gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average

Words or Expression That Should be Banned

bobek Offline
Banned

RE: Words or Expression That Should be Banned
"For sure" - The biggest offenders being Formula 1 Drivers but it's managed to infect most forms of Motorsport.
12-11-2010 01:55
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alexfury Offline
!!!!!SPOON!!!!!

50% off top brands
or
shit we could not sell at full price

my top 10 in alphabetical order
Ashleigh Doll / Bailey /Caty Cole /Daryl Morgan / Kandi / Leah Jaye / Levi / Lucy Zara / Sophie Hart / Tori Lee

I have a thing for big boobs can you tell
12-11-2010 02:17
Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

Ha ha! Yeah, "Buy one, get one free" - Yes, we really have been ripping you off that muchBig Laugh

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
12-11-2010 02:23
alexfury Offline
!!!!!SPOON!!!!!

BounceBig Laughlaugh or sale of the century
its not even the sale of the year and what there selling you dont want

my top 10 in alphabetical order
Ashleigh Doll / Bailey /Caty Cole /Daryl Morgan / Kandi / Leah Jaye / Levi / Lucy Zara / Sophie Hart / Tori Lee

I have a thing for big boobs can you tell
12-11-2010 02:33
Red Offline
Knight Errant?

Well a rare few will have perchance had occasion to know I can, on occasion string together a few words into a semblence that some would deem passable as a sentence.

To those doctrinaires that don't. Listen, learn and relax. Languages have always been fluid in their form. They advance and evole over time. Sure, those changes might not all be to the liking of everyone in the populace. I ask however whether it matters as long as the message is comprehended by the intended audience?

Don't agree with me? Well, I'm not surprised. However mayhap a snippet of a recording from somebody far more widely known for their eloquent oratory adroitness of the English language could persuade you?

Stephen Fry Kinetic Typography - Language from Matthew Rogers on Vimeo.

Still not convinced?

Well at least I'll have fun turning the key and watching you go. I'll try not to wind you up too tight Bounce

I don't even know who I am so you'll forgive me if I ask 'Who the f**k do you think you are?!'
17-11-2010 03:55
Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

Thank you - how erudite and welcome.Smile

However, I should still prefer to beat to death the next person who I catch using the 'word' Roflcopter. As mispelled in the (genuinely posted in response to a YouTube vid, although it could easily be any WoW player) "Lawlz rofflecopter!"
Thank you for your kind attention.Wink

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
22-11-2010 23:45
supermario1983 Offline
Master Poster

one expression that pisses me off is when someone says "i think what my friend meant to say is".

first of all whatever i said i meant it and secondly i don't need anybody speaking on my behalf so just shut up and mind your own business.
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2010 03:18 by supermario1983.)
17-12-2010 03:17
Light Entertainment Offline
Senior Poster

"Carrying system". Oh, you mean a bag?

"Under new management". It basically means "My brother's gone to prison", and should be clearly displayed as such.

"Drink responsibly".

"There's more bacteria on your computer keyboard than there is on your toilet seat!". Not at 3am on a Sunday morning there bloody isn't!!! Ban this appallingly researched marketing slogan!!

"All our staff are very highly trained" - when the reality is: "Most of our staff have been given an internal memo entitled 'Why The Fuck Do I Bother?!!'"

"Bi-active Trigenic Ridiculum Propate" - or any other fancily-worded non-ingredient quoted in a bid to convince the public that yoghurt can somehow prolong someone's life.

"There’s nothing worse than...", used, perhaps by a shopping channel, as follows... "There's nothing worse than going into a shop and finding they haven't got what you want". Perfectly true of course, if you don't count death, famine, disease, war, torture, floods, fires, abject poverty, disability, prejudice, getting stabbed, getting shot, falling out of a car, getting married, getting married and then falling out of a car, getting dumped, getting dumped and then run over, televising excruciatingly smug couples being shown round houses they've no intention of buying (by even smugger estate agents), smugness per se, going on holiday and finding the hotel hasn't been built, blokes who turn up at a dinner party with a half-defrosted beefburger on a skewer, making a prick of yourself on a forum, making a prick of yourself in general, getting headbutted in the balls by a bull, a slap, a kick up the arse, and about eighty-nine billion other things, including the shopping channel itself.
20-12-2010 19:46
Charlemagne Offline

A job consultant on BBC Breakfast TV came out with a pearl on Friday.

If a company is 'De-layering' - someones being made redundant.
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2010 20:15 by Charlemagne.)
20-12-2010 20:14
mrichie10 Away
Banned

I Like to go to macdonalds now and again and when i go and order my meal i'm am asked all the time if there is anything else that annoys the fuck outta of me unless the assistant who serving me going to pay for anything that they wish me to order then i don't want to hear that, i aint stupid and i must know what i want to eat and order before i get in there so i dont want any encouragement to buy extra food unless it's free!
06-01-2011 14:16

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles