gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average

My hobbies

Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

My hobbies
I need a hobby, but I bore easily. With that in mind, I'm going to be using this thread to periodically update my list of current time filling activities. This week, my hobbies are...

1. When talking to anyone with a deep understanding of probability, insisting strenuously that the probability of any given event taking place is 50/50. It'll either happen, or it won't.

2. Sniggering and repeating the last phrase of sentences which blatantly aren't dirty, as if they are. E.G. "Hur-hur-hur. Chicken balti", "Hur-hur-hur. Went to the shop". If someone does make an accidental double entendre, when thy laugh about it, I just stare at them as if I'm baffled about what's so funny.

3. Knocking on the window and waving furiously at random pedestrians while I'm on the bus, making "It's me!" type motions and gesturing that I'll call them.

More updates, as I find new things to occupy myself.
27-07-2010 22:01
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

RE: My hobbies
Funnily enough, today I was told by a company Doctor to find a hobby to deal with work related stress. The suggestion made my blood boil.... I presented him with numerous points detailing how my company pushes its employees to the brink of mental breakdown, how a lack of any welfare for staff is damaging peoples health and that the top brass don't care at all, but a hobby will apparently cure everything.

Sorry to hijack your thread Mr G. Rant over. Big Grin
27-07-2010 22:25
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

OMG that was hilarious - I'm still pissing myself laughing! With the exception of probability discussions, you pretty much listed my hobbies from about the age of 13 until...well now basically!

Phwoar, hobbies...heh heh heh Bounce

Thank you very much for my nomination in
Best Cap or Cap Set Of The Year 2013
for Dannii Harwood Posts 781 & 782

Tammy Oldham: You're fucking filthy!
Shady: You can talk!

27-07-2010 22:26
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

(27-07-2010 22:25 )vostok 1 Wrote:  Funnily enough, today I was told by a company Doctor to find a hobby to deal with work related stress. The suggestion made my blood boil.... I presented him with numerous points detailing how my company pushes its employees to the brink of mental breakdown, how a lack of any welfare for staff is damaging peoples health and that the top brass don't care at all, but a hobby will apparently cure everything.

Sorry to hijack your thread Mr G. Rant over. Big Grin

I had the same conversation with my former employers last year. I say former, as it turns out my favourite hobby of 2010 so far was finding a lawyer prepared to bend them over and ride 'em like a Blackpool donkey for me.

Funnily enough when he did, they pressed some cash into my hand and asked me not to say anything nasty about them when I left. I love the law Heart

27-07-2010 22:34
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

(27-07-2010 22:34 )Shady Cee Wrote:  I had the same conversation with my former employers last year. I say former, as it turns out my favourite hobby of 2010 so far was finding a lawyer prepared to bend them over and ride 'em like a Blackpool donkey for me.

Perhaps a hobby like yours would do me some good!
27-07-2010 22:46
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

Oh yes Vostok - When it comes to making Company Directors sweat like a Priest at a playgroup...I highly recommend setting a lawyer on them Big Grin

28-07-2010 00:20
Red Offline
Knight Errant?

Mister Gummidge Wrote:1. When talking to anyone with a deep understanding of probability, insisting strenuously that the probability of any given event taking place is 50/50. It'll either happen, or it won't.
And for those with understanding of quantum mechanics as well as probability? Tongue Big Grin
Mister Gummidge Wrote:2. Sniggering and repeating the last phrase of sentences which blatantly aren't dirty, as if they are. E.G. "Hur-hur-hur. Chicken balti", "Hur-hur-hur. Went to the shop". If someone does make an accidental double entendre, when thy laugh about it, I just stare at them as if I'm baffled about what's so funny.
Believe me, the double entendre wouldn't be accidental. You would be surprised how innocent meanings can be twisted Surprised Not by me of course Rolleyes
Mister Gummidge Wrote:3. Knocking on the window and waving furiously at random pedestrians while I'm on the bus, making "It's me!" type motions and gesturing that I'll call them.
Nice to know you're distracted by pedestrians whilst I tail you in the car Wink

I don't even know who I am so you'll forgive me if I ask 'Who the f**k do you think you are?!'
30-07-2010 02:49
Captain Vimes Offline
Deus Ex Machina

(30-07-2010 02:49 )Red Wrote:  And for those with understanding of quantum mechanics as well as probability? Tongue Big Grin

We are talking cats in boxes here, aren't we?
30-07-2010 03:04
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

(30-07-2010 03:04 )CaptainVimes Wrote:  We are talking cats in boxes here, aren't we?

Chinese takeaway??

30-07-2010 03:37
Red Offline
Knight Errant?

CaptainVimes Wrote:We are talking cats in boxes here, aren't we?
Are you sure the cat is still in the box? Wink
Shady Cee Wrote:Chinese takeaway??
Nope, that is dog in a bag, with extra fnar-fnar Big Laugh

Maybe I should take up taking threads off-topic, but then been doing that for years Big Grin

I don't even know who I am so you'll forgive me if I ask 'Who the f**k do you think you are?!'
30-07-2010 13:37

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles