Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 34 Vote(s) - 2.91 Average

Babeshows Respect Campaign

cherryryder Offline
Gone

RE: Babeshows Respect Campaign
I don't mean to offend anyone as I get on with most of the people that have commented so far but I'll be honest and say I find the thread slightly cringeworthy..

I agree that you shouldn't abuse the babes without any reason but if someone says, 'not a fan, don't really find her attractive', that person will get slated and questioned for making an opinion if it's not positive..I actually take note of people's opinions when it comes to who to call and who not to and if a babe has been shit, I'd say, 'she was a waste of time, useless bint'..

We should encourage opinions as long as they are not abusive...by us, the customers, making our opinions known, that will be the only way the shows can improve...otherwise companies like Cellcast will continue to treat us like vermin...
24-02-2009 20:18
Find all posts by this user
Sm© Away
すべてが言われて終わった後

The customer is always right if you ask meSmile
24-02-2009 20:22
Shandy Offline

cherryryder Wrote:I don't mean to offend anyone as I get on with most of the people that have commented so far but I'll be honest and say I find the thread slightly cringeworthy..

I agree that you shouldn't abuse the babes without any reason but if someone says, 'not a fan, don't really find her attractive', that person will get slated and questioned for making an opinion if it's not positive..I actually take note of people's opinions when it comes to who to call and who not to and if a babe has been shit, I'd say, 'she was a waste of time, useless bint'..

We should encourage opinions as long as they are not abusive...by us, the customers, making our opinions known, that will be the only way the shows can improve...otherwise companies like Cellcast will continue to treat us like vermin...

It may not seem it from what i have written, but i agree with what you say. i have no issues with the not a fan, don't find her attractive comments, infact i've done that myself, i mean ones that are just stupid, unjustified or just outright insulting.
24-02-2009 20:46
tsurugi Offline
Banned

i go for weird slightly surreal comments about the girls not sure if they take any offence to what i say....if they do then thats their problem am not going to suck up to them.
24-02-2009 21:41
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

I have to echo a lot of the statements made here, however I'd like to make one point that a few people here seem to have missed. In a large number of cases, abuse is being directed at women who are members of the forum. I never have anything to say when comments are made in threads not related to a forum member, I may not like what is being said in a few cases, but an opinion is something everyone is entitled to. -Personally, I subscribe to the belief that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all, but that's not the issue here- What I have issue with is when personal abuse is directed at another member. Constructive criticism is one thing, repetitive flaming is another; and when the presenter being abused or slandered -and those are the cases I'm referring to- is a forum member that is what it amounts to. Good internet manners dictates that I chip in in those cases. I wouldn't stand by and watch a male member be attacked unfairly, why should I allow it to happen to a woman?

While I agree with some of the more... forthright members that some of the comments made on the forum are frankly embarrassing to read and I'm loathe to see this site become an altar to "babe worship", defending another member does not constitute "sucking up" in my book. The worrying thing to me is that too many people see any defence of any female, member or not, as "sucking up". Certain members seem to believe that everyone is entitled to an opinion... If it's the same as their own. Any other is to be shouted down or derided as arse-kissing, whether that cry is justified or not. Too many people seem to want this place to become the exact opposite of a "babe worship" site.

For a prolonged period, this place trod the middle ground between the two extremes and allowed all opinions to flourish. Lately an opinion seems to be nothing more than a target for others to attack... While I don't post as much some and haven't been here as long as others, I like to think I'm a member in good standing. As such it's only natural that I feel the need to complain about flaming when it happens and to wade in when necessary. Anyone who knows my history here, will know that I'm just as quick to defend the male members of the forum when their reputations are attacked as the female ones.

Sorry for rambling, it seems to be something I'm good atShy

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
24-02-2009 21:55
tsurugi Offline
Banned

mr gummidge Wrote:I have to echo a lot of the statements made here, however I'd like to make one point that a few people here seem to have missed. In a large number of cases, abuse is being directed at women who are members of the forum. I never have anything to say when comments are made in threads not related to a forum member, I may not like what is being said in a few cases, but an opinion is something everyone is entitled to. -Personally, I subscribe to the belief that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all, but that's not the issue here- What I have issue with is when personal abuse is directed at another member. Constructive criticism is one thing, repetitive flaming is another; and when the presenter being abused or slandered -and those are the cases I'm referring to- is a forum member that is what it amounts to. Good internet manners dictates that I chip in in those cases. I wouldn't stand by and watch a male member be attacked unfairly, why should I allow it to happen to a woman?

While I agree with some of the more... forthright members that some of the comments made on the forum are frankly embarrassing to read and I'm loathe to see this site become an altar to "babe worship", defending another member does not constitute "sucking up" in my book. The worrying thing to me is that too many people see any defence of any female, member or not, as "sucking up". Certain members seem to believe that everyone is entitled to an opinion... If it's the same as their own. Any other is to be shouted down or derided as arse-kissing, whether that cry is justified or not. Too many people seem to want this place to become the exact opposite of a "babe worship" site.

For a prolonged period, this place trod the middle ground between the two extremes and allowed all opinions to flourish. Lately an opinion seems to be nothing more than a target for others to attack... While I don't post as much some and haven't been here as long as others, I like to think I'm a member in good standing. As such it's only natural that I feel the need to complain about flaming when it happens and to wade in when necessary. Anyone who knows my history here, will know that I'm just as quick to defend the male members of the forum when their reputations are attacked as the female ones.

Sorry for rambling, it seems to be something I'm good atShy

and you do it so wellBig Grin
24-02-2009 22:01
jordo Offline
L.F.C

I do have an opinion on this but I'm afraid it will be a bit too controversial so I think I'll leave it for now. I'm also shattered and can't be arsed typing too much Tongue
24-02-2009 22:14
Hazhard Away
Banned

Lol Jordo Wink
24-02-2009 22:17
biker200 Offline
Master Poster

Isnt it all about manners?If everyone behaved a way laid down in forum law it really would be boring in this world.

What did i miss?
24-02-2009 22:51
Shandy Offline

Mr G always manages to say what i intend to, but i never manage to get it out as well as he does. Thats what i was trying to say in a round about way Smile
24-02-2009 23:08
Thread Closed