gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average

Back Home After Surgery

Scottishbloke Away
Banned

RE: Back Home After Surgery
Just when I'm all set to return back to work tomorrow a spanner gets thrown into the works and have now been told that I won't be able to start back as originally planned. As I said before I am currently seeking compensation.

To cut a long story the clients building which I guard have got issues with me coming back onsite and the boss of the company I work for will be having a meeting about my future with the site manager.

My boss will be fighting for my future and will do his best to convince the client as to why I should remain. A few possible outcomes could happen now.

1 - Permanent ban from site.
2 - Permanent ban with compensation out of court settlement.
3 - Allowed back onsite just so long that I drop the case.
4 - Allowed back onsite but with compensation out of court settlement.

I shall know the outcome as to the following scenarios tomorrow after 5PM in which I will then receive a phone call and be asked to meet my boss at a neutral location in which he will present me with the cards on the table as to say.

My job is now hanging in the balance, I shall let you all know tomorrow as to the outcome.
01-06-2015 18:25
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

I think in all fairness your client has been way unreasonable to have thrown a spanner in the works at this late stage, if they permanently enforce a site ban, then your boss should be given an exact reason WHY they have banned you but it does sound like to me that they are more than prepared to face you in a courtroom and that could possibly be the only other outcome. At the same time I just hope the level of compensation they offer is acceptable Good luck mate!!

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 18:39 by lovebabes56.)
01-06-2015 18:38
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Cheers for the support, yes it's a real blow at this late stage but as I was told on the phone the client is not legally obliged to allow me back onto site and they also do not have to give me a reason either.

The company I work for are desperate for me to return because out of all the 7 years I have worked prior to the accident in January I never even had one sick day off so they are very sympathetic to my plight and have told me privately that they would have done likewise. Down the years I've pulled the company out of the shit more times that I care to mention such as covering a shift or another site at the drop of the hat.

A few years ago because we were so short in numbers I worked for 18 hours before heading back into work 6 hours later to then do a 12 hour shift. All those moments when you think it's a thankless effort actually go to prove that when you're in your hour of need that you'll get full backing from your employers as it says a lot about me when the boss is prepared to make such a long journey to fight my corner on my behalf, call it favour returned if you wish.

I now face an anxious wait as it's out of my hands and I just hope that this matter gets settled tomorrow as I really do not wish for this to drag on for weeks. Something tells me that this is easier said than done but unless the settlement meets my estimations then I'll agree to nothing.
01-06-2015 19:28
Tractor boy Offline
Beth's number 1 fan

Good luck.
02-06-2015 08:22
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Well that's me just back from the meeting and this is what I've been offered.

My wages to be paid to me in full for the remainder of the shifts which I would have worked anyway and the security of job safety if I drop the case.

If I don't drop the case then my position will therefore be unattainable and I will remain banned from site. I have until tomorrow to mull the offer over.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 18:27 by Scottishbloke.)
02-06-2015 18:26
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

After spending the majority of the day on the phone I have now reached agreement. I shall return to work asap, the good news is that my solicitor will not demand a fee off me as they were still at the early stages so I have now officially closed the compensation claim. The client however will not allow be back onsite until I produce the letter to confirm this.

I have accepted the offer of receiving the money that would have been paid to me had I worked these shifts prior to the accident which will now be deposited into my bank account hopefully very soon. It now looks like it won't be until next week before I am able to resume my duties.

I shall now spend the next few days relaxing awaiting confirmation which is a huge burden off my shoulders and mentally prepare myself into going back into work now that this cloud of doubt has been lifted.

I will also look upon this as a moral victory as I have successfully negotiated what it was I wanted from day 1 Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 17:31 by Scottishbloke.)
03-06-2015 17:19
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

That's good to hear and congrats on your victory mate you have shown us what we can achieve if we stick to the principles we value.

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
03-06-2015 19:26
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Cheers yes I've always held a strong view that you should stand up for yourself and never let anybody walk all over you which is what the client tried to do but they should have known better than to try these tactics on me.

I gave the client an ultimatum a few months ago as what my intentions would be if they refused to continue with full payment and they thought I was only bluffing.

I don't believe in suing as it's not in my make up. All I believe in is fairness and equality and never let anybody think that you're not worthy of respect. It's only a moral victory but these go a long way to strengthening your character. If I had sat back and done nothing then I would have basically shown that I was weak minded.

They caused the accident which landed me up in hospital by not sufficiently salting the ground. There was nothing I could have done to prevent it because as soon as I stepped on that black ice I was going down. I've slipped before in the past and only suffered a few minor scratches so the odds of the type of fall I sustained were pretty high but it still happened.

Anyway I'm just glad it's all over - Well that is until next winter at least! Rolleyes
03-06-2015 19:44
jimmyt73 Offline
Lola Knight fan

Glad to hear that your job situation seems to be resolved,just a pity that the poor excuse of decent nightshows cant be resolved as easy.

im always open to positive change
03-06-2015 20:18
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

^ Shit we won't have to go through this again next year will we? It will be like a typical nightshow with the same images all the time of you on a bed groaning, then you on a bed laying in the same position all the time. I've still not got over the image you put in my mind of your first use of the bath set before building up to the shower set BounceBounceBounce
03-06-2015 20:22

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles