Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

2012 PDC Ladbrokes World Darts Championship

Phoenix Offline
Posting Machine

RE: 2012 PDC Ladbrokes World Darts Championship
Well unfortunately the final was an anti-climax to an otherwise class fortnight of darts.
But well done to the two-time World Champ Aidy Lewis, I think Hamilton was probably the best player in the overall tournament, but Lewis was better on the night. Felt sorry for him at the end though, it's one thing to boo during a match but how can you boo someone that's just won the World Championships?!
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 01:16 by Phoenix.)
03-01-2012 01:15
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Money_Shot Offline
ATFC - 1992

He's a hate-able kind of guy. He doesn't exactly endear himself to the crowd either the cocky piece of shit

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
03-01-2012 21:11
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

The problems with Lewis for me are the following. His cocky attitude and occasional 'toys out the pram' behaviour are not exactly going to be very endearing to me or it seems crowds at the tournaments. The overly casual way he throws his darts sometimes amounts to showboating which could be considered disrepectful to the opponent and the game itself. He does seem to have an overly inflated sense of his own game and stature within it. Yes he has managed to win 2 world titles. If he wants to be a real great of the game though he could do with winning some other majors on TV and show more consistency on the circuit. A bit more consistent concentration on the game and a bit less cockyness would serve him well. He can't expect respect automatically from crowds, it has to be earned as much through personality as through achievement.

03-01-2012 22:29