Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average

A PM to Admin, posted as an open letter...

Red Offline
Knight Errant?

RE: A PM to Admin, posted as an open letter...
Personally although up to admin I do believe he is going to need assistance with a short list unless he wants to read through every single post on here to see who is appropriate (although bringing someone from outside could be and option as well). If nothing else a short list of people to exclude from moderating. No I'm not making suggestions
Mr G, actually knowing a few people in the TV business is a minor part of what I'm involved with and because of them it'd be a bad idea for me to mod as I've strong personal biases (I think by now some of them will be obvious).
Tech savvy? Actually not as much as I was 5-10 years ago. I grew up out of the nerd thing Tongue Oh and my grasp of literature? Well classical is patchy at best and modern seems to be limited to reference material. Oh and Knight Errant, well if you charge me with that title then you really would be in for trouble as I've been honoured to be carrying Sarah's colours and whilst I don't have a problem with that I know some people wouldn't like that at all Sad

TBH I think rather than moderating what is written though the first priority I'd put on here would be a rethink of the layout and restructure to try and stop the multiple posts on the same topic, something that seems to be happening already Cool That way it should cut down on the whole job of tidying up from getting exponentially worse

Oh and Speedy, just for you I'm going to nominate Bonkers if he ever dare come back and stick up for himself Wink No, I agree. Let admin choose. However those of us that don't have the time or inclination to moderate might want to let him know in advance to save him time, this is all presuming he wants extra help (separately though rather than here before this turns into a me too thread)

I don't even know who I am so you'll forgive me if I ask 'Who the f**k do you think you are?!'
11-02-2009 13:16
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shandy Offline

Just an idea, after the last couple of days, for the girls without their own section, it might be good for them to have one thread for discussing the specific girl and one with just caps and videos. its not a big thing, but the idea occured to me and thought would suggest.
11-02-2009 22:41
DrGrumpyPants Away
Account closed

This new chat thing might be a blessing in disguise when the teething troubles are worked out lol
12-02-2009 09:17
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

Just to let everyone know, since there's been no news for a few days, admin has been in touch to apologise for the lack of communication while he sorted out the the chatbox. No apologies are necessary, the old shoutbox was being overloaded and causing the whole site to bork on a regular basis, so I think it's fair to say that had priorityBig Grin The new chatbox has more than enough functionality to stop threads from being used as chatrooms, so it ended up addressing one of the problems mentioned in the letter anyway, killing two birds with one stone!

Erm, that's all, really... Just wanted to keep everyone involved -or looking on with interest- in the loop.

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
15-02-2009 03:07
rover Offline

Thanks for keeping us updated Mr Gummidge like you say the chatbox has addressed some of the problems we had with the forum.

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me,either. Just leave me alone.
15-02-2009 03:27
doc7576 Offline
Master Poster

Thanks for the info mr g, have to agree sorting the chat has been a good thing for the threads.
15-02-2009 22:06
$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

After a brief hiatus it appears there's still some work to be done?
Thanks to Mr G for acting as spokesperson.
Sure admin is looking at ways to improve the running of the forum.

reason for edit: to give superadmin a break!

If your dying day is near, spend it with a can of beer.
When the angels start to call, make sure you`ve drunk it all.
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2009 22:50 by $h!ny h3lm3t.)
18-02-2009 22:24
admin. Offline
Administrator

$h!ny h3lm3t Wrote:Still some work to be done i see.
Slowly but surely?

Admin does everything as quickly as possible, but when there's a lot to be done it's inevitable that it can't all be done overnight.

Forum Admin
18-02-2009 22:40
Shandy Offline

To be honest, i wasn't having a gripe at there being too many threads as such, I was more meaning that there's 3 or more threads all about the same thing, if you get where i am coming from. Just would be nice if they'd done a search first Smile It was what i did when i started Smile

with the newbies, there's a good lot of them about, I still class myself as a newbie to be honest as only been here a month, but i see what the others mean, there are some that tarnish the rest.
19-02-2009 00:03
DrGrumpyPants Away
Account closed

would be good if we could find of way to link posts to sevral threads. or maybe big cappers should have their own threads where they can post caps and then everyone knows where the caps are likely to be ie if josh 1979 had his own thread i would know to go there if i wanted specific caps from him
19-02-2009 13:29