babestation harem

Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average

Are the fanboys partly responsible for the state of the babeshows?

Midlifecrisis Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Are the fanboys partly responsible for the state of the babeshows?
(30-05-2011 00:08 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2011 18:17 )wasteofspace Wrote:  ... some people talk as if the girls do what they do for free and the calls are free; and the callers and viewers should be grateful that they do what they do...

That's a great point, wasteofspace! The praise bestowed upon these girls does sicken me at times. Like the man says, they're not doing this job out of the goodness of their hearts!!
What percentage of the girls are not doing there job properly in your opinion then. I must admit i usually follow the girls who would make Ofcoms board toes curl given half a chance. My favourite being one of these,i take your points on board also. But to tar them all with the same brush may be harsh.
30-05-2011 06:52
Find all posts by this user
BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

If there were no fanboys there would be less channels, so fanboys give us more choice. Smile
30-05-2011 11:23
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(30-05-2011 11:23 )BarrieBF Wrote:  If there were no fanboys there would be less channels, so fanboys give us more choice. Smile

Or, another way of looking at that would be: If there were no fanboys the channels would be far more entertaining and (possibly) ruder, because the channels/girls would have to work harder to get the calls in, instead of lying there motionless because they know they can get away with talking about the weather and holiday destinations all night.
30-05-2011 15:02
iloveMegan Offline
And Rebecca Jade

(30-05-2011 15:02 )StanTheMan Wrote:  lying there motionless because they know they can get away with talking about the weather and holiday destinations all night.

I don't really understand this argument. There have always been fanboys calling in to have "normal" conversations with the girls long before Bang Babes was closed down.

"You are rude" - Michelle Thorne
"haha ilM you sick bastard" - Rev Tsu

This is the internet! How else can I communicate with you other than from behind my computer screen?
30-05-2011 15:08
Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

Truth be known..each girl will work within

a) There own limits
b) The limits set by there employer &
c) The requests of the caller (obviously if they adhere to points a&b)

Now ive already said that if i pay the money then i talk about what i want...Can you really argue that point?

However, the channels and the girls will not honestly care what type of callers are on the line..as long as the calls keep coming in.
If they did care, they would not allow people to continue talking about mundane matters and try harder to steer the
conversation to sex/fantasy etc. but they don't because they know that a "sexy call" for 15 minutes will bring in the
same revenue as a "mundane call" which lasts 15 minutes!

Besides, having seen some girls performances on various channels of late, im well prepared to believe that
some girls would be more than happy to forgo the "oh baby do you like that...." for "yes the weather is good..." type
conversations. Wink

In short yes fanboys are responsible...so are the girls who don't perform..so are the channels who set the rules..so is ofcom..so is Mary Whitehouse..etc etc etc..
30-05-2011 15:33
Big Stu Offline
,,, is back!

I suspect quite a large percentage of revenue come in from callers listening in to a conversation rather than actually engaging in chat themselves. So if you call and get someone talking about their shopping you are going to hang up sharpish. I've often heard girls say they have listeners in the system but no one on the phone. I am sure the call stats get a great deal of scrutiny during the live shows and while the channels will be happy for anyone to prattle on at 4am on a quiet Wednesday, i think if a 'feature' show/girl was being tied up with this type of call at peak time they would quickly be cut off. I know of at least one occasion recently when one of the more persistent 'off subject' callers got through to a girl while i was in the queue and he appeared to get cut off deliberately after a couple of minutes. I appreciate some callers will like to chat rather than have a quick wank and i suspect the best time for them to get through would be the first hour when it is generally quieter.
But as has been stated several times in this thread, without the callers there would be no shows.
30-05-2011 15:53
dafro77 Offline
Master Poster

There are both sides to this arguement, but for me, I hold off on phoning in if you can tell someone is just having a normal conversation. It aint cheap so I dont mind listening in while waiting if filth is being spoken, but if someone is talking about there holidays, it is pointless hanging around. Basically yes its your money so you can talk about what you want but the channels might lose out on calls if people dont phone in because they dont want to hear a boring conversation.
30-05-2011 15:54
Winston Wolfe Offline
AKA "Mr. Black"

(29-05-2011 00:58 )StanTheMan Wrote:  Great post, Winston, and nicely back on topic... and that's not only being said because you're backing up my theory Smile

As I've already said, the producers see little reason for 'rocking the boat' while they're pulling in the dollars like they currently are. Aside from Asian Blokes, I very rarely see a girl that's NOT on the phone. If their bank accounts ever start to suffer we may see some form of shake-up/improvement, but not until, sadly.

I don't have a problem with the babe channel format per se. However, I can see why it becomes an issue when the format is one of the only entertainment options available to viewers/customers in the adult section. Lack of choice is the real problem here. You have all this talent and the only way you can see most of them on TV is via phone sex/chat channels. They definitely need a new format.

There is a clear gap in the marketplace, but until channel owners/producers show some ambition in terms of pure entertainment (instead of living on easy street most of the time), then the adult sector will continue to be a cash cow at the general expense of production values.

Some people think this is all OFCOM's fault. Yes, the rules are too strict, but one thing OFCOM can't be blamed for is production values (some of the adult/glamour websites, that OFCOM have no jurisdiction over, are proof of this).

I've always maintained, since I registered and started posting here, that OFCOM don't like the "quick buck" mentality on TV - especially when it comes to adult material.

I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
07-06-2011 13:19
Winston Wolfe Offline
AKA "Mr. Black"

(29-05-2011 02:01 )thinwhiteduke Wrote:  I've never heard of this 80/20 rule but I bow to your superior knowledge.
So what your saying is that the babeshows are bucking the rules.
Not just bucking the rules but knocking the back out of them.They don't really need to do a lot starting at such a low percentage to maybe double or treble their customers.
Sorry if i've got this wrong but there were two sets of figures given.(Is it 20% or 2% ?)

Just in case you didn't figure it out in the meantime, I'll clarify it...

I was talking about 20%, of the 2% of customers, providing 80% of the revenue in the long run.

It's the kind of format that encourages this type of trade (services that customers generally pay over the odds for).

I remember a fanboy of one of the girls complaining to her about spending around £90 in one night trying to get through to chat (without success). He was clearly someone in that 20% bracket, as this is something most people wouldn't even consider doing.

The majority of casual customers will only be in it for the short-term. They will eavesdrop now and then, try out some of the pictures and videos, but are unlikely to make a habit of it. In the long run, they will usually account for around 20% of the revenue.

The figures won't always be 100% accurate, but it's a solid foundation.

Hope this helps...

I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
07-06-2011 13:26
Digital Dave Away
Retired

(07-06-2011 13:26 )Winston Wolfe Wrote:  Just in case you didn't figure it out in the meantime, I'll clarify it...

I was talking about 20%, of the 2% of customers, providing 80% of the revenue in the long run.

It's the kind of format that encourages this type of trade (services that customers generally pay over the odds for).

I remember a fanboy of one of the girls complaining to her about spending around £90 in one night trying to get through to chat (without success). He was clearly someone in that 20% bracket, as this is something most people wouldn't even consider doing.

The majority of casual customers will only be in it for the short-term. They will eavesdrop now and then, try out some of the pictures and videos, but are unlikely to make a habit of it. In the long run, they will usually account for around 20% of the revenue.

The figures won't always be 100% accurate, but it's a solid foundation.

Hope this helps...

Are you sure that the majority of callers don't make a habit of it? My impression from reading this forum is that it does become addictive, and regular calling becomes the norm. How they afford it goodness knows.

There are many people on here who call in regularly and seem to think nothing of it, despite the horrendous call charges.
07-06-2011 14:28
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV