Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Abusive Callers!!!

john1977 Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Abusive Callers!!!
(04-04-2012 20:23 )kelly1066 Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 16:56 )seth Wrote:  
(01-04-2012 01:45 )kelly1066 Wrote:  this guy clearly had either serious sexual problems, or just mental health issues, and really needs to be reported to twitter by the girls he is abusing.... there must be some law or rules on there.... if people can be done for racial abuse like those to do with stan collymore and fabrice muamba then this guy can also surely be found, made to stop this vile abuse, and sorted out...???

He's a troll but I can't see how he can be prosecuted for what he's posting. He calls these girls sex workers which is incorrect but he's not making any threats or any types of racial abuse. You could argue, it's just an opinion he has, even if it is wrong.

There's such a thing as freedom of speech. I could say I think Adoph Hitler was a great guy. Now I may be doing it to troll, but I could be really thinking it and giving an opinion. This guy on twitter knows not to overstep the boundaries and be abusive. Police can't investigate this guy, and they shouldn't. The women need to ignore him.

there is also such a law that is known as 'defamation of character', which would legally cover prosecution for the things he is saying.

as a poster here, and supposedly a fan of the girls who work the channels, i'm quite surprised that you, and other people here, are even of the opinion he is okay in saying these things...??

yes, freedom of speech is fine, but not to freely abuse others when they dont even know them........ the girls do this job to give pleasure to guys who cant'dont get it elsewhere; its not everyones cup of tea; so then if you dont like it, dont watch it; there's no need to just be a complete asswipe and nasty hater, like this twitter twit......???

actually defamation of character is a civil law so he couldnt be 'prosecuted' however he could indeed be litigated, though a model would have to take it on themselves, stand up in open court, try and prove that the aren't a sex worker (very difficult, they provide a sexual service in return for pecuniary gain), or a telephone prostitute (easier, but logically you could justify this and common law to its credit isnt exactly nuanced), that the things this horrid chap has said have affected them in someway and most of all that it has defamed them (very difficult considering that they are already on live television in their underwear spreading their legs at a camera. i dont think any model, or any solicitor would take that case.

ilovemegan is in some respects correct, however he claims the freedom of speech argument. which, while i would like it to be true, is not. parliment persistently make laws which violate this principle (which as the worlds longest concurrent democracy is quite sad but that's another debate for another day), in fact the freedom to be not offended is a greater principle in the eyes of our governments. which is perhaps justifiable with respect to race or religion, but to occupation, ludicrous.

this chap, while his views are unpleasant, are also perfectly legal. if you would like that not to be so, then i'm afraid you are either a communist, a facist or a member of either the tory or labour party annoyed
03-07-2013 09:43
Find all posts by this user
john1977 Offline
Senior Poster

(04-04-2012 21:28 )eccles Wrote:  Its often reckoned that the limit of freedom of speech is where it causes harm to others. Abusive calls can leave people traumatised and working in glamour can leave some presenters with self doubt and insecurity. Theres always someone else with bigger boobs or longer hair and the disapproving relative. Some people do get off on abusing people and some of them have mental health issues - in some cases it is a form of self gratification from sadism.

so your solution would be to lock someone up for harboring an opinion? precisely why i am glad the plebs arent in our judiciary
03-07-2013 09:46
SOCATOA Offline
"mini see through thong"

I would have thought that the producers of these shows should be doing more to protect their girls. Shouldn't all calls be monitored? Simple cut off button would stop this verbal abuse I would have thought.
03-07-2013 10:28
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

sure they do soc. pretty sure if a babe gets an abusive caller, the channel can block that number from calling and if the person carries on being abusive, they get police involved

Piper Niven Superfan
03-07-2013 12:40
john1977 Offline
Senior Poster

i would also like to point out that naming the channels/shows things like 'red light central' and 'working girls live' only fuels the fire as far as the whole 'prostitute' thing is concerned
14-07-2013 10:51
cwpussylover Offline
Banned

(18-03-2012 13:51 )Carl43a Wrote:  Probably a fuckmump who's never had a girlfriend in his life, lives in a shithole smelling his own farts and has an incredibly small penis.

eek busted ImportantBounce

14-07-2013 10:55
Thread Closed