Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

2012 PDC Ladbrokes World Darts Championship

Money_Shot Offline
ATFC - 1992

RE: 2012 PDC Ladbrokes World Darts Championship
Current World Champion Adrian Lewis speaking to $ky $ports after his win against Terry Jenkins

"I thought they were very disrespectful - every time I was throwing, they were booing," a rather irate Lewis told Sky Sports after coming off stage.

"But, at the end of the day, I got the job done. But I wasn't very happy with them (the crowd) at all, in fact I'm fuming.

"Even when I was missing I was on the wire every time. But the crowd played a big part in that - they were shouting 'miss!' every time I was throwing.

"I didn't get any respect up there. Like I say, I was disappointed."

Lewis will now face James Wade in the next round. What a game that will be!

Also a superb win for the Wizard tonight, Anderson was slack on his doubles but Witlock was ruthless. Tough game against Hamilton awaits though.

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
31-12-2011 03:28
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rickhardo Offline
Evening!

The crowd need to be reminded that the players aren't up there for a laugh - it's their living. The treatment Magnus Caris got ealier in the tournament was an absolute disgrace and Justin Pipe was denied a place in a major final a couple of weeks ago by a cretin shouting out when he went for a winning double.
Rod Harrington was saying after the Caris match that there are security people in the crowd who will deal with those who are disrupting play but when there are so many it must be difficult for them. They need to get a grip now before the whole thing descends into farce.
I'm getting so pissed off with the chanting between the tables and stands. There are great games going on and all these morons want to do is bait each other. And mark my words, if Barry Hearn gets his way snooker will be the same before long.

I don't know where you magic pixies came from, but I like your pixie drink!
31-12-2011 10:42
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

Two semi finals that are tough to call. Lewis v Wade and Whitlock v Hamilton which I think could go all the way to the wire.

31-12-2011 18:52
terence Offline

(31-12-2011 10:42 )rickhardo Wrote:  And mark my words, if Barry Hearn gets his way snooker will be the same before long.

i think that idea has the potential to be the funniest thing on t.v!Bounce

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
31-12-2011 18:59
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StridentOnanist Offline
Wanker-4-Life

Will somebody PLEASE shut that door!!!
02-01-2012 00:27
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

Remarkable pair of semis. I don't particularly like the way Lewis behaves sometimes but fair play to him for coming back from 5-1 down to win 6-5 with the crowd against him and Wade playing by no means badly. He could have easily collapsed and thrown in the towel but no. He pulled himself together and won it. My gut instinct is that Hamilton may struggle in the final but lets hope its a classic.

02-01-2012 02:04
Money_Shot Offline
ATFC - 1992

I can't believe it, I wish I 'd stuck a pony on Lewis to win once I declared him not being good enough.

How Wade didn't win that is beyond me but fair play to Lewis. I think too that Hamilton will struggle, but let's hope his name will be on the trophy.

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
02-01-2012 03:31
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

I question whether Hamilton can sustain enough pressure on Lewis for long enough to stand a chance. He will have to have a high checkout percentage and decent scoring and maintain it for the whole match. The experience of Lewis in last years final may be important. He has been there and done it before. My head says Lewis in 10 sets but I hope I'm wrong.

Alas it came to pass Sad, probably the only prediction I will get right all month Wink. Shame really but Hamilton did not take his opportunities when they came along to dictate the pattern of the match and losing the last set from 2-0 up in legs said it all really. A disappointing end to a pretty good championship.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 23:47 by Snooks.)
02-01-2012 04:59
rickhardo Offline
Evening!

I really really hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling Lewis is going to whitewash Hamilton.
As for last night what a fantastic pair of semis that was, two of the most enthralling games you'll ever see. Huge credit to Lewis and Wade for the way they both dealt with the few cretins in the crowd. Anybody who boos when a player is throwing for a double should have his "amusing" placard thing stuffed forcibly up his arse (or indeed hers).

I don't know where you magic pixies came from, but I like your pixie drink!
02-01-2012 14:26
Phoenix Offline
Posting Machine

After the way the World's had gone so far you wouldn't be surprised if the final is anti-climactic, but I fancy Hamilton to nick it
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 01:07 by Phoenix.)
02-01-2012 16:59