, they look, um, how shall I put it… less ‘slim’ than they do in reality; not very flattering, now, is it?? ‘Does my bum look big in this’? Well, if you are appearing on BS at the moment, then the answer, sadly, is yes!
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2009 23:51 by Censorship :-(.)
05-06-2009 23:46
Shandy Offline

Censorship :-( Wrote:
shandyman Wrote:

All of my equipment is set to automatically display incoming signals correctly; the broadcaster has definitely fucked up, deliberately or otherwise.
When you say that they have switched to 16:9, do you mean genuine 16:9 i.e. shot in 16:9 and broadcast as such, or is it still shot in 4:3, but broadcast as 16:9, meaning that the picture will be stretched horizontally, as is (or at least, was) the case on PP?

Given that this has been the case for two nights in a row, either Cellcast are the most incompetent bunch of fuckwits around, or they are deliberately distorting the picture, to give the impression that they are broadcasting genuine 16:9.

Wonder what the babes think about it, assuming they know? Given the horizontal stretching, they look, um, how shall I put it… less ‘slim’ than they do in reality; not very flattering, now, is it?? ‘Does my ass look big in this’? Well, if you are currently appearing on BS at the moment, then the answer, sadly, is yes!

nope, shot and broadcast in 16:9. they're not stretched, they're proportionally correct. i've changed the settings on the little freeview box i pilfered from the back room and will test it tonight along with my freeview usb stick on the pc too just to check.

also someone said on another thread that the 900 channels on sky don't indicate for the auto switching on the sky box to change to 16:9 which is why some of us had troubles, so same could be with freeview and you have to manually set it to 16:9 like we did.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2009 23:54 by Shandy.)
05-06-2009 23:52

vila Wrote:Yes, they've totally fucked it up. My screen normally corrects automatically to 4:3 on Ch 33 (but not on Ch 32!) and I'm sure it did last night, but not tonight. When I watched the start of the daytime stuff yesterday I'm sure I was getting a genuine 16:9 picture. The TVAlways feed has now also been switched to 16:9 but has a stretched 4:3 picture at the moment. I think what the twats have done is decided to do the daytime coverage in 16:9 and have switched everything to that ratio and then just left it.

Edit: I'm sure the 16:9 TVAlways feed started yesterday. I've corrected my Ch 33 picture manually to its 4:3 setting and it looks OK-ish, but not quite right. Strangely, the distortion doesn't seem to be all one way, like either vertical or horizontal - some things look taller than they should but others look fatter. Made Dionne look really w-i-d-e at one point!

SNIP

Edit 4: I've just switched to Ch 32 and it's showing a genuine 16:9 picture. Didn't do that before, surely?

SNIP

BS has always been broadcast as genuine 4:3 on Freeview, so no correction was needed, if your equipment was set to display signals correctly.

If they were shooting in 16:9, but broadcasting in 4:3, then the picture would be compressed horizontally, and this, too, could be corrected by the viewer, by manually switching to 16:9. They do not appear to be doing so, however.

I haven't seen PP in recent nights, but they were broadcasting a 4:3 picture as 16:9, which, as mentioned previously, could be corrected by the viewer; sadly, not the case on BS at the moment. annoyed
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2009 00:22 by Censorship :-(.)
06-06-2009 00:09
Shandy Offline

bs & pp are both shooting and broadcasting in 16:9, just got freeview on and its looking fine on mine now, set the box manually, cos when it was on auto it was not right
06-06-2009 00:18
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV