Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 2.68 Average

Gripes and people forgetting where they are from

vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

RE: Gripes and people forgetting where they are from
(01-04-2010 02:25 )Deb x Wrote:  Any girl on nights who starts equating getting her boobs out with being a "call girl" is on dodgy ground anyway, imo. There's an implied insult there to the girls who do get 'em out.

They all set their own limits. She could've just said "I don't do that" and kept her narkiness in check.

Er, remember the context here. I would take 'call girl' in this connection to mean one of the girls dealing with the calls. It's a phone-in, remember?

And, again if I'm reading this correctly, she wasn't being 'narky' - that was in the mind of the listener.
01-04-2010 02:34
Find all posts by this user
Deb x Away
Master Poster

I think we have very different interpretations of Thund's initial post, vila. Without seeing the actual footage, it's impossible to say who's closer to the truth here.

(01-04-2010 02:34 )vila Wrote:  I would take 'call girl' in this connection to mean one of the girls dealing with the calls. It's a phone-in, remember?

I've never heard the girls on screen referred to as 'call girls' before; that phrase has a very different meaning for me.

If, like you say, it's 'narky' in the mind of a listener, then that's definitely one interpretation of how she came across.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2010 02:52 by Deb x.)
01-04-2010 02:41
Bluearmy71 Offline
Army Of Blue

(01-04-2010 02:12 )Paula_K Wrote:  When a woman doesn't want to do something, she doesn't do it.

And the same doesn't apply for men! Rolleyes
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2010 02:44 by Bluearmy71.)
01-04-2010 02:44
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(01-04-2010 02:41 )Deb x Wrote:  I've never heard the girls on screen referred to as 'call girls' before; that phrase has a very different meaning for me.

Yes, I know what a 'call girl' normally means, but in this context, where she was saying that there were other girls working the phones and getting their boobs out and she was just presenting, she obviously (leastways, obviously to me) meant something rather different. And if we're talking about a disparaging attitude, how about "remember where you are from" for starters? As far as I'm concerned, that's no way to talk about anyone.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2010 02:53 by vila.)
01-04-2010 02:51
Deb x Away
Master Poster

I didn't watch the incident, it's true. I can only go on Thund's description for my interpretation of 'call girl'.
I don't know who the girl was, or her background/previous work, so the 'remember where you came from' remark made no sense to me; I didn't, and don't care to comment on it.
01-04-2010 03:04
Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

i'd say, without sounding like Thunds spokesman, that the phrase 'remember where you came from' was probably worded incorrectly and basically what he meant was remember where you're working ie: a sex chat tv station. i think i have a rough idea who is being described in the original post, and while that particular 'performance' of hers disappointed me, one of many i dont doubt, it was never implied that she would be revealing any more than normal so really there shouldn't be anything to get pissed off at

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2010 03:15 by Robot Devil.)
01-04-2010 03:14
SOOPSOOP Offline
Banned

Shouldn't really be surprised.

People pay silly money to talk to these women and they get a modicum of 'fame' from it. Then you know how a lot of men on here mess themselves and go hysterical if they perceive the slightest of insults to one of the girls and attack like pack of hounds. Really creep and fawn over the girls and possitively cream themselves if they get an actual responce. All fair enough I suppose, but, no wonder it goes to some of girls heads. bladewave
01-04-2010 03:17
De La Red Offline
Senior Poster

(01-04-2010 02:34 )vila Wrote:  
(01-04-2010 02:25 )Deb x Wrote:  Any girl on nights who starts equating getting her boobs out with being a "call girl" is on dodgy ground anyway, imo. There's an implied insult there to the girls who do get 'em out.

They all set their own limits. She could've just said "I don't do that" and kept her narkiness in check.

Er, remember the context here. I would take 'call girl' in this connection to mean one of the girls dealing with the calls. It's a phone-in, remember?

And, again if I'm reading this correctly, she wasn't being 'narky' - that was in the mind of the listener.

Its all down to interpretation. How the girl came across has generated different reactions from people, as the reactions between you and Thund over this are quite different. It doesnt make either of you right or wrong. Its just the way it is.

I have a perception of your posts in this thread as being overly defensive. That probably isnt your intention, and may well come across differently to other people. Again, no right or wrong, just the way it is.
01-04-2010 07:08
De La Red Offline
Senior Poster

(01-04-2010 02:44 )Bluearmy71 Wrote:  
(01-04-2010 02:12 )Paula_K Wrote:  When a woman doesn't want to do something, she doesn't do it.

And the same doesn't apply for men! Rolleyes

Thats equality for you Big Laugh
01-04-2010 07:15
boogieboyb Offline
Junior Poster

Who is the girl in question?
01-04-2010 10:31
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV