RE: My hobbies
[Image: schrodingers+cat+small.jpg]

03-08-2010 03:39
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

New hobby added this week...

Conversational trolling: The art of littering one's real life conversations with mixed up proverbs ("A stitch in time saves 12"), misused figures of speech ("Stop picking hairs, you know what I mean") double - or even triple - metasyntactic variables ("Whatsyourname? Put the thingy over there on the whatsit"), and blatantly false trivia ("Did you know that chinchillas can breathe underwater?") until someone pulls you up on it. Once they've done so, an evil grin is required in order to let the victim know they've been caught. If possible, keep this song on your ipod or mobile phone just for the purpose...

01-09-2010 01:31
Red Offline
Knight Errant?

I see you have already started... New hobby indeed! Big Laugh

I don't even know who I am so you'll forgive me if I ask 'Who the f**k do you think you are?!'
02-09-2010 02:41
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

New hobbies this week:

1. Holding the door open for people when they're slightly too far away and watching them do an awkward half jog to reach it.

2. Attempting to make finger guns cool.

3. Trying to convince people that automatic doors have a safety system which means they open faster when you approach them at high speed. Sooner or later someone is going to sprint at one...

4. Thread necromancy.

5. Deliberately mixing up famous Katies when forced to listen to Celebrity Big Brother chatter.

6. Attempting to vindicate the career of Adrian Chiles. (This one could take a while)

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
03-02-2015 00:10
Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

(03-02-2015 00:10 )Mister Gummidge Wrote:  Attempting to make finger guns cool.

Do you favour; 'two fingers / thumb down across third' semi-automatic; the slightly more elegant yet naive 'index finger pointing / thumb raised as hammer' revolver; or the 'rapidly dialling the Police you psycho' not playing this game any more?

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
03-02-2015 01:40
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

I stick with the 'thumb raised/revolver'. I'm all about the classics. And there's nothing naive about revolvers. While there's always the risk of a semi automatic finger gun jamming, my revolver finger guns will fire time after time after time. Besides, I back up my finger guns with a wink and clicking my tongue. With all that firepower who needs a semi anyway?

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
03-02-2015 02:10
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

(03-02-2015 00:10 )Mister Gummidge Wrote:  2. Attempting to make finger guns cool.

BLASPHEMY!!!

Finger guns have ALWAYS been cool! Cool

Pow, and indeed... Pow!

03-02-2015 17:01

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles