Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 2.81 Average

Display problems on Freeview channel 33

Jonnieboy Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Babestation on Freeview channel 33
Censorship :-( Wrote:
shandyman Wrote:Plus the guy that works there said as of the other day it's shot and broadcasted in 16:9 so us sky viewers can sort the setting and it looks right and at least 2 freeview people have got done the same, just shows that the bspp person was correct.

I'm not sure what is gong on, but I remain convinced that the broadcast is at fault
I think so too. If I compare the Freeview pic with TVAlways I am losing part of the screen on Freeview. I don't get to see both of the girls in the inset picture when they are doing the texts for example.
06-06-2009 02:20
Find all posts by this user
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

Censorship :-( Wrote:BS has always been broadcast as genuine 4:3 on Freeview, so no correction was needed, if your equipment was set to display signals correctly.

If they were shooting in 16:9, but broadcasting in 4:3, then the picture would be compressed horizontally, and this, too, could be corrected by the viewer, by manually switching to 16:9. They do not appear to be doing so, however.

I haven't seen PP in recent nights, but they were broadcasting a 4:3 picture as 16:9, which, as mentioned previously, could be corrected by the viewer; sadly, not the case on BS at the moment. annoyed
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. When I said my screen automatically corrects to 4:3 I mean that it automatically changes (if necessary) to the correct ratio for whatever channel it's tuned to - provided, of course, that the correct ratio info is included in the transmitted signal, which wasn't the case with Ch 32 when they were transmitting a stretched 4:3 picture in 16:9, which I had to correct manually.

shandyman Wrote:bs & pp are now shot and broadcasted in 16:9, but the box settings on the sky and the freeview box i am using, when set to auto detect, don't recognise it as that for some reason and thinks its 4:3 so i was missing bits off the edge of the screen (as i said someone said these channels don't include the trigger in the signal or something) so manually telling the box its actually 16:9 (or 4:3L for me since i don't have a widescreen telly) doesn't stretch it at all, it corrects it, now i have a normal looking proportionally correct image, but with black bars on the top and bottom

Edit - this is now what my freeview picture looks like, soz for the quality, took it with my phone as it was the only way.
shandyman Wrote:additionally, we have a guy that works on the show (babestationpartyp) in the chat and i just asked him, he confirmed shot and broadcasting in 16:9.
I don’t care what babestationpartyp or anyone else says, Freeview Ch 33 is absolutely definitely NOT transmitting a geuine 16:9 image.

Until last night Ch 33 was transmitting a genuine 4:3 picture which was automatically switched to display correctly on my screen (I have a Sony widescreen Freeview-equipped TV).

Until recently (possibly two nights ago) Ch 32 was transmitting a 4:3 picture stretched to 16:9 which I had to correct manually to display correctly.

Also until two nights ago, TVAlways Internet feed was showing a 4:3 picture correctly displayed.

So, one way or another, I was able to watch all three images in the correct form.

Two nights ago Ch 32 changed to a genuine 16:9 and was correctly displayed on my TV.

Also at least two nights ago TVAlways changed to 16:9 which appeared to be a stretched 4:3 image.

Last night the Ch 33 picture first displayed (on auto setting) as a rather odd-looking 4:3 image which I was unable to correct despite having four possible alternative manual settings. The best appeared to be 14:9. Changing to 16:9 gave a horrible, totally unwatchable stretched image. Later on during the night during further experiments there seemed to be no automatic switching at all and if I tuned to another channel and then back to 33 the ratio changed to the previous manually selected one. Still later, the auto-switching was back but still gave the odd, distorted 4:3 image. (This suggests to me that someone at Cellcast knew something was wrong and was tinkering with the transmission.)

Tonight my TV still switches to an odd-looking 4:3 image but it must be better than last night because I can get no improvement via the manual options. (It’s also possible that I only imagined that 14:9 was an improvement last night.)

Also tonight the TVAlways image looks better but still not quite right (I’m absolutely certain that Amanda’s legs aren’t as long as they appeared a few minutes ago!).

For fuck's sake, Cellcast, get it sorted.

Edit: I've also just noticed that compared with TVAlways I'm missing bits from both sides of the picture, but more is missing from the left than from the right.

Edit 2: I don't have a PVR or a DVD recorder but record on VHS via a separate Freeview box which is giving exactly the same image as my TV tuner.

Edit 3: I can also confirm that like Jonnieboy I am missing half the inset picture at top right when compared with TVAlways. This is now also a 16:9 image but was previously 4:3.

I think I now have an idea of what is happening. The Freeview picture is a 4:3 chunk cropped out of the middle of the 16:9 image showing on TVAlways.

Edit 5: Hey, something’s happening! TVAlways has gone down for ‘maintenance’.

Edit 6: Oh dear, back now but nothing’s changed.

Well surprise, surprise!!! It's just gone 5am and on TVAlways Amanda who, like all the other girls has been totally subdued up to now, sprang to life as if by magic to finish of her section and now Camilla has followed suit!

THIS REALLY IS THE BIGGEST PISS-TAKE IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2009 11:10 by vila.)
06-06-2009 02:21
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

I only have freeview. I have 2 freeview PVRs plus 2 freeview boxes plus a freeview wide screen tv, all different makes.
None of the 5 can display the full picture no matter what settings I try
The widescreen tv display is stretched and the little box in top right hand corner with girls is partly chopped off. Last night, Camilla, sitting on the right of Dani, in this box could not be seen.
The other 4 receivers used with a non wide screen tv give a normal picture but again the little box is not fully visible not matter what settings are used.
Other channels can be switched betwween 4:3 pan scan, full 16:9 and letterbox modes.
Channel 33 cannot.
Therefore the transmission is faulty!
06-06-2009 10:08
Dreamlander Offline

May I add to the format confusion? Smile I recorded Toya on the day show a couple of days ago and it was broadcast in 16:9 on my 16:9 TV and the aspect ratio and more importantly,Toya looked perfect.I recorded to my DVDr in 4:3 which I always do no matter what the format and uploaded it to Rapidshare.I played the recording on VLC to make a reference cap for my video post and found that 16:9 looked too stretched even though I was playing a 'perfect' 4:3 anamorphic video!16:10,the PC widescreen standard looked perfect so I used that one.I have measured the ratio of my Toshiba LCD TV and it is bang on 16:9 and the Toya video when played through Sky on it is at the perfect aspect ratio! Weird! Smile

Dreamlander-Not really anything to do with the Freeview picture,although it looks OK on my TV whether 16:9 or 4:3,although I have to unstretch the 4:3 image as the TV puts it in 'panoramic' mode.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2009 10:47 by Dreamlander.)
06-06-2009 10:44
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

Dreamlander Wrote:May I add to the format confusion? Smile I recorded Toya on the day show a couple of days ago and it was broadcast in 16:9 on my 16:9 TV and the aspect ratio and more importantly,Toya looked perfect.
Party People 3am Show and Partyland are definitely transmitting a perfect 16:9 image on Freeview. Partyland and the Party People day show also appear in perfect 16:9 on TVAlways. It's only Babestation 1 on both Freeview and TVAlways that is showing the messed up image.
06-06-2009 11:09
Shandy Offline

last night i had babestation 1 working perfectly fine on my freeview box, i just had to mess with the picture format settings on the freeview box, which is some cheap one i got from tescos. as someone said, the channel, when being broadcasted, isn't triggering the freeview boxes or tv's to change to the correct format as most boxes are set to automatically do so by default.
06-06-2009 11:25
Dreamlander Offline

shandyman Wrote:last night i had babestation 1 working perfectly fine on my freeview box, i just had to mess with the picture format settings on the freeview box, which is some cheap one i got from tescos. as someone said, the channel, when being broadcasted, isn't triggering the freeview boxes or tv's to change to the correct format as most boxes are set to automatically do so by default.

That someone was me! I'm the 'trigger happy one'! Big Grin None of this would be a problem if the channel broadcast the info for the box to alter the aspect ratio automatically.ITV4 is a good example.It shows 60's and 70' shows most of the day which are in 4:3.When the adverts come on my TV goes to full screen in the blink of an eye.Even when FF at 30X speed it's almost instant.

Dreamlander
06-06-2009 11:31
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

shandyman Wrote:last night i had babestation 1 working perfectly fine on my freeview box, i just had to mess with the picture format settings on the freeview box, which is some cheap one i got from tescos. as someone said, the channel, when being broadcasted, isn't triggering the freeview boxes or tv's to change to the correct format as most boxes are set to automatically do so by default.
I repeat, however much you mess with your settings it won’t alter the plain fact: the image on Freeview is not, repeat NOT a 16:9 image, nor is it a true 4:3 image. It is a 4:3 slice cropped out of the middle of the picture shown on TVAlways, which itself is a stretched 4:3 image or something similar.

Whatever you do you will not, repeat NOT be able to get a true 16:9 or 4:3 image on any tv screen.

Edit: If you want to persuade me otherwise, post a screenshot of a perfect 16:9 image showing ALL of the little box at top right where the non-performing girls do their chat stuff.

Then I will eat humble pie.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2009 12:07 by vila.)
06-06-2009 11:58
Shandy Offline

vila Wrote:
I repeat, however much you mess with your settings it won’t alter the plain fact: the image on Freeview is not, repeat NOT a 16:9 image, nor is it a true 4:3 image. It is a 4:3 slice cropped out of the middle of the picture shown on TVAlways, which itself is a stretched 4:3 image or something similar.

Whatever you do you will not, repeat NOT be able to get a true 16:9 or 4:3 image on any tv screen.

Edit: If you want to persuade me otherwise, post a screenshot of a perfect 16:9 image showing ALL of the little box at top right where the non-performing girls do their chat stuff.

Then I will eat humble pie.

go back a coupla pages and look at the attachment on my post.....

http://www.babeshows.co.uk/attachment.php?aid=5203

ok it doesn't have the box with the girls in, but you can clearly see there's alot more space at each side of the text box and dani's proportionally correct. but due to my screen not being a widescreen, i have a letterbox effect with the black bands along the top and bottom
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2009 12:10 by Shandy.)
06-06-2009 12:08
Censorship :-( Away
Sadly, no more caps. :-(

A straw poll - out of those who claim to be seeing a correct image, do you use a 4:3 or 16:9 TV?
06-06-2009 12:15
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV