Click here to watch Studio 66

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average

[split] Elite TV

Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

RE: Danica : Elite TV Daytime - Discussion & Chat
(01-09-2012 21:43 )brinsford Wrote:  
(01-09-2012 21:01 )Shady Wrote:  I'm not taking anything personally. If you address me or respond to me, I reply and if necessary I include the point of reference. I've given my opinion, but I'm not going to expend any more time or energy on the 'debate'. I'm as bored talking about her as I was watching her in the end.
Thank God for that Amen.

Oh I'll make an exception for you fanboy! I had ended my participation, but you seem to want me to continue. You want to discuss this? Fine, please do let me hear what you have to say!

Thank you very much for my nomination in
Best Cap or Cap Set Of The Year 2013
for Dannii Harwood Posts 781 & 782

Tammy Oldham: You're fucking filthy!
Shady: You can talk!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 21:58 by Shady.)
01-09-2012 21:54
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Digital Dave Away
Retired

This debate is taking an interesting turn. I totally agree with Shady in his point of view. Personally I find the 'mellovers' of this world deeply irritating and ultimately (if you apply their thinking to society at large) destructive. It's what leads to a warped and dangerous political correctness where people are afraid to speak out.

Mellover is more than likely trying to be reasonable, trying to combat (as he sees it) unfairness. However, to my mind his thought process is a kind of liberal fascism, where nothing can ever be condemned because we're being 'unfair' and 'venomous'. But because we can't condemn anything the result is we can't improve anything, and underneath our feet bad things happen.

Surely a society should have absolutes? Surely there should be a consensus where we collectively say that a certain sort of behaviour is unacceptable, period.

The overwhelming majority of people here quite rightly condemn Danica's mindset and behaviour - they see right through her. Yet there are a pathetic few (well, one) who are so intoxicated they'll forgive her anything. Then there are a few (well, one) who bend over backwards trying to be reasonable and end up arguing against common sense and decency.

If, mellover, you genuinely believe what you say then quite frankly you're as bad as her. Would you be as forgiving if she looked like Cathy Barry?
01-09-2012 23:50
mellover Offline
Banned

[split] Danica : Elite TV Daytime - Discussion & Chat
(03-09-2012 01:32 )Shady Wrote:  Not from me.....etc

Lolz to all of the rest

Why do you think i am taking about you persoanlly, individually? This is not the first time I've said this. I'm talking generally about comments made, either in your post or others, the poster is, by an large, irrelavance to me.

I have zero interest in what you do or don't do persoanlly, to me the world does not revolve around you.

Do you always try and twist things round to make it a personal attack on yourself?

If a point is raised in your post i will respond to that generally. I read a few of your replies and basically rolled my eyes and gave up reading the rest, wasn't worth wasting my time.
03-09-2012 14:08
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

(03-09-2012 14:08 )mellover Wrote:  Lolz to all of the rest

Why do you think i am taking about you persoanlly, individually? This is not the first time I've said this. I'm talking generally about comments made, either in your post or others, the poster is, by an large, irrelavance to me.

I have zero interest in what you do or don't do persoanlly, to me the world does not revolve around you.

Do you always try and twist things round to make it a personal attack on yourself?

If a point is raised in your post i will respond to that generally. I read a few of your replies and basically rolled my eyes and gave up reading the rest, wasn't worth wasting my time.

I didn't accuse you of attacking me personally, I simply reiterated that I don't hate Danica because that was your first line in a comment that quoted mine. If you quote my post in yours I will assume you are answering me. What the fuck is so difficult for you to understand about that? Learn to use the forum's tools properly and you won't have this continuing problem!

Of course the world doesn't revolve around me, but we are engaged in conversation/debate, so we each present our opinions. That's how the board works, or is that too difficult for you to grasp? You have quoted my posts and also questioned them, so why are you so annoyed when I respond? I simply don't understand your problem with me. If you don't want to or are unable to continue debating, I'll understand.

As you admit to no longer reading my posts anyway, you're hardly in a position to continue discussing them. I assume therefore, that you will no longer be addressing me.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 17:44 by Shady.)
03-09-2012 16:24
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

Careful Munch, despite Mellover quoting your post he'll now try to say he wasn't actually addressing you and get all upset. Isn't that right Mellover? Big Grin

03-09-2012 16:25
malicious fan Offline
Posting Machine

(03-09-2012 16:24 )Shady Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 14:08 )mellover Wrote:  Lolz to all of the rest

I didn't accuse you of attacking me personally, I simply reiterated that I don't hate Danica because that was your first line in a comment that quoted mine. If you quote my post in yours I will assume you are answering me. What the fuck is so difficult for you to understand about that? Learn to use the forum's tools properly and you won't have this continuing problem!

Of course the world doesn't revolve around me, but we are engaged in conversation/debate, so we each present our opinions. That's how the board works, or is that too difficult for you to grasp? You have quoted my posts and also questioned them, so why are you so annoyed when I respond? I simply don't understand your problem with me. If you don't want to or are unable to continue debating, I'll understand.

As you admit to no longer reading my posts, you're hardly in a position to continue discussing them. I assume therefore, that you will no longer be addressing me.
nooo go find him! he's around here sumwhere, go carry on the debate with him please ffsSmile try looking in the cbb thread!

have your own opinion, lead dont follow.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 16:56 by malicious fan.)
03-09-2012 16:55
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

(03-09-2012 16:55 )malicious fan Wrote:  nooo go find him! he's around here sumwhere, go carry on the debate with him please ffsSmile try looking in the cbb thread!

Am I being unreasonable? Am I wrong? Isn't the quote facility there to address specific comments made by one or more people? Why is this guy so damned paranoid about my answering a comment in which he quotes me? I honestly don't get it!

03-09-2012 17:00
malicious fan Offline
Posting Machine

(03-09-2012 17:00 )Shady Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 16:55 )malicious fan Wrote:  nooo go find him! he's around here sumwhere, go carry on the debate with him please ffsSmile try looking in the cbb thread!

Am I being unreasonable? Am I wrong? Isn't the quote facility there to address specific comments made by one or more people? Why is this guy so damned paranoid about my answering a comment in which he quotes me? I honestly don't get it!
no, no, yes and the last 1 i aint got a clue about his paranoia! im sure he will reply soon, so good luckSmile

have your own opinion, lead dont follow.
03-09-2012 17:11
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

I don't think I need luck to be honest. He seems to do a great job of arguing without actually adding anything of substance, making himself look like a clown. The arguments he produces are opinion only, which has no place in a debate.

Where opinion stops and fact begins, there's little point in commenting without evidence to back it up. That's why in my comments I try to point to the 'Rinsing' programme if I'm talking about the wish list, or point towards the website when she claimed to be broke and the website said she was working full time.

I feel like we're going around in circles with Mellover, hearing the same rhetoric over and over again without ever imparting actual facts. Of course, that's probably why he is whining about me supposedly taking posts personally, or accusing me of thinking the world revolves around me. He's just run out of ideas and is nit picking, like how Brinsford only piped in with a sarcastic comment after I said I was finished with the thread. They're two people who manage to say a lot, without actually having a lot to say.

03-09-2012 17:26
MeTarzan Offline
Holly McGuire lives in my Tree

Agree - I think he's just arguing for the sake of it.

His posts are so rambling, I find it hard to reply.

Perhaps he'd like to try composing his thoughts and then writing them down as concisely as possible - it's the most effective form of argument.

(03-09-2012 17:26 )Shady Wrote:  They're two people who manage to say a lot, without actually having a lot to say.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.
...Homer J. Simpson
03-09-2012 17:50

Click here to watch Studio 66